Shuttle Bus from North Camp

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
sonoglenn

Shuttle Bus from North Camp

Post by sonoglenn »

Hi,

I am a returning visitor to Farnborough after about a 10 year absence. The difference this year is that I am returning with an 8 year old and I am wondering whether it may be easier for me to catch the train than drive. I can get to North Camp station very easily, but I am wondering how good the 'shuttle bus' service actually is, especially when you are trying to leave the show. Could anyone please advise me on their experience in using this service from North Camp?

Many thanks......

shorsley

Re: Shuttle Bus from North Camp

Post by shorsley »

Never done the North Camp shuttle bus, but if it's anything like the Farnborough Main bus, it'll be very efficient.

The buses at the main station generally roll up when people depart the train, fill up, and depart. Same when leaving the show. Having seen the queues when getting the bus back to the main station there doesn't seem to be much difference, except the bus back to North Camp is a little (but not a lot) quieter. You will have to wait and queue a bit, but that's just due to the sheer volume of people Farnborough attracts.

There's now a dedicated bus park and hardstanding just outside the showground, and it's just a case of standing in the right queue. All destinations have about 3 stands and they're all well labelled.

Hope that helps.
"I have a good pilot and a safe pilot."

Flickr

sonoglenn

Re: Shuttle Bus from North Camp

Post by sonoglenn »

Yes that does help.... thanks for taking the time to reply.