Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby TYPHOON3 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:43 pm

kevinc wrote:I cant see as posted earlier that if a accident did occur how can the cricket club be responsible.
They are having there open day !!there is no mention on there posters that its for the air show .And god forbid a plain did come down and there were casualtys is it not the airshows fault for having the show the same day as there open day ...How inconsiderate for the air show to pick the same day as cricket club to hold there airshow !!!!

The Cricket Club deliberately held their open day the same day as the airshow because they knew they would get more people through the gates.They are not stupid,they knew most people didn't give a damn about the club and that they just wanted somewhere to watch the show from, far cheaper and a better view of the flying display.Also it didn't take two hours to get out at the end.
TYPHOON3

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby reheat module on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:51 pm

I used to sit with my family on the HES roof, with a picnic on the grass on the HES in the bottom LH corner!
Canon systems
reheat module

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby alpha586 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:46 pm

capercaillie wrote:
alpha586 wrote:I for one am glad that the cricket club is closing. I believe that the local economy should benefit form the show but not in a way that takes potential customers away form the show. The cricket club along with places like Totterdown and rhymes are all shamefully taking customers away form the shows concerned. I would be interested to know if any of these donates any of their profits to the shows. I don't suppose the cricket club would appreciate somebody setting up a grandstand in the next field and charging punters a little bit less to watch the cricket.
This is even before we get to the safety aspects. Even if the display line is well clear of the club the holding area and turning area may well be very close to the club. The aftermath of Shoreham will run and run, and every effort will be made to make our airshows as safe as possible (not that they weren't before). If this means closing the cricket club so be it!


Cosford sold out last year, do you expect everyone who didn't get in to close their eyes and not look? :ninja: :dunno:

RIAT is now sold out every year, nothing to see here, only rare fast jets displaying, Vulcan with the Red Arrows, move along, nothing to see....... :roll:


In a word yes! If an event is all ticket and you fail to get a ticket you don't go is really is that simple. If a football game is sold out would you get people trying to find places to freeload? It's not that people tried to get tickets or contribute to the show in any way, people plan to go to the cricket club from the start so selling out of tickets isn't the issue. If this has been done for safety then I for one am all for it!
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby capercaillie on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 5:18 pm

So now you are comparing trying to watch a football match from outside to watching an airshow where the aircraft are visible in the sky? As previously mentioned are you going to ask those in the vicinity to close their eyes and not look if they have not bought a ticket? Are the 100,000 who live around Farnborough freeloaders as they don't have tickets?

You stated quite clearly the freeloaders are taking money from the event by not going in, as I mentioned not going in to shows that had completely sold out, how are they taking money away from that event?

And for the record I have a Mach 3 RIAT ticket and with Cosford's current line up, looking into the sun all day isn't going to make me buy a ticket this year. :dunno:

If its done for safety at that distance, airshows should never take place in this country again. :dizzy:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby alpha586 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 6:04 pm

capercaillie wrote:So now you are comparing trying to watch a football match from outside to watching an airshow where the aircraft are visible in the sky? As previously mentioned are you going to ask those in the vicinity to close their eyes and not look if they have not bought a ticket? Are the 100,000 who live around Farnborough freeloaders as they don't have tickets?

You stated quite clearly the freeloaders are taking money from the event by not going in, as I mentioned not going in to shows that had completely sold out, how are they taking money away from that event?

And for the record I have a Mach 3 RIAT ticket and with Cosford's current line up, looking into the sun all day isn't going to make me buy a ticket this year. :dunno:

If its done for safety at that distance, airshows should never take place in this country again. :dizzy:


I'm comparing it to a football match because it's the same principle! If an event is sold out and you don't have a ticket you don't go!! there is a difference between people living in the area and having a sit out in their own garden and watching you cannot stop that it's the people who purposefully decide not to buy a ticket but will pay somebody else to be able to watch from elsewhere. What do I need to say to get you to understand? :wall:
The cricket club may well be quite a distance from the display line but what about holding areas and turning areas? As with any accident it's not always guaranteed to happen along the display line you cannot predict where it will happen all you can do is to minimise the potential threat if that means closing the cricket club so be it if this is what it takes to ensure the future of airshows I'm 100 percent behind it!
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby capercaillie on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 6:29 pm

alpha586 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:So now you are comparing trying to watch a football match from outside to watching an airshow where the aircraft are visible in the sky? As previously mentioned are you going to ask those in the vicinity to close their eyes and not look if they have not bought a ticket? Are the 100,000 who live around Farnborough freeloaders as they don't have tickets?

You stated quite clearly the freeloaders are taking money from the event by not going in, as I mentioned not going in to shows that had completely sold out, how are they taking money away from that event?

And for the record I have a Mach 3 RIAT ticket and with Cosford's current line up, looking into the sun all day isn't going to make me buy a ticket this year. :dunno:

If its done for safety at that distance, airshows should never take place in this country again. :dizzy:


I'm comparing it to a football match because it's the same principle! If an event is sold out and you don't have a ticket you don't go!! there is a difference between people living in the area and having a sit out in their own garden and watching you cannot stop that it's the people who purposefully decide not to buy a ticket but will pay somebody else to be able to watch from elsewhere. What do I need to say to get you to understand? :wall:
The cricket club may well be quite a distance from the display line but what about holding areas and turning areas? As with any accident it's not always guaranteed to happen along the display line you cannot predict where it will happen all you can do is to minimise the potential threat if that means closing the cricket club so be it if this is what it takes to ensure the future of airshows I'm 100 percent behind it!


And you can prove that? All of those people did that. Some who watched from there, didn't watch from there because they could not get a ticket? Similarly with Fairford, I know someone who left it late last year to get a ticket, never got one as they sold out, so went to Rhymes because he wanted to go and see the show, not because he purposefully decided not to buy a ticket.

As for safety, utter drivel as well, when you have Albrighton more under the display line than the cricket club. And if it is safety what is the difference between someone living there watching from their garden or the so called freeloader?

We decide to save the freeloader by telling them to go away but the resident can perish in the flames?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Timc on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:00 pm

Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

Trying to compare "freeloading" a professional football match, V-Festival, the list goes on etc to an Airshow is just plain ridiculous!
Timc

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm

Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

No, but it was rather like the Duxford school scenario from what I understood of it - a safe place to leave your car without fear of being clamped/ticketed that allowed you to leave the grounds and wander around the local roads to get closer.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Flare Path on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

No, but it was rather like the Duxford school scenario from what I understood of it - a safe place to leave your car without fear of being clamped/ticketed that allowed you to leave the grounds and wander around the local roads to get closer.


This is absolutely not the scenario for the Cricket Club viewing area and never has been.
Flare Path

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Timc on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:26 pm

Take your point LN but the cricket pitch tends to fill up with motorhomes, caravans and bumper to bumper car families who don't tend to stray outside the location, there's not many decent vantage points in that area apart from David Austin Roses and maybe the Football/Bowling Club which are more closer to the display line than the Cricket Club but that's pushing the argument somewhat! :smile:

Edit: Plus the Cricket Club has a licensed bar which might be another attraction?!
Timc

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:30 pm

Flare Path wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

No, but it was rather like the Duxford school scenario from what I understood of it - a safe place to leave your car without fear of being clamped/ticketed that allowed you to leave the grounds and wander around the local roads to get closer.


This is absolutely not the scenario for the Cricket Club viewing area and never has been.


Drivel.

Must you always take a contrary position on everything, purely to troll?

Park at the cricket club, walk down the lane to the field. That's exactly as it was for years.
Dan O'Hagan

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:38 pm

As I say, I've never been, but when I was considering attending outside a few years ago for Vulcan topsides, I was advised from those that have used it in the past that parking at the cricket club and walking down the lanes to be nearer the airfield was the done thing. The view from Duxford school wouldn't be worth bothering with if you were stuck there, but when you can leave the car parked up safely and walk closer it becomes a very good option.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Flare Path on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:46 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
Flare Path wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

No, but it was rather like the Duxford school scenario from what I understood of it - a safe place to leave your car without fear of being clamped/ticketed that allowed you to leave the grounds and wander around the local roads to get closer.


This is absolutely not the scenario for the Cricket Club viewing area and never has been.


Park at the cricket club, walk down the lane to the field. That's exactly as it was for years.


You know very well it wasn't a case of that, mainly because you'd be limited elsewhere - as Tim mentioned, there's not much of a viewing area outside the Cricket Club. The notion of people turning up and 'wandering the lanes' is absolute rubbish. The near A464 is always heavily policed and has operated a no viewing area along that busy stretch of road for many years - with resources spread to nearby lanes. There's no chance of 'wandering the lanes' for a closer viewer, because you'll be moved on or won't see anything anyway.

We've spotted you at the cricket club a few times, Dan - didn't see you wandering off?
Flare Path

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Slappywag on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:37 pm

Flare Path wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:
Flare Path wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

No, but it was rather like the Duxford school scenario from what I understood of it - a safe place to leave your car without fear of being clamped/ticketed that allowed you to leave the grounds and wander around the local roads to get closer.


This is absolutely not the scenario for the Cricket Club viewing area and never has been.


Park at the cricket club, walk down the lane to the field. That's exactly as it was for years.


You know very well it wasn't a case of that, mainly because you'd be limited elsewhere - as Tim mentioned, there's not much of a viewing area outside the Cricket Club. The notion of people turning up and 'wandering the lanes' is absolute rubbish. The near A464 is always heavily policed and has operated a no viewing area along that busy stretch of road for many years - with resources spread to nearby lanes. There's no chance of 'wandering the lanes' for a closer viewer, because you'll be moved on or won't see anything anyway.

We've spotted you at the cricket club a few times, Dan - didn't see you wandering off?

Funny that. The hundreds, including myself, who did just that must be fiction. :clown:
Slappywag

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby alpha586 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm

capercaillie wrote:
alpha586 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:So now you are comparing trying to watch a football match from outside to watching an airshow where the aircraft are visible in the sky? As previously mentioned are you going to ask those in the vicinity to close their eyes and not look if they have not bought a ticket? Are the 100,000 who live around Farnborough freeloaders as they don't have tickets?

You stated quite clearly the freeloaders are taking money from the event by not going in, as I mentioned not going in to shows that had completely sold out, how are they taking money away from that event?

And for the record I have a Mach 3 RIAT ticket and with Cosford's current line up, looking into the sun all day isn't going to make me buy a ticket this year. :dunno:

If its done for safety at that distance, airshows should never take place in this country again. :dizzy:


I'm comparing it to a football match because it's the same principle! If an event is sold out and you don't have a ticket you don't go!! there is a difference between people living in the area and having a sit out in their own garden and watching you cannot stop that it's the people who purposefully decide not to buy a ticket but will pay somebody else to be able to watch from elsewhere. What do I need to say to get you to understand? :wall:
The cricket club may well be quite a distance from the display line but what about holding areas and turning areas? As with any accident it's not always guaranteed to happen along the display line you cannot predict where it will happen all you can do is to minimise the potential threat if that means closing the cricket club so be it if this is what it takes to ensure the future of airshows I'm 100 percent behind it!


And you can prove that? All of those people did that. Some who watched from there, didn't watch from there because they could not get a ticket? Similarly with Fairford, I know someone who left it late last year to get a ticket, never got one as they sold out, so went to Rhymes because he wanted to go and see the show, not because he purposefully decided not to buy a ticket.

As for safety, utter drivel as well, when you have Albrighton more under the display line than the cricket club. And if it is safety what is the difference between someone living there watching from their garden or the so called freeloader?

We decide to save the freeloader by telling them to go away but the resident can perish in the flames?


Judging by the above comments I can only assume that people do decide to go to the cricket club in order to watch the show with never having had intentions of purchasing a show ticket, to get topsides of the vulcan for example!! Whether or not they decide to remain inside the confines of the cricket club is another matter. If as posted above people decide to wonder the lanes in order to get a better vantage point closer to the airfield then I can safely assume they would be putting themselves under the flight path of displaying aircraft. The very thing the organisers are trying to prevent.
If you had read Peter R's comments regarding the display flying and the safety aspect you would know that Albrighton is and always has been a no fly zone so your comments about letting residents burn is your typical nonsense!
Last edited by alpha586 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby alpha586 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm

Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

Trying to compare "freeloading" a professional football match, V-Festival, the list goes on etc to an Airshow is just plain ridiculous!



Why? Its the same principle. If you had spent millions of pounds to put on a show to attract customers and make money for a charity regardless of the content of the show be it planes, trains, footballers or Hungarian folk dancers you would not want people to try and freeload!! Just because the very nature of air displays dictate that it can be seen from a wide area does not make it ok to freeload. Why do you think they call them the naughty fields!
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:26 pm

Flare Path wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:
Flare Path wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Timc wrote:Being local, the Cricket club is actually not a great viewing location, aircraft certainly don't "hold" there and equally not within range of the turning circle of most aircraft as they circumvent Albrighton by flying around it rather than through it based on past experience.

No, but it was rather like the Duxford school scenario from what I understood of it - a safe place to leave your car without fear of being clamped/ticketed that allowed you to leave the grounds and wander around the local roads to get closer.


This is absolutely not the scenario for the Cricket Club viewing area and never has been.


Park at the cricket club, walk down the lane to the field. That's exactly as it was for years.


You know very well it wasn't a case of that, mainly because you'd be limited elsewhere - as Tim mentioned, there's not much of a viewing area outside the Cricket Club. The notion of people turning up and 'wandering the lanes' is absolute rubbish. The near A464 is always heavily policed and has operated a no viewing area along that busy stretch of road for many years - with resources spread to nearby lanes. There's no chance of 'wandering the lanes' for a closer viewer, because you'll be moved on or won't see anything anyway.

We've spotted you at the cricket club a few times, Dan - didn't see you wandering off?


Be interested to know when you did spot me.

I've used the cricket club for parking once. The last time I went to Cosford. Which I think was 2008...

Troll. End of.
Dan O'Hagan

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby st24 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:11 pm

Flare Path wrote:You know very well it wasn't a case of that, mainly because you'd be limited elsewhere - as Tim mentioned, there's not much of a viewing area outside the Cricket Club. The notion of people turning up and 'wandering the lanes' is absolute rubbish. The near A464 is always heavily policed and has operated a no viewing area along that busy stretch of road for many years - with resources spread to nearby lanes. There's no chance of 'wandering the lanes' for a closer viewer, because you'll be moved on or won't see anything anyway.

??!! :dizzy: I've only done Cosford outside once and that was last year and have to say every, and I mean every road/lane/track/path/bridleway etc was absolutely rammed. The verges of the A464 were car parks with families set up for the afternoon and I got stuck with tens of others down a lane off the '464 until the Police finally sorted it out, having to reverse about a mile to get free- I then found a spot on the junction of Cross Road and then walked, again with lots and lots of others closer to the airfield. The Cricket club most certainly isn't the only viewing spot and "wandering the lanes" was essential just to find somewhere as every pay to view field was full...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Flare Path on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:22 pm

Be interested to know when you did spot me.

I've used the cricket club for parking once. The last time I went to Cosford. Which I think was 2008...

Troll. End of.


Troll? Interesting. The very definition is lost on a lot of people on this forum - clearly not understanding the correct usage. Very amusing. And I've 'used' the Cricket Club for over a decade, but not on airshow day. :heyhey:
Flare Path

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby capercaillie on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:52 pm

alpha586 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
alpha586 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:So now you are comparing trying to watch a football match from outside to watching an airshow where the aircraft are visible in the sky? As previously mentioned are you going to ask those in the vicinity to close their eyes and not look if they have not bought a ticket? Are the 100,000 who live around Farnborough freeloaders as they don't have tickets?

You stated quite clearly the freeloaders are taking money from the event by not going in, as I mentioned not going in to shows that had completely sold out, how are they taking money away from that event?

And for the record I have a Mach 3 RIAT ticket and with Cosford's current line up, looking into the sun all day isn't going to make me buy a ticket this year. :dunno:

If its done for safety at that distance, airshows should never take place in this country again. :dizzy:


I'm comparing it to a football match because it's the same principle! If an event is sold out and you don't have a ticket you don't go!! there is a difference between people living in the area and having a sit out in their own garden and watching you cannot stop that it's the people who purposefully decide not to buy a ticket but will pay somebody else to be able to watch from elsewhere. What do I need to say to get you to understand? :wall:
The cricket club may well be quite a distance from the display line but what about holding areas and turning areas? As with any accident it's not always guaranteed to happen along the display line you cannot predict where it will happen all you can do is to minimise the potential threat if that means closing the cricket club so be it if this is what it takes to ensure the future of airshows I'm 100 percent behind it!


And you can prove that? All of those people did that. Some who watched from there, didn't watch from there because they could not get a ticket? Similarly with Fairford, I know someone who left it late last year to get a ticket, never got one as they sold out, so went to Rhymes because he wanted to go and see the show, not because he purposefully decided not to buy a ticket.

As for safety, utter drivel as well, when you have Albrighton more under the display line than the cricket club. And if it is safety what is the difference between someone living there watching from their garden or the so called freeloader?

We decide to save the freeloader by telling them to go away but the resident can perish in the flames?


Judging by the above comments I can only assume that people do decide to go to the cricket club in order to watch the show with never having had intentions of purchasing a show ticket, to get topsides of the vulcan for example!! Whether or not they decide to remain inside the confines of the cricket club is another matter. If as posted above people decide to wonder the lanes in order to get a better vantage point closer to the airfield then I can safely assume they would be putting themselves under the flight path of displaying aircraft. The very thing the organisers are trying to prevent.
If you had read Peter R's comments regarding the display flying and the safety aspect you would know that Albrighton is and always has been a no fly zone so your comments about letting residents burn is your typical nonsense!


Yes your flying display organiser certainly knows his positioning regarding naughty fields. :wink:

Albrighton a no fly zone - I take it that's new for this year then, because last year I'm struggling to think of many display aircraft including some as large as a Boeing airliner (because it was once a Boeing airliner) that didn't fly over Albrighton. I was there because I couldn't get in, they'd sold out of tickets and I fancied watching the show, and they were turning over Albrighton

I take it from your comments above that you are now also satisfied the cricket club isn't under the display line. I notice you also didn't answer the question asked that everyone at the cricket club purposefully decided not to buy a ticket?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby alpha586 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:00 pm

You are just arguing every point I make for the hell of it! I have neither the desire or the patience to continue this conversation. I've made my points if you don't agree with any of them that's your problem not mine! I can enjoy my day at Cosford safe in the knowledge you won't be there. No doubt you will be sat in a field somewhere getting your fill for free.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:05 pm

Flare Path wrote:
Be interested to know when you did spot me.

I've used the cricket club for parking once. The last time I went to Cosford. Which I think was 2008...

Troll. End of.


Troll? Interesting. The very definition is lost on a lot of people on this forum - clearly not understanding the correct usage. Very amusing. And I've 'used' the Cricket Club for over a decade, but not on airshow day. :heyhey:


As expected you ignored my inquiry into your alleged sightings of me. Because you made them up.

I parked at the cricket club, well, a friend did, and walked down the lane the club is on to the field opposite. In 2008. There's been little at Cosford to warrant a return, when I've been in the country, since.
Dan O'Hagan

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby capercaillie on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:08 pm

alpha586 wrote:You are just arguing every point I make for the hell of it! I have neither the desire or the patience to continue this conversation. I've made my points if you don't agree with any of them that's your problem not mine! I can enjoy my day at Cosford safe in the knowledge you won't be there. No doubt you will be sat in a field somewhere getting your fill for free.


Which proves you haven't read a single thing I've posted properly at all. :snack:
Last edited by capercaillie on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby Wes_Howes on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 5:19 am

alpha586 wrote:Albrighton is and always has been a no fly zone so your comments about letting residents burn is your typical nonsense!


Tell that to me 27 years ago when, after moving to Albrighton (Talbot Road specifically) the week leading up to Cosford Air Show, my parents decided to take me for a walk in my pushchair to the end of the road to watch the show. As they were walking up the front path, XH558 pulled up over the house at full power. I still remember the feeling of fear to this day :grin: My dad had to drive me to St Georges in Telford to watch cricket, to get me to calm down!
User avatar
Wes_Howes

Re: Albrighton Cricket & Tennis Club - CLOSED 2016

Postby st24 on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 8:14 am

Wes_Howes wrote:My dad had to drive me to St Georges in Telford to watch cricket, to get me to calm down!

Why didn't you just go to Albrighton cricket cl.....aaahh, hang on..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

PreviousNext

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests