Dare I ask this....

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Dare I ask this....

Post by Ian G »

I won't be able to visit the whole airshow due to work commitments, however I am hoping to pop over in the afternoon at some point. I also have a deaf dalmatian to look after on that day.

1) Should I make it early enough, would I be turned away if I arrived with said dog? And before you say anything, no, I wouldn't leave it in the car because I'm a responsible owner
2) Albrighton Cricket Club, where I would go to watch, won't let me in with a dog - is there anywhere else I can go with a dog?
3) Where are the best places to watch from outside if I don't make it there until the afternoon?
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Sea King

Re: Dare I ask this....

Post by Sea King »

Ian G wrote:I won't be able to visit the whole airshow due to work commitments, however I am hoping to pop over in the afternoon at some point. I also have a deaf dalmatian to look after on that day.

1)Should I make it early enough, would I be turned away if I arrived with said dog?

Assistance dogs are always welcome. However, the Air Show site is usually very crowded, noisy and often very hot. These conditions are uncomfortable and potentially frightening for most animals, so please do not bring pets to the Air Show.

2)Albrighton Cricket Club, where I would go to watch, won't let me in with a dog - is there anywhere else I can go with a dog?

Not that I know of. You could try one of the local garden centres nearby, which offers restricted viewing - however, you will be able to witness most aircraft fly. Whether you'd be able to get to the garden centre on the day of the show is also questionable, as many of the roads around Cosford are extremely busy.

3)Where are the best places to watch from outside if I don't make it there until the afternoon?

I've attached a link for you, so you can have a look for yourself - be warned, many of these roads will be busy - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&xhr=t&q=david+austin+roses+albrighton&cp=20&pq=david+austin+roses&nord=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Yeah I read that on the website, always wondered though why they say don't bring pets to an airshow yet you hear announcements on tannoys regarding dogs left in cars etc. Tbh I can't be arsed with it so I'm going to go on the edge of Cannock Chase where the hold area is instead!
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Due to the traffic congestion I was wondering if there are any genuine good places to park where do you see the jets flying in ?

Just so i could pop there for a couple of hours.

pm me if you dont want to spill the beans on here !

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Albrighton bowling club is another option.I think this is where the cars are normally parked in a field over the far side of the airfield.They do however charge to enter the field but I don't know how much as I normally go in the show as it's my local airshow.This year I am on holiday so will miss this years show :sad:

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Has anyone ever been and watched the show from Albrighton cricket club or the bowling club before?If so which is the best viewing point out of the two?I myself will be in the show but a mate of mine has asked me to ask the question on here.I told him to go in the show but he says he can't afford it and it's a nightmare to get off the airfield.Thanks in advance for any info.