Farnborough fabulous friday

Farnborough fabulous friday

Postby henrik123 on Sat 24 May 2014, 9:14 am

Hello,
Its going to be my first air show in the uk, and I've been wondering what is the diffrence between the fabulous friday ticket and the regular public show ticket.
I know it has less air shows but has viewing galleries.
Ill be happy to hear your reccomandations on whats better.
Thanks in advance
henrik123

Re: Farnborough fabulous friday

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 24 May 2014, 10:54 am

Hi you will find the Friday has less than half the people that would be on the weekend, although there will be lots of students as it is also 'futures day'. The exhibition halls will be open unlike the public days with normally lots of give aways (stickers,posters etc). The flying will be a bit of a hybrid with the red arrows, Eurofighter, Me262 and Meteor, Harrier and F-35, overall a good display this year. Basically by Friday all the trade meetings have been done and its something of a flat day so the make it a special public day, it was the same in the 1970's. It will be a much more relaxed show day than the weekends.
farnboroughrob

Postby Thumper on Sat 24 May 2014, 11:11 am

farnboroughrob wrote:Hi you will find the Friday has less than half the people that would be on the weekend, although there will be lots of students as it is also 'futures day'. The exhibition halls will be open unlike the public days with normally lots of give aways (stickers,posters etc). The flying will be a bit of a hybrid with the red arrows, Eurofighter, Me262 and Meteor, Harrier and F-35, overall a good display this year. Basically by Friday all the trade meetings have been done and its something of a flat day so the make it a special public day, it was the same in the 1970's. It will be a much more relaxed show day than the weekends.

How do you know what will be flying on the Friday? I thought nothing was released until the morning of the day in question? I certainly cannot find anything on the website.
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 24 May 2014, 11:34 am

Seeing they have not even posted a list of anything on their site a display list will be a long way off. Its not normally published until the evening before.
farnboroughrob

Postby Thumper on Sat 24 May 2014, 12:20 pm

Exactly, so although it's possible that all those aircraft may fly on the Friday no-one knows and won't until the last minute. It really does make buying tickets for Farnborough stupidly impossible. Let's just buy a ticket for.... well, we don't know.
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby Pen Pusher on Sat 24 May 2014, 12:50 pm

I have a ticket for Friday based purely on the fact that there is a longer display program and arrivals for the weekend.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 24 May 2014, 1:29 pm

Sadly Farnborough seems to be the only airshow that does not publicise what aircraft will be present. I can understand it for the trade days but there should be a list for the public days.
farnboroughrob

Postby maffie on Sun 25 May 2014, 9:34 pm

When I've been before as part of the key publishing tickets, all the good aircraft from the trade days went on Thursday, and the good aircraft for the weekend arrived on Saturday. That's not too say you won't catch any good displays /static, but just bear in mind that if it says it's there for the trade days, that may only mean Mon-Thurs

Matt
maffie

Postby duxfordhawk on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm

I am hoping to do the friday show is anyone else going?
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/
duxfordhawk

Postby K213 on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:19 am

I have decided to go on Friday, rather than the weekend; as it should be less busy and also for the same reasons as Penpusher.
K213

Postby duxfordhawk on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:31 pm

Does the shuttle bus run on the Friday?
Martin
To see my Photos go to
duxfordhawk

Postby Pen Pusher on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:40 am

Shuttle bus from Farnborough station's run all week

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher

Postby duxfordhawk on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:37 am

Thanks Brian I am booking now.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
duxfordhawk

Postby Leebee0 on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:03 pm

Hi all

I have also booked my tickets for the Friday :smile: I last attended the show in 2008 and that year I went on the Friday. The only reason I decided to go on the Friday that year was to see the Vulcan and after seeing her at waddo that year decided I wanted more so I headed to Farnborough on the Friday.

I found it really easy to park get in walk around get a great spot on the flight line and easy to get out and the display was pretty good too that year.

Hope to see some of you there

Cheers

Lee.
Leebee0

Return to Farnborough International Airshow