RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Lucasjmet15

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

borismorris wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:Very nice update, according to the Facebook page they have 'definitely have something up there sleeves' in regards to jet noise. Sounds promising, Belgian F16 maybe ?? :ninja:

I may be wide of the mark here, but having seen a tweet from last years stand out aerobatic performer theres only ex RAF types appearing this year... make of that what you will..

Which tweet was this ? I suppose that'd make sense but the Bolköw from the flying bulls never served in the raf. The Belgian f16 had suggested on social media that it'll be making an appearance at Cosford this year

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
borismorris wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:Very nice update, according to the Facebook page they have 'definitely have something up there sleeves' in regards to jet noise. Sounds promising, Belgian F16 maybe ?? :ninja:

I may be wide of the mark here, but having seen a tweet from last years stand out aerobatic performer theres only ex RAF types appearing this year... make of that what you will..

Which tweet was this ? I suppose that'd make sense but the Bolköw from the flying bulls never served in the RAF. The Belgian f16 had suggested on social media that it'll be making an appearance at Cosford this year

https://twitter.com/RichgoodwinS2S/stat ... 97536?s=20

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

borismorris wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:
borismorris wrote:

Which tweet was this ? I suppose that'd make sense but the Bolköw from the flying bulls never served in the RAF. The Belgian f16 had suggested on social media that it'll be making an appearance at Cosford this year

https://twitter.com/RichgoodwinS2S/stat ... 97536?s=20

Ah right I hadn't seen this, thank you !

RAF Cosford Air Show

Post by RAF Cosford Air Show »

borismorris wrote:I may be wide of the mark here, but having seen a tweet from last years stand out aerobatic performer theres only ex RAF types appearing this year... make of that what you will..

Just to clear this up: We've made the decision that the flying display won't feature any civilian display acts such as Pitts Specials & Extra 300s etc.

As described on our website; "RAF100 will be the sole theme for the flying display at the RAF Cosford Air Show 2018. With 100 years of history to cover, the programme will include a huge number of historic Royal Air Force aircraft. The flying display programme will be flown in chronological order immersing our visitors in the RAF100 story and showcasing how aircraft and air power has developed during the last 100 years." So therefore we will include civilian operated ex-RAF warbirds, current day Royal Air Force assets & international military contributions.

Hope this makes sense? :smile:

RAF Cosford Air Show

Post by RAF Cosford Air Show »

AMB wrote:Plenty of aircraft in the museum at Cosford parked near the hangar doors that could be brought out. How about the Kestrel? Also apparently since the Prestwick Pioneer was brought back from Hendon, it is in a hangar on the airfield, so could easily join the line-up?

We're lucky to have some great support from the RAF Museum already. A significant number of aircraft, some of which are requiring a deal of re-positioning, already scheduled for the static display and listed on our website. Some aircraft in the RAF Museum we would have liked to have outside but their are genuine reasons why it isn't achievable.

harkins

Post by harkins »

RAF Cosford Air Show wrote:So therefore we will include civilian operated ex-RAF warbirds, current day Royal Air Force assets & international military contributions.

Which a poster on FC has noticed now includes a Polish Mig-29 Fulcrum.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

F35 Static (replica) also added as well as a PZL M28 Bryza from the Polish Navy.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Polish MIG 29 flying !!!! :rock: :love:

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Well.. Good morning!
Am I expecting too much to think that maybe with its short take off capability the Fulcrum might actually be based at Cosford?..

Regardless of the answer, Thats a mighty fine addition.

dziękuję

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Absolutely great news!

Although talk about the 'alternate display line' is slightly concerning.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

There is no "talk" about an alternate display line, just you and one other person on here! :wall:

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

I've always thought jets at Cosford were quite distant - is there just the usual 2 display lines?

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

Wow that's a brilliant addition The Cosford team are really pulling out all the stops again!! I wonder if it operates from shawbury will he be allowed to use flares? IIRC the Belgian F16 should have used flares in the past but tech issue prevented it.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

borismorris wrote:Well.. Good morning!
Am I expecting too much to think that maybe with its short take off capability the Fulcrum might actually be based at Cosford?..

Regardless of the answer, Thats a mighty fine addition.

dziękuję

Take off, yep, could do it. Have you ever seen one land? :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Superb addition, always one of the highlights at RIAT (when its there). Excellent work from the Cosford team!

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

What about the RAAF, F18 Hornet.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

MiG_Eater wrote:I've always thought jets at Cosford were quite distant - is there just the usual 2 display lines?

The Italian tonka was no more distant than it was at RIAT, I believe Cosford follow the MAA display rules just the same as Fairford.

The alternate display line was only used by the Reds last year, though the Typhoon may also have used the alternate line if they didn't have a technical fault prior to display.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

vulcan558 wrote:What about the RAAF, F-18 Hornet.

What about it? :smile:

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

jalfrezi wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:I've always thought jets at Cosford were quite distant - is there just the usual 2 display lines?

The Italian tonka was no more distant than it was at RIAT, I believe Cosford follow the MAA display rules just the same as Fairford.

The alternate display line was only used by the Reds last year, though the Typhoon may also have used the alternate line if they didn't have a technical fault prior to display.

OK that makes sense. Lets hope sanity prevails this year. I always enjoy the Red Arrows (and Typhoon) and a more distant line would really spoil the displays in my view.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

capercaillie wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:What about the RAAF, F-18 Hornet.

What about it? :smile:

Would be star of the show I would have thought.

B_Tank88

Post by B_Tank88 »

wow Mig29 at Cosford is huge!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

B_Tank88 wrote:wow Mig29 at Cosford is huge!

Nah, it will be the same size as most MiG29s. :wave:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Superb contribution from Poland - their Air Force celebrating a centenary year too. :up:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Happythor.gif