Fast Jets

Fast Jets

Postby craig.mason on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm

As there is no more waddingtin i am looking for a new airshow venue can i ask do fast jets like the eurofighter operate from cosford taking off and landing at the airshow
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM
craig.mason

Re: Fast Jets

Postby speedbird2639 on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm

Only things like WW2 'warbirds' actually operate from the runway on airshow day. The runway is too short for anything else to use - they generally fly in from Shawbury.
speedbird2639

Postby Tommy on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 7:32 pm

craig.mason wrote:can i ask do fast jets like the eurofighter operate from cosford taking off and landing at the airshow

Nope! If you're looking for a Waddo alternative, and want fast jets taking off/landing, Fairford is probably your best alternative. Unless you fancy spotting at RAF Shawbury for all of the fast jets operating from there?
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby rob68 on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 8:33 pm

Or Yeovilton?
rob68

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 9:53 pm

Yep, Fairford or the Navy shows. Otherwise get thee to Coningsby!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby WG655 on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:04 am

I suppose Farnborough could be an alternative next year? That said, the programme gets released fairly late I seem to recall, and its got an entirely different feel to Waddington/Fairford.
WG655
UKAR Staff

Postby Russ on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

WG655 wrote:I suppose Farnborough could be an alternative next year?

The problem there is that it does mean going to Farnborough. :surrender: :wat:

Craig, I'm really not sure why you're so reluctant to go to RIAT, particularly if it's your only airshow per year.
Russ

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show