RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 10:22 pm

The website has been updated! :yahoo:

Confirming that the Cosford 2018 show will be held on Sunday 10th June.

Roll on participants... :yahoo: :love:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
User avatar
ColeTheDemolisher

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm

Really enjoyed this years show, can't wait for the participants for next year to start being announced ! :tongue: :yahoo:
Lucasjmet15

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Mooshie1956 on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 7:01 pm

I see Cosford have updated there FB page with some nice F35's. So are we to expect them at shows next year.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-300 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
User avatar
Mooshie1956

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby aviodromefriend on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:07 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:I see Cosford have updated there FB page with some nice F35's. So are we to expect them at shows next year.
The much travelled plastic replica? It is a Farnborough year, so the real flyable thing might hop over, but Cosford seems a bit early in the year.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Tommy on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:22 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
Mooshie1956 wrote:I see Cosford have updated there FB page with some nice F35's. So are we to expect them at shows next year.
The much travelled plastic replica? It is a Farnborough year, so the real flyable thing might hop over, but Cosford seems a bit early in the year.


Yeah, I agree, but maybe it could also depend on when deliveries to the UK take place, too? IIRC most press releases have simply stated that the UK's first F-35s will arrive here in "summer 2018", pending a more exact date which I haven't yet seen, a flypast or something could be within a shout.

It's 2nd October - I wouldn't read too much into artwork on a show's Facebook page, tbh.

(also, bleargh - give me a final hurrah of the Tornado display in RAF hands over a Dave any day of the week!)
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby boff180 on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:46 am

From various twitter sources including 617 and 207sqn official accounts plus the Engineering officer in charge of fixed wing procurement...

First 4 F-35’s arrive at Marham during June 2018 so an appearance at Cosford is possible, almost certain for another show a few weeks later...

If the Lightning Force HQ twitter account is still correct (stated 12/3/2016) the exact arrival date is 1st June 2018.

Also according to the Engineering officer in charge of fixed wing procurement who tweeted 4 days ago.... the 617sqn official stand up will occur week commencing 6th August 2018.

Andy
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

Not seen the f35 yet so that should be good if the cards turn out our way :drool:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
User avatar
ColeTheDemolisher

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby PeterR on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 1:04 pm

And the full version of the poster...

Image
PeterR

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Wes_Howes on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 1:57 pm

The most spectacular and interactive air show tribute to the Royal Air Force's centenary


No pressure then Peter
User avatar
Wes_Howes

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby jasonT1981 on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 6:48 pm

When do tickets usually go on sale? (I see something about £25 advance tickets but can't see where to book) What's the difference between advance tickets and normal tickets?

Also the website mentions you can combine airshow ticket with rail ticket, is that from Birmingham?
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby alpha586 on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:55 pm

jasonT1981 wrote:When do tickets usually go on sale? (I see something about £25 advance tickets but can't see where to book) What's the difference between advance tickets and normal tickets?

Also the website mentions you can combine airshow ticket with rail ticket, is that from Birmingham?


Tickets for the 2018 show are on sale via the Cosford Air Show website and through their ticket hotline. As for the combined rail and show tickets they tend to go on sale a lot closer to the show. You can purchase them form any manned station and you get a reduction in the cost of the admission ticket, approx £5.00. Hope this helps.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
User avatar
alpha586

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

The new website looks amazing !!! :clap: :clap:
Lucasjmet15

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Adamwilliams132 on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:00 am

Website looks better than previous years already !
It says that they aim to have 100 aircraft on static display to represent 100 years of the RAF. Does Cosford have the space for 100 aircraft ? Surely they can't all be prop trainers. If they get the right aircraft out of the museum this could be a spectacular static display that will never be repeated.
Adamwilliams132

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby jasonT1981 on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 6:03 pm

Thanks, can't find where to buy the tickets on the website though. When I click buy tickets it only gives me the phone number to ring.

Is it worth going for the Cosford Club? Or just stick with normal admission? Also, If I go with the Cosford Club, is the entrance included in the price, or do I have to buy normal entrance and then upgrade like the RIAT grandstand/enclosures?
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby RAF Cosford Air Show on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 8:15 am

jasonT1981 wrote:Thanks, can't find where to buy the tickets on the website though. When I click buy tickets it only gives me the phone number to ring.

Hi Jason, our online ticket sales will go live at some point over the coming weeks, so keep checking back on the website soon.

jasonT1981 wrote:Is it worth going for the Cosford Club? Or just stick with normal admission? Also, If I go with the Cosford Club, is the entrance included in the price, or do I have to buy normal entrance and then upgrade like the RIAT grandstand/enclosures?

When you purchase your Cosford Club ticket, admission to the show is included. Other benefits of the enclosure include a complimentary Souvenir Programme, and freshly made picnic-style produce available to purchase throughout the day.
User avatar
RAF Cosford Air Show

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby jasonT1981 on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:16 am

RAF Cosford Air Show wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Thanks, can't find where to buy the tickets on the website though. When I click buy tickets it only gives me the phone number to ring.

Hi Jason, our online ticket sales will go live at some point over the coming weeks, so keep checking back on the website soon.

jasonT1981 wrote:Is it worth going for the Cosford Club? Or just stick with normal admission? Also, If I go with the Cosford Club, is the entrance included in the price, or do I have to buy normal entrance and then upgrade like the RIAT grandstand/enclosures?

When you purchase your Cosford Club ticket, admission to the show is included. Other benefits of the enclosure include a complimentary Souvenir Programme, and freshly made picnic-style produce available to purchase throughout the day.


Brilliant, thank you :)
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
User avatar
ColeTheDemolisher

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Lucasjmet15 on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 4:46 pm

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:




First participant announcement or tickets on sale now ??
Lucasjmet15

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby jasonT1981 on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 8:13 pm

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:




First participant announcement or tickets on sale now ??


Both I think. What better way to put tickets on sale than with an aircraft announcement?
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Postby Mooshie1956 on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

How about some static announcements.
Harrier GR3
Jaguar GR1
Westland Wessex
Grob Tutor T1
Tornado GR4
Jaguar GR3

All off the Cosford site.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-300 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
User avatar
Mooshie1956


Return to RAF Cosford Air Show

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests