Traveling in 2015

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
spellow3010

Re: Traveling in 2015

Post by spellow3010 »

To update you - the proposed railway industrial action (RMT members) has been postponed for now pending Network Rail and RMT Executive reaching final agreement. That should mean that for now at least, the Cosford Airshow should be okay.

With notice that the action is 'suspended' (ne postponed) - RMT would need to give 7 days notice of any revised action date. The event is not totally out of the woods as far as any revised action date is concerned, but it's a start.

Don't panic yet... :snack:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Ashthorpe87

Post by Ashthorpe87 »

Hi. Travelling from Stoke I normally go along the a519 through Eccleshall when I take the kids to the museum. Would you say it's better to do m6 then m54 for the airshow? Excited.com

not_the_dj

Post by not_the_dj »

Ashthorpe87 wrote:Hi. Travelling from Stoke I normally go along the a519 through Eccleshall when I take the kids to the museum. Would you say it's better to do m6 then m54 for the airshow? Excited.com

The M6/M54 will be the main route in for most people coming from further afield...so if you can avoid that route I would.

Ashthorpe87

Post by Ashthorpe87 »

A519 it is then :-)

Arthur Tee

Post by Arthur Tee »

Might be interesting for those approaching from the west - the M54 was down to one lane between Telford and Cosford this afternoon...

Arthur
Canon PowerShot SX40HS - It's not what you've got - it's what you do with it!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Arthur Tee wrote:Might be interesting for those approaching from the west - the M54 was down to one lane between Telford and Cosford this afternoon...

Arthur

Has been for some time. The single lane finishes just before the junction meaning it'll be single file traffic on the M54 from the west... :hide:

Timc

Post by Timc »

Did wonder that myself Arthur Tee? I know they've being putting down a concrete central reservation for what seems like an eternity but the single lane is a new one on me!

Travelling from the west the speed limit in the area is 50 mph but going in the other direction is only 40 mph!

Have heard a rumour that they'd run out of 50 mph signs! Now that's something I can believe! :smile: