RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby st24 on Mon 14 May 2018, 8:48 pm

Tommy wrote:They showed this at the press launch on the powerpoint, and I was hoping some form of it would become available publicly.

An interesting 3D map showing where the differently themed static display areas will be and what will be in them (broadly), to say nothing of car parking areas (which seem pretty standard fare, I think?).

3 Dornier 17s in the WW2 section!! Wow! Nothing in the blast pens? I'd say that's gonna be nigh on impossible to shoot.. :sad:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Tommy on Mon 14 May 2018, 9:09 pm

I think take the actual locations of the aircraft with a pinch of salt. For instance, no Pakistan Herk shown. More a vague idea of what sort of aircraft will be where, etc.

I'd hope that the blast pens, and the area with the nice tree background is used again.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby PeterR on Tue 15 May 2018, 5:45 am

That's the danger with infographics, they can be misinterpreted..! The CGI gives a general feel for the layout but it's not exact when it comes to positioning, types and indeed relative size. And the "Blast Pens" will be used but just not as part of the RAF100 line-up. I was planning to put XX119 & another jet in there for nice clean images of the two specially painted aircraft, but that's still in wet ink (version 168 of the parking plan).
PeterR

Postby Paul_Reflex on Tue 15 May 2018, 6:44 am

PeterR wrote:That's the danger with infographics, they can be misinterpreted..! The CGI gives a general feel for the layout but it's not exact when it comes to positioning, types and indeed relative size. And the "Blast Pens" will be used but just not as part of the RAF100 line-up. I was planning to put XX119 & another jet in there for nice clean images of the two specially painted aircraft, but that's still in wet ink (version 168 of the parking plan).

XX119 in the blast pen would be most welcome! :up:
Paul_Reflex

Postby Albion143 on Tue 15 May 2018, 8:30 am

PeterR wrote:That's the danger with infographics, they can be misinterpreted..! The CGI gives a general feel for the layout but it's not exact when it comes to positioning, types and indeed relative size. And the "Blast Pens" will be used but just not as part of the RAF100 line-up. I was planning to put XX119 & another jet in there for nice clean images of the two specially painted aircraft, but that's still in wet ink (version 168 of the parking plan).

Black Mike in the blast pen please? :rock:
Albion143

Postby Mooshie1956 on Tue 15 May 2018, 10:23 am

A400M confirmed flying.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Shyft87 on Tue 15 May 2018, 10:29 am

Mooshie1956 wrote:A400M confirmed flying.

fly-past...

While grateful, I wish we could get a few more displays confirmed, as opposed to just flying through.
Last edited by Shyft87 on Tue 15 May 2018, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shyft87

Postby Luke28 on Tue 15 May 2018, 10:58 am

The updates over the months have been quite clear wether the item will be doing a display or a fly past.

Nice addition :up:
Luke28

Postby JJC on Tue 15 May 2018, 5:04 pm

Belgian F-16 has Cosford on its schedule :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/BelgianAirForc ... 4981620047
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
JJC

Postby Luke28 on Tue 15 May 2018, 5:34 pm

Luke28 wrote:
I had a nap dream yesterday that the Belgian F-16 got added to the flying display, it doesn't get more legitimate than that :lol:

I need to start taking more naps! :yahoo:
Luke28

Postby G for George on Tue 15 May 2018, 5:54 pm

Luke28 wrote:
Luke28 wrote:
I had a nap dream yesterday that the Belgian F-16 got added to the flying display, it doesn't get more legitimate than that :lol:

I need to start taking more naps! :yahoo:

Just make sure you dream of nice weather in your next nap! :smile:
G for George

Postby Tommy on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:21 am

Firstly, new static participant - nice to see this P-40 get some attention away from Duxford.

A static Grob Prefect has been announced, in addition to the one in the air.

Secondly, new flying display announcement due soon, and it looks like something is happening on the Saturday:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby borismorris on Wed 16 May 2018, 10:08 am

With all the additional static stuff this year
(63 counted so far I think)
are we looking at arrivals from Thursday this year?
borismorris

Postby PirateTrickster on Wed 16 May 2018, 11:27 am

9th June - some elements of the Queens flypast coming over Cosford?
PirateTrickster

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Wed 16 May 2018, 3:08 pm

Wonder if this is the "Spotters day thing" After all... The Belgian F16 says 9-10th June :drool: :love:
Canon 750D & Canon 75-300

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Wed 16 May 2018, 6:35 pm

A Fairchild Argus has been added to the static display as well !
Lucasjmet15

Postby jasonT1981 on Wed 16 May 2018, 7:24 pm

Did anyone else from Cosford club take up the Kodak photo walk offer yesterday?
jasonT1981

Postby mindy_monster on Thu 17 May 2018, 6:59 am

jasonT1981 wrote:Did anyone else from Cosford club take up the Kodak photo walk offer yesterday?

Yep, I did. I've always admired Andy Rouse for his wildlife photography, so will be great to spend some time with him.

Still to break the news to my airshow companion that she'll have to entertain herself for the best part of an hour.
mindy_monster

Postby clearstone on Thu 17 May 2018, 3:12 pm

https://threshold.aero/event/raf100-photocall

Threshold.aero is pleased to assist the RAF Cosford Air Show Office with their RAF100 photocall. The Air Show Office have made the following information available to us:

RAF Cosford will be opening their doors on Saturday 9th June to provide an exclusive opportunity to capture images of their RAF100 static exhibition ahead of the RAF Cosford Air Show 2018.

The RAF100 photocall will be held from 5.30am until 8.00am on Saturday 9th June aiming to give photographers the opportunity to use the soft morning light to capture clutter-free images of the RAF100 static exhibition before the Air Show traders arrive.

Photographers will be given access to the historic airframes assembled for the RAF100 spread across the airfield. However, visitors are warned of the following:

- Some fragile vintage aircraft will be located in temporary structures on Saturday morning. They will still be photographable albeit not fully out in the sunshine. A very small number will be hangared and not accessible for the photocall.

- Some warbirds will likely have canopy covers applied. The Air Show organisers endeavour to have these removed on the Saturday morning for photographs but this is at the discretion of each aircraft owner.

- The Air Show organisers plan to have as many cones/barriers removed from the static display areas as practical but cannot guarantee the display areas will be free of obstructions.

- The apron featuring international military aircraft, and the large transport aircraft, will not be accessible during the Saturday Photocall. There is also to be no access to the flying display aircraft.

Before purchasing a ticket, please note that:

- You MUST have an admission ticket for the Air Show on Sunday 10th June to be able to book onto this Saturday photocall. You must bring both the Sunday ticket with you on Saturday morning for checking.

- You MUST bring an official form of Photo ID (Passport or Drivers Licence) which will be held by RAF Cosford during the photocall and returned when you exit the airfield.

- High visibility jackets MUST be worn at all times during the photocall.

A list of aircraft due to be present for static display can be found on the RAF Cosford Air Show website

Ticket information

Tickets cost £25.00 per person and will be made available for purchase through our ticketlight store at 18:00 on Saturday 19th May.

Tickets are only available for purchase by air show ticket-holders. By purchasing a ticket for the photocall, you are confirming that you are in possession of an airshow ticket.

In order to be permitted entrance to the photocall, you will be required to produce your tickets for both the photocall and the air show. Should you turn up without a ticket for the air show, you will not be permitted entry to the event, nor qualify for your photocall ticket to be refunded.
Last edited by clearstone on Thu 17 May 2018, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clearstone

Postby Ian G on Thu 17 May 2018, 3:12 pm

Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby Tommy on Thu 17 May 2018, 3:26 pm

Very appreciative of it being very early hours, and it's wonderful and to be celebrated that Cosford are doing a photocall of sorts, after years of requests, and Threshold. Aero have quickly proven themselves as very decent in this field, but £25 for two and a half hours, on top of a Cosford ticket that (assuming you got it at early bird price, and not now) is another £25 is quite steep, IMO.

Though, thinking about it, knowing the market, I'm quite sure that there will be a great many that take up the offer.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby capercaillie on Thu 17 May 2018, 3:29 pm

Jeez, that will be a bun fight as the sun gets barely high enough over the hangars and trees by 8am :shock:

Great that any help can be provided, but all done by 8am? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Thu 17 May 2018, 4:40 pm

I'm grateful that something's been arranged, with a little bit of bafflement at the format. Proof of the pudding's in the eating, so I'll give it a go, but whoever thought of putting tickets on sale at 6 o'clock on a spring Saturday night? that is stark raving bonkers. We have lives to lead. And half the enthusiast community who are at shows this weekend, especially those in Poznan, are going to be lucky to get a ticket aren't they?
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby Paul_Reflex on Thu 17 May 2018, 9:09 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:I'm grateful that something's been arranged, with a little bit of bafflement at the format. Proof of the pudding's in the eating, so I'll give it a go, but whoever thought of putting tickets on sale at 6 o'clock on a spring Saturday night? that is stark raving bonkers. We have lives to lead. And half the enthusiast community who are at shows this weekend, especially those in Poznan, are going to be lucky to get a ticket aren't they?

Get in! I knew that not having a life would pay off for me one day. :grin:
Paul_Reflex

Postby Berf on Fri 18 May 2018, 4:27 am

capercaillie wrote:Jeez, that will be a bun fight as the sun gets barely high enough over the hangars and trees by 8am :shock:

Great that any help can be provided, but all done by 8am? :dunno:

Is that quite right? I don't know Cosford but if the aircraft are placed in anything like the positions in the animation above the hangars will not be between the aircraft and the sun.. well for most of them... also sunrise is around 04.47 BST according to various websites.
Berf

PreviousNext

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show