boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: 2014 participants

Post by boff180 »

It's in a thread in aviation waffle and RIAT areas :smile:

GARYKING

Post by GARYKING »

Its there a link to confirmed aircraft for Farnborough? This Farnborough site seems 'out of date'.

Hammy

Post by Hammy »

GARYKING wrote:Its there a link to confirmed aircraft for Farnborough? This Farnborough site seems 'out of date'.

Nope, trade day participation is to be officially released in June - The aircraft listed in this thread are likely to attend; their attendance having been alluded to or confirmed unofficially through the aviation press and other sources, rather than Farnborough themselves.
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Planespotters.net gallery
mwneedham.com

Orion

Post by Orion »

effects wrote:
lynothehammer wrote:
tommercer wrote:
APG wrote:
Orion wrote:I haven't been for 20 years; do the Hampshire police still occupy the space between the runway and the spectators enclosure?

Regards

Private security company now stand the fence line, depends on how helpful the individual is, for ducking down at the right moment

This complaint was taken on board and is being addressed for this year

But it was also stressed that the company were briefed before hand in 2012 and they still ignored it.

Don't expect too much change to be honest and i'm certainly not blaming FIA for it either as really it seems it's out of their control.

I am curious to know how you guys would provide security without being on the 'wrong' side of the crowdline?

When you bear in mind just how expensive the entrance is you'd have thought that the security people could be provided with chairs. Anyway, has there ever been a security issue at Farnborough?

Regards

effects

Post by effects »

Orion wrote:
effects wrote:
lynothehammer wrote:
tommercer wrote:
APG wrote:
Orion wrote:I haven't been for 20 years; do the Hampshire police still occupy the space between the runway and the spectators enclosure?

Regards

Private security company now stand the fence line, depends on how helpful the individual is, for ducking down at the right moment

This complaint was taken on board and is being addressed for this year

But it was also stressed that the company were briefed before hand in 2012 and they still ignored it.

Don't expect too much change to be honest and i'm certainly not blaming FIA for it either as really it seems it's out of their control.

I am curious to know how you guys would provide security without being on the 'wrong' side of the crowdline?

When you bear in mind just how expensive the entrance is you'd have thought that the security people could be provided with chairs. Anyway, has there ever been a security issue at Farnborough?

Regards

As it is a trade show there is always various groups who would like to disrupt things. Chairs would encourage people to nod off during their stint.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

Farnborough is also a big BAe complex lets not forget !, you dont even need an airshow to encourage demonstrators outside the fence let alone the nightmare of letting thousands of people inside the fence every 2 years !

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Apparently we may be seeing the SWAFHF
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

effects

Post by effects »

BrizeWatcher wrote:Apparently we may be seeing the SWAFHF

Shhh or you will upset the RIAT lot :lol:
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Looks like the F-35 is now official https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f-35 ... ish-flight
Cant believe Farnborough insist on not publishing their expected aircraft until a month before the show when so much is now public knowledge, crazy.

tmattias

Post by tmattias »

F-35B flying - "The aircraft will also take part in the Farnborough air show, but only in the flying display, flying in from Fairford, where it is understood the aircraft will be based."

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.asp ... 679080.xml

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

tmattias wrote:F-35B flying - "The aircraft will also take part in the Farnborough air show, but only in the flying display, flying in from Fairford, where it is understood the aircraft will be based."

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.asp ... 679080.xml

I might be mis-interpreting this, but does "only in the flying display" mean no static examples at Farnborough, or does it mean only on the public flying display days? :question:

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

According to the local press here in the West Country the F 35 will be flying at Farnborough and " appearing" at RIAT Fairford so read into that what you will.

Here in Bristol we have Airbus , BAe , Rolls Royce , GKN , and many other Companies with a vested interest in the F 35 so these Companies keep the press well informed of anything that's of a "good news for the local economy" nature. Here's hoping it will be flying at both events as they have both been really lacking in the "interest" front over the last few years.

I suppose the Exhibition Halls will be firmly closed to the general Public on Sat / Sun at Farnborough . I know, lets show off , display , sell , inform , impress with all the latest technology , engineering and manufacturing skills and facilities we have in the UK and our position for exports and trade off with Countries around the World...... and then lock it all away so that the general public and anyone that has any interest in moving into this market when they leave School , College , University has no opportunity to ask anyone any questions , information,, opportunities etc. It's not for your eyes young man ! Just in case you were thinking of that !

tmattias

Post by tmattias »

I interpreted it as it will only be on static at RIAT. My guess is that it has to do with Fairford being a US base and they have their own hangars there.

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

Bae has a big part in the F35.......Bae have offices at Farnborough.... :whistle:

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

The show reported on twitter that the F-35 will also be present on public days. Im guessing that the 2 USMC aircraft will fly/be spare each day from fairford and the RAF example will come to Farnborough on the Monday for static?

EDIT: There will also be a Spanish Navy harrier at Farnborough, unsure if flying or static! http://www.farnborough.com/page.cfm/action=press/libID=1/libEntryID=16/listID=1
Although it does say Sea Harrier DOH!

Logster

Post by Logster »

Flightline reporting on their FB page that a Spanish Sea Harrier will attend too! That is a bit of a coup!

https://www.facebook.com/flightlineuk

Edit: Beat me to it ROb!!

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

I understand that this should be flying...

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

spaceward wrote:I suppose the Exhibition Halls will be firmly closed to the general Public on Sat / Sun at Farnborough
You seem to have missed WHY the halls were closed last time. They had to be cleaned up and emptied completely by Sunday evening, as the structures were to be dismanteled in time to be used during some party in London sometimes referred to as Olympics.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

spaceward wrote:I suppose the Exhibition Halls will be firmly closed to the general Public on Sat / Sun at Farnborough . I know, lets show off , display , sell , inform , impress with all the latest technology , engineering and manufacturing skills and facilities we have in the UK and our position for exports and trade off with Countries around the World...... and then lock it all away so that the general public and anyone that has any interest in moving into this market when they leave School , College , University has no opportunity to ask anyone any questions , information,, opportunities etc. It's not for your eyes young man ! Just in case you were thinking of that !

To be fair the trade stalls are there solely for that reason, trade. Let's be honest probably 95% of Joe Public aren't really interested in anything they just want freebies.

You also have to understand that companies have to pay staff to man these stalls at the weekend, they are hardly going to be handling orders are they on Saturday or Sunday.

As for school, college & university leavers Friday is the day for them to go in as the halls are open.

Don't get me wrong as it was one of the highlights for me as a kid going in them halls and seeing how much crap i could come out with, but in this day & age you can't really blame the companies.

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

aviodromefriend wrote:
spaceward wrote:I suppose the Exhibition Halls will be firmly closed to the general Public on Sat / Sun at Farnborough
You seem to have missed WHY the halls were closed last time. They had to be cleaned up and emptied completely by Sunday evening, as the structures were to be dismanteled in time to be used during some party in London sometimes referred to as Olympics.

That was nothing to do with it...

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

A Spanish Harrier in the flying display :shock: hopefully Farnborough are putting things right after the disaster that was 2012! :clap:

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Airshowhammer wrote:A Spanish Harrier in the flying display :shock: hopefully Farnborough are putting things right after the disaster that was 2012! :clap:

That's my attendance confirmed now then. :rock:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Not to sound bah humbug but I can't say I have seen anything to say the Harrier display will be public days in addition to the trade days?

Andy

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

lynothehammer wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:

The Exhibition Halls at Paris were open on the Public days last year :smile:

That was nothing to do with it...