FIA 2016 Participants

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Rampvan on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 7:26 pm

wv383 wrote:One thing that I noticed today is how much westwards the display centre has moved. For those who have been before, imagine you are standing roughly in the centre of the crowdline with the control tower straight in front of you, that is pretty much where the display centre was. However, now it is much further to the left towards Laffans Plain pretty much where the trees that partially hide the hangars end. So, anyone who now stands at the old centre or anywhere further towards the exhibition hall end will spend the whole display looking left and towards the end of the afternoon, straight into the sun! The crowdline barrier has also been moved back 50m. To give you an idea of hoe much that is, where Food Court 1 (ahem! their term not mine!) is located to the eastern end of the crowdline, there used to be a walkway behind it with static aircraft and space for the crowd to sit and watch. Not any more as, according to the show plan, the Food Court backs directly onto the barriers! Anyone who has been on public days before will know how much of a crush it can be on the crowdline. Now take 50m depth off the entire length of the crowdline! It's going to be a tight squeeze!! You can see what I mean from the site plan. The food area is just to the left of the old cross runway near the round red blob marked SAAB.

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/oea_29.06.2016_2.pdf

From where were you viewing to work
Out crowd centre had moved ?
Rampvan

Postby patrouille2001 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 8:08 pm

Found this on Facebook to give you a idea: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
patrouille2001

Postby wv383 on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm

Rampvan wrote:
wv383 wrote:One thing that I noticed today is how much westwards the display centre has moved. For those who have been before, imagine you are standing roughly in the centre of the crowdline with the control tower straight in front of you, that is pretty much where the display centre was. However, now it is much further to the left towards Laffans Plain pretty much where the trees that partially hide the hangars end. So, anyone who now stands at the old centre or anywhere further towards the exhibition hall end will spend the whole display looking left and towards the end of the afternoon, straight into the sun! The crowdline barrier has also been moved back 50m. To give you an idea of hoe much that is, where Food Court 1 (ahem! their term not mine!) is located to the eastern end of the crowdline, there used to be a walkway behind it with static aircraft and space for the crowd to sit and watch. Not any more as, according to the show plan, the Food Court backs directly onto the barriers! Anyone who has been on public days before will know how much of a crush it can be on the crowdline. Now take 50m depth off the entire length of the crowdline! It's going to be a tight squeeze!! You can see what I mean from the site plan. The food area is just to the left of the old cross runway near the round red blob marked SAAB.

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/oea_29.06.2016_2.pdf

From where were you viewing to work
Out crowd centre had moved ?

Pegasus enclosure which is just past where the helicopter pleasure flights will be towards Eelmoor. F/A18 bottom of loops were from right in front of us to just to our right. Also the pyramid markers are in placed close to the taxiway to the TAG hangars whereas before they were further east in front of the trees near the tower.
wv383

Postby Aviation94 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:39 am

Am I right in saying that the centre line is where the kitchen compound, suites & deck chairs are or is it further west than that?
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
Aviation94

Postby Aviation94 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 11:38 am

I've just noticed a few tweets about a gripen validating. I can't seem to see it anywhere on the website. Is it displaying on trade or weekend or both?
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
Aviation94

Postby wv383 on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

Aviation94 wrote:Am I right in saying that the centre line is where the kitchen compound, suites & deck chairs are or is it further west than that?

Pretty much exactly where you say. That is the Flightline Hospitality area.
wv383

Postby FarnboroJohn on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

Lockheed Electra Junior validated this afternoon, three passes with pauses to turn round that would have done for toilet breaks. Hope Legends is going to get a bit more, as the display made the Connie look like the Bearcat.

John
FarnboroJohn

Postby CalumG on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 6:28 pm

From the FIA Facebook Page.

Some new additions to the weekend flying display; Antonov AN178 (SAT Only) and Starduster (SAT & SUN).
CalumG

Postby paullangford on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:08 am

Mondays Schedule

1030 Red Arrows & F-35 flypast
1300 Ornithopter
1308 AR4
1315 Spotter
1322 Prospero
1330 AIRBUS A380
1337 AIRBUS A350
........ AIRBUS A380 lands
1344 AIRBUS A400M
........ AIRBUS A350 lands
........ AIRBUS A400M lands
1352 F/A-18
1402 DART 450
1412 Typhoon
1422 M346
1429 JAS 39 Gripen
1440 Black Cats
1455 Do 328
1505 An 178
1513 787
1522 727
1533 737
1542 P-8
1555 F-35

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/ ... ulemon.pdf
paullangford

Postby timuss on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:02 pm

All flying cancelled for the day.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby st24 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

Incredible pictures of flooding and virtual waterfalls in the showground on twitter... :shock:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Markie on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:00 pm

Thanks for the list Paul, was looking on the website earlier, always seems to be hidden each year.

Rain was incredible, a real torrent. Thought I'd pop up for 45mins whilst working from home. Parked in local supermarket, saw 3 planes and that was it. At first I thought it was a shower but chucked it down for 45mins
Markie

Postby Rampvan on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:54 pm

wv383 wrote:
Aviation94 wrote:Am I right in saying that the centre line is where the kitchen compound, suites & deck chairs are or is it further west than that?

Pretty much exactly where you say. That is the Flightline Hospitality area.

Havnt replied before today as wanted to have a look from
Inside, the grandstands ( free and open today, while the flying lasted!!) are next to and west of Xray taxiway, ( the 747 and 124 are parked on Xray) and are located the same place as last show, display centre is directly in front of the grandstands, the same place it was last show!
Last edited by Rampvan on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rampvan

Postby Offbreed on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm

st24 wrote:Incredible pictures of flooding and virtual waterfalls in the showground on twitter... :shock:

The Farnborough falls were most impressive :lol:
Offbreed

Postby paullangford on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:52 pm

Markie wrote:Thanks for the list Paul, was looking on the website earlier, always seems to be hidden each year.

Rain was incredible, a real torrent. Thought I'd pop up for 45mins whilst working from home. Parked in local supermarket, saw 3 planes and that was it. At first I thought it was a shower but chucked it down for 45mins

My pleasure...Thank you :smile:
paullangford

Postby effects on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 8:08 pm

Looks like we have a US based C130 inbd 5000ft over Tadley 2109L
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
effects

Postby wv383 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:28 pm

Markie wrote:Thanks for the list Paul, was looking on the website earlier, always seems to be hidden each year.

This is the link to the Flying Display page of the Trade Show website. On here you will see each day highlighted in yellow. Each day is added the evening before. Click on the day for the pdf of the display map with timings and static list:

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/Content/Aircraft
wv383

Postby Markie on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

Yep, found it now. Thanks
Markie

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

Super Hornet's "low level knifedge pass" got at least two of the words right...
Dan O'Hagan

Postby 2E0TVR on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:09 pm

Hi, is the F-35 and Hercules flypast on every day this week? Thank you.
2E0TVR

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:37 pm

A typical UK military commentary (RN this time) sucking the life out of the Dave display today.

Does no-one in our military even think about the commentary being a key ingredient of the presentation? They always have the same voice, and the same lack of enthusiasm, reading from a script.

Say what you like about the American commentaries, but they certainly can't be faulted for enthusiasm.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby lynothehammer on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:A typical UK military commentary (RN this time) sucking the life out of the Dave display today.

Does no-one in our military even think about the commentary being a key ingredient of the presentation? They always have the same voice, and the same lack of enthusiasm, reading from a script.

Say what you like about the American commentaries, but they certainly can't be faulted for enthusiasm.

Lots of mistakes today from the commentary team throughout the afternoon, but in all fairness i thought the actual air display was pretty decent with a nice different blend of aircraft compared to RIAT.

I had very low expectations going in this morning but i've come away very happy this afternoon.
lynothehammer

Postby wv383 on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

2E0TVR wrote:Hi, is the F-35 and Hercules flypast on every day this week? Thank you.

No, it was today only.
wv383

Postby red_snow on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:41 pm

Hello chaps,

Those of you whom are well versed in Farnborough, could I have your thoughts please re: Friday?

I know that the display for "Fab Friday" is posted here: http://www.farnborough.com/public/Conte ... play/4_42/ ....... However my Q, do you think this will grow? £36 for a ticket seems a little steep to me?

Thank you
red_snow

Postby 2E0TVR on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

wv383 wrote:
2E0TVR wrote:Hi, is the F-35 and Hercules flypast on every day this week? Thank you.

No, it was today only.

OK. Thanks.
2E0TVR

PreviousNext

Return to Farnborough International Airshow