RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Switch to full style
Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Post a reply

RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 28 Sep 2017, 10:22 pm

The website has been updated! :yahoo:

Confirming that the Cosford 2018 show will be held on Sunday 10th June.

Roll on participants... :yahoo: :love:

EDIT:

Participants as of 11/1/18:

Flying
Supermarine Spitfire PRXI - Hangar 11
Bristol Blenheim I - ARCo
BAC Jet Provost T5 - Jet Aerobatics
Royal Aircraft Factory SE.5a - Great War Display Team
Avro 504 - Great War Display Team
Royal Aircraft Factory BE.2c - Great War Display Team
Westland Gazelle HT2 - Gazelle Squadron
Westland Gazelle HT3 - Gazelle Squadron

Static
Boulton Paul Defiant I - RAF Museum
Hawker Siddley Harrier GR3 - RAF Museum
Jaguar GR1 - RAF Cosford, 1 SoTT
Westland Wessex - RAF St Mawgan
Jaguar GR3 - RAF Cosford 1 SoTT
Panavia Tornado GR4 - RAF Cosford 1 SoTT
Grob Tutor T1 - University of Brirmingham
F-4K Phantom II "Black Mike" - BPAG / GJD Services
Gloster Meteor F9/40 - RAF Museum
Douglas C-47 Dakota - Aces High
BAC Jet Provost T3a - Private Owner
P-51D Mustang - Norwegian Spitfire Foundation
Slingsby T.61F Venture - Saltby Flying Group
De Havilland DH-87B Hornet Moth - Private Owner
Plastic Typhoon - BAE Systems
DH Chipmunk - Private Owner
Sopwith Triplane - Great War Display Team
Royal Aircraft Factory SE.5a - Great War Display Team
Westland Gazelle HT3 - Gazelle Squadron
Last edited by ColeTheDemolisher on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Fri 29 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm

Really enjoyed this years show, can't wait for the participants for next year to start being announced ! :tongue: :yahoo:

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 02 Oct 2017, 7:01 pm

I see Cosford have updated there FB page with some nice F35's. So are we to expect them at shows next year.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:07 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:I see Cosford have updated there FB page with some nice F35's. So are we to expect them at shows next year.
The much travelled plastic replica? It is a Farnborough year, so the real flyable thing might hop over, but Cosford seems a bit early in the year.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:22 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
Mooshie1956 wrote:I see Cosford have updated there FB page with some nice F35's. So are we to expect them at shows next year.
The much travelled plastic replica? It is a Farnborough year, so the real flyable thing might hop over, but Cosford seems a bit early in the year.


Yeah, I agree, but maybe it could also depend on when deliveries to the UK take place, too? IIRC most press releases have simply stated that the UK's first F-35s will arrive here in "summer 2018", pending a more exact date which I haven't yet seen, a flypast or something could be within a shout.

It's 2nd October - I wouldn't read too much into artwork on a show's Facebook page, tbh.

(also, bleargh - give me a final hurrah of the Tornado display in RAF hands over a Dave any day of the week!)

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:46 am

From various twitter sources including 617 and 207sqn official accounts plus the Engineering officer in charge of fixed wing procurement...

First 4 F-35’s arrive at Marham during June 2018 so an appearance at Cosford is possible, almost certain for another show a few weeks later...

If the Lightning Force HQ twitter account is still correct (stated 12/3/2016) the exact arrival date is 1st June 2018.

Also according to the Engineering officer in charge of fixed wing procurement who tweeted 4 days ago.... the 617sqn official stand up will occur week commencing 6th August 2018.

Andy

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

Not seen the f35 yet so that should be good if the cards turn out our way :drool:

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 1:04 pm

And the full version of the poster...

Image

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 04 Oct 2017, 1:57 pm

The most spectacular and interactive air show tribute to the Royal Air Force's centenary


No pressure then Peter

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Fri 06 Oct 2017, 6:48 pm

When do tickets usually go on sale? (I see something about £25 advance tickets but can't see where to book) What's the difference between advance tickets and normal tickets?

Also the website mentions you can combine airshow ticket with rail ticket, is that from Birmingham?

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:55 pm

jasonT1981 wrote:When do tickets usually go on sale? (I see something about £25 advance tickets but can't see where to book) What's the difference between advance tickets and normal tickets?

Also the website mentions you can combine airshow ticket with rail ticket, is that from Birmingham?


Tickets for the 2018 show are on sale via the Cosford Air Show website and through their ticket hotline. As for the combined rail and show tickets they tend to go on sale a lot closer to the show. You can purchase them form any manned station and you get a reduction in the cost of the admission ticket, approx £5.00. Hope this helps.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

The new website looks amazing !!! :clap: :clap:

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:00 am

Website looks better than previous years already !
It says that they aim to have 100 aircraft on static display to represent 100 years of the RAF. Does Cosford have the space for 100 aircraft ? Surely they can't all be prop trainers. If they get the right aircraft out of the museum this could be a spectacular static display that will never be repeated.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 11 Oct 2017, 6:03 pm

Thanks, can't find where to buy the tickets on the website though. When I click buy tickets it only gives me the phone number to ring.

Is it worth going for the Cosford Club? Or just stick with normal admission? Also, If I go with the Cosford Club, is the entrance included in the price, or do I have to buy normal entrance and then upgrade like the RIAT grandstand/enclosures?

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 12 Oct 2017, 8:15 am

jasonT1981 wrote:Thanks, can't find where to buy the tickets on the website though. When I click buy tickets it only gives me the phone number to ring.

Hi Jason, our online ticket sales will go live at some point over the coming weeks, so keep checking back on the website soon.

jasonT1981 wrote:Is it worth going for the Cosford Club? Or just stick with normal admission? Also, If I go with the Cosford Club, is the entrance included in the price, or do I have to buy normal entrance and then upgrade like the RIAT grandstand/enclosures?

When you purchase your Cosford Club ticket, admission to the show is included. Other benefits of the enclosure include a complimentary Souvenir Programme, and freshly made picnic-style produce available to purchase throughout the day.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:16 am

RAF Cosford Air Show wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Thanks, can't find where to buy the tickets on the website though. When I click buy tickets it only gives me the phone number to ring.

Hi Jason, our online ticket sales will go live at some point over the coming weeks, so keep checking back on the website soon.

jasonT1981 wrote:Is it worth going for the Cosford Club? Or just stick with normal admission? Also, If I go with the Cosford Club, is the entrance included in the price, or do I have to buy normal entrance and then upgrade like the RIAT grandstand/enclosures?

When you purchase your Cosford Club ticket, admission to the show is included. Other benefits of the enclosure include a complimentary Souvenir Programme, and freshly made picnic-style produce available to purchase throughout the day.


Brilliant, thank you :)

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 15 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 15 Oct 2017, 4:46 pm

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:




First participant announcement or tickets on sale now ??

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 8:13 pm

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:




First participant announcement or tickets on sale now ??


Both I think. What better way to put tickets on sale than with an aircraft announcement?

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

How about some static announcements.
Harrier GR3
Jaguar GR1
Westland Wessex
Grob Tutor T1
Tornado GR4
Jaguar GR3

All off the Cosford site.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

Tickets now on sale! :win:

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

Mooshie1956 wrote:How about some static announcements.
Harrier GR3
Jaguar GR1
Westland Wessex
Grob Tutor T1
Tornado GR4
Jaguar GR3

All off the Cosford site.


You've missed what is undoubtedly the biggest announcement thus far, that the RAF Museum's Boulton-Paul Defiant I will be on static!

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:06 am

Boulton Paul Defiant is really awesome. :up:

Additionally:

...One of the most exciting attractions planned for the Air Show is a showcase of 100 aircraft in a chronological exhibition showcasing the development of aeronautical design and capability over the past century...


Trying to think what usual numbers are, but that sounds like a massive increase on the normal numbers.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

Tommy wrote:Trying to think what usual numbers are, but that sounds like a massive increase on the normal numbers.


There were between 60 and 70 aircraft on static display at the 2017 airshow, from memory.

Re: RAF Cosford Airshow 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

Reading the brief on the website, this is a very interesting concept, and different; different to a typical Cosford and to anything else for that matter. I'll be looking forward to it, although I confess my initial thoughts are how am I going to do justice to both ground and air in a single day, when its all going on together. Nice problem to have I suppose.

Good luck to the team with all the build-up brings :smile:
Post a reply