Farnborough fabulous friday

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
henrik123

Farnborough fabulous friday

Post by henrik123 »

Hello,
Its going to be my first air show in the uk, and ive been wondering what is the diffrence between the fabulous friday ticket and the regular public show ticket.
I know it has less air shows but has viewing galleries.
Ill be happy to hear your reccomandations on whats better.
Thanks in advance

farnboroughrob

Re: Farnborough fabulous friday

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi you will find the Friday has less than half the people that would be on the weekend, although there will be lots of students as it is also 'futures day'. The exhibition halls will be open unlike the public days with normally lots of give aways (stickers,posters etc). The flying will be a bit of a hybrid with the red arrows, Eurofighter, Me262 and Meteor, Harrier and F-35, overall a good display this year. Basically by Friday all the trade meetings have been done and its something of a flat day so the make it a special public day, it was the same in the 1970's. It will be a much more relaxed show day than the weekends.

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

farnboroughrob wrote:Hi you will find the Friday has less than half the people that would be on the weekend, although there will be lots of students as it is also 'futures day'. The exhibition halls will be open unlike the public days with normally lots of give aways (stickers,posters etc). The flying will be a bit of a hybrid with the red arrows, Eurofighter, Me262 and Meteor, Harrier and F-35, overall a good display this year. Basically by Friday all the trade meetings have been done and its something of a flat day so the make it a special public day, it was the same in the 1970's. It will be a much more relaxed show day than the weekends.

How do you know what will be flying on the Friday? I thought nothing was released until the morning of the day in question? I certainly cannot find anything on the website.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Seeing they have not even posted a list of anything on their site a display list will be a long way off. Its not normally published until the evening before.

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Exactly, so although it's possible that all those aircraft may fly on the Friday no-one knows and won't until the last minute. It really does make buying tickets for Farnborough stupidly impossible. Let's just buy a ticket for.... well, we don't know.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

I have a ticket for Friday based purely on the fact that there is a longer display program and arrivals for the weekend.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Sadly Farnborough seems to be the only airshow that does not publicise what aircraft will be present. I can understand it for the trade days but there should be a list for the public days.

maffie

Post by maffie »

When I've been before as part of the key publishing tickets, all the good aircraft from the trade days went on Thursday, and the good aircraft for the weekend arrived on Saturday. That's not too say you won't catch any good displays /static, but just bear in mind that if it says it's there for the trade days, that may only mean Mon-Thurs

Matt

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

I am hoping to do the friday show is anyone else going?
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/

K213

Post by K213 »

I have decided to go on Friday, rather than the weekend; as it should be less busy and also for the same reasons as Penpusher.

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

Does the shuttle bus run on the Friday?
Martin
To see my Photos go to

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Shuttle bus from Farnborough station's run all week

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

Thanks Brian I am booking now.
Martin
To see my Photos go to

Leebee0

Post by Leebee0 »

Hi all

I have also booked my tickets for the Friday :smile: I last attended the show in 2008 and that year I went on the Friday. The only reason I decided to go on the Friday that year was to see the Vulcan and after seeing her at waddo that year decided I wanted more so I headed to Farnborough on the Friday.

I found it really easy to park get in walk around get a great spot on the flight line and easy to get out and the display was pretty good too that year.

Hope to see some of you there

Cheers

Lee.