RAF Cosford Arrivals

RAF Cosford Arrivals

Postby Kieran19 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 1:11 pm

Might be a long shot, but does anybody have any ideas on what might be arriving at Cosford on the Friday? I'll be there on the train station waiting with anticipation as to what might turn up or even practice! :biggrin:
Kieran19

Re: RAF Cosford Arrivals

Postby JonG96 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

Typhoon is in Helsinki displaying on the Friday and Saturday so I assume that won't do a practice display unless he does it on the Thursday. The Tornado could do a practice display as many on here said a few years ago that the F16 did a practice display I believe. I don't think anybody really knows what will turn up but I think you just turn up and hope for the best. Although there are probably more people on this forum that have a greater knowledge than me of arrival days :wink: :cool:
JonG96

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

Airfield closed to aircraft on Thursday.
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby JonG96 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 4:52 pm

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:Airfield closed to aircraft on Thursday.

Well by the sounds of it even if he was to do a practice display, you probably wouldn't even be able to see it this time around anyway :wall: :wall:
JonG96

Postby Spotty_Jag on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:50 am

All four helicopters from Shawbury and due to arrive on Friday afternoon, times unknown currently. :up:
Spotty_Jag

Postby PeterR on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

As has been posted elsewhere; The airfield will be open 1100-1830L on both Friday & Saturday. Details/Timings of aircraft movements will not be published publicly.
PeterR

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:18 pm

PeterR wrote:As has been posted elsewhere; The airfield will be open 1100-1830L on both Friday & Saturday. Details/Timings of aircraft movements will not be published publicly.

Can we get any hints... :ninja:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 7:04 am

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:
PeterR wrote:As has been posted elsewhere; The airfield will be open 1100-1830L on both Friday & Saturday. Details/Timings of aircraft movements will not be published publicly.

Which part of Peter's reply do you find too hard to grasp?
Dan O'Hagan

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 1:18 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:

Which part of Peter's reply do you find too hard to grasp?

I meant something little like, If you live heavy's go Friday, if you like fast things go Saturday.
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby CJS on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 6:02 am

Yes, but Peter made it perfectly clear that details will not be published. They would be details, so they won't be published.

I don't know what you think he's doing this week, but I would imagine he's just a tiny bit too busy to be replying to messages he's already replied to.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Postby borismorris on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 6:40 am

As a general rule Cole, I would imagine Heavies need to be on the ground first and then smaller aircraft can be fitted in around them..

Would the older forumistas agree with this?
borismorris

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:18 am

borismorris wrote:As a general rule Cole, I would imagine Heavies need to be on the ground first and then smaller aircraft can be fitted in around them..

Would the older forumistas agree with this?

That makes sence :smile:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Pringles on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:28 am

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:That makes sence :smile:

That doesn't :wink:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic
Pringles

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:41 am

Pringles wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:That makes sence :smile:

That doesn't :wink:

:ninja: :wink:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby cg_341 on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:55 am

borismorris wrote:Would the older forumistas agree with this?

Nope! Peter's already said where the heavies will be parked, so work backwards from that and you'll realise why :)
cg_341

Postby Adamwilliams132 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 5:49 pm

Anyone picked anything up as to what's arriving when ?
Are the Italians using shawbury for the Tonka do we know ?
Adamwilliams132

Postby Kieran19 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm

Not too sure on what's arriving but looking at the forecast for Saturday, I'm hoping a lot turn up tomorrow!
Kieran19

Postby Flare Path on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm

Adamwilliams132 wrote:Anyone picked anything up as to what's arriving when ?

Don't shoot the messenger, but they may be arriving tomorrow afternoon - Tornado will be using Shawbury. Possible rehearsal Saturday...
Flare Path

Postby Kieran19 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 6:58 pm

I've also heard on twitter that the tornado and Spartan will be arriving at Shawbury tomorrow via Brize Norton :)
Kieran19

Postby Adamwilliams132 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 7:51 pm

Flare Path wrote:
Adamwilliams132 wrote:Anyone picked anything up as to what's arriving when ?

Don't shoot the messenger, but they may be arriving tomorrow afternoon - Tornado will be using Shawbury. Possible rehearsal Saturday...

Thanks I hope it does rehearsal on Saturday as I can't make tomorrow
Adamwilliams132

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 9:01 pm

Antonov AN2 due into Cosford at 18:00 tomorrow !
Lucasjmet15

Postby Tommy on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 9:09 pm

Some may have heard of a mad, often drunk, seldom insightful Welshman who will be on on the train platform tomorrow and Saturday. I am he.

Live arrivals will be covered on UKAR's Twitter page - https://twitter.com/UKAirshowReview

If anyone finds themselves on the train platform either today or tomorrow and would like to put a name to an ugly face, or want to know juicy gossip about the rest of the staff team ( :pinkwafer: :ninja: ), by all means, drop me a PM. :up:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 9:12 pm

Tommy wrote:Some may have heard of a mad, often drunk, seldom insightful Welshman who will be on on the train platform tomorrow and Saturday. I am he.

Live arrivals will be covered on UKAR's Twitter page - https://twitter.com/UKAirshowReview

If anyone finds themselves on the train platform either today or tomorrow and would like to put a name to an ugly face, or want to know juicy gossip about the rest of the staff team ( :pinkwafer: :ninja: ), by all means, drop me a PM. :up:

Would love to be there to watch the arrivals but It's a 2 and a half hour drive that I'm already doing on Sunday. If you are there then would you be able to post some photos of the arrivals. It would be much appreciated ! :smile:
Lucasjmet15

Postby Tommy on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 9:19 pm

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
Tommy wrote:Some may have heard of a mad, often drunk, seldom insightful Welshman who will be on on the train platform tomorrow and Saturday. I am he.

Would love to be there to watch the arrivals but It's a 2 and a half hour drive that I'm already doing on Sunday. If you are there then would you be able to post some photos of the arrivals. It would be much appreciated ! :smile:

Keep an eye on the UKAR Twitter feed tomorrow morning :biggrin:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm

Tommy wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Keep an eye on the UKAR Twitter feed tomorrow morning :biggrin:

Brilliant, will do. Thank you very much ! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Lucasjmet15

Next

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show