RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Switch to full style
Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Post a reply

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 8:59 am

If the plan is for 100 aircraft to celebrate 100years of the RAF, I wonder how modern the static could get? The prototype Typhoon is there and was outside last year so that's possible, but I wonder if an in service Typhoon or Tornado could attend? Not sure re:runway length and setup for fast jets etc (I do know that fast jet displays can't be based at Cosford before anyone says). Also Marham's first F-35s, when do they get to the UK? Is that a possibility for static I wonder?

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 9:18 am

Doubt you'd get an in-service Typhoon or Tornado, but there should be some of the former on site and definitely at least one of the latter, as part of 1 SoTT. I'm sure Peter is well aware and are being factored in to his plans though!

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 12:22 pm

.
Last edited by davidjones533 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 12:23 pm

davidjones533 wrote:We got an Atlas on static last year - they could always pop one in the back of that :lol: [tongue is firmly in cheek]

we can wish :lol: :lol:
Maybe one that is waiting to RTP?

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 12:58 pm

I'm sill waiting for the news that the Mossie is going to get some fresh air. I think it'll be the only show that is going to be able to have one on display.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:34 pm

But there's already a Tornado GR4 (from the engineering school) listed on the website for static display and BAE Systems are providing a plastic mock-up of the Typhoon? So why would they need to fly others in? I would also expect the plastic F-35 model to be there too.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 4:13 pm

CJS wrote:The prototype Typhoon is there and was outside last year so that's possible, but I wonder if an in service Typhoon or Tornado could attend?


No, that was the EAP, a unique British technology demonstrator for a possible design for the EFA, a very different beast to a Typhoon, prototype or other. As said a mock up Typhoon and one of the extant GR4 ground trainers are listed as static. I'd be very surprised if a plastic F-35 didn't show up...

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Sun 25 Feb 2018, 9:45 pm

st24 wrote:
CJS wrote:The prototype Typhoon is there and was outside last year so that's possible, but I wonder if an in service Typhoon or Tornado could attend?


No, that was the EAP, a unique British technology demonstrator for a possible design for the EFA, a very different beast to a Typhoon, prototype or other. As said a mock up Typhoon and one of the extant GR4 ground trainers are listed as static. I'd be very surprised if a plastic F-35 didn't show up...


Fair enough, I didn't realise it's not considered the Typhoon prototype - although having a look on G***le shows me that I have, again, shown myself to be a numpty (with due apologies to numpties everywhere).

Plastic F-35 you say, have a squadron...

Image

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 26 Feb 2018, 5:29 pm

st24 wrote:I'd be very surprised if a plastic F-35 didn't show up...


Fair. Maybe the mock-up will be there, too.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 26 Feb 2018, 6:34 pm

The F-35's are scheduled to arrive at Marham on 10th June (that was the last date I saw).... which happens to coincide with show day.

End the show with a fly through en-route? :heyhey:

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Tue 27 Feb 2018, 7:39 pm

boff180 wrote:The F-35's are scheduled to arrive at Marham on 10th June (that was the last date I saw).... which happens to coincide with show day.

End the show with a fly through en-route? :heyhey:


I like your thinking... :biggrin: :wink: :wink:

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:00 pm

The Hawk T1 has been delivered to Cosford, will be in training colours (Red/White I wonder?) for the show.

Last edited by jasonT1981 on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:11 pm

I think you're reading too much in to that!

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:37 pm

cg_341 wrote:I think you're reading too much in to that!


Quite possibly lol. Amended the post.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Wed 28 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm

But Black is trainer "colours"... Unfortunately :confused:

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:14 am

The Hawk T1 will be staying black with her 208(R) Squadron markings. :up:

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:17 am

Mooshie1956 wrote:I'm sill waiting for the news that the Mossie is going to get some fresh air. I think it'll be the only show that is going to be able to have one on display.


We did ask, but unfortunately it is not possible for Mosquito TA639 to be brought outside for the Air Show.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 01 Mar 2018, 11:35 am

The updates seem to be every 2 weeks or so. Is this how they are going to be this year ?

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:22 pm

RAF Cosford Air Show wrote:
Mooshie1956 wrote:I'm sill waiting for the news that the Mossie is going to get some fresh air. I think it'll be the only show that is going to be able to have one on display.


We did ask, but unfortunately it is not possible for Mosquito TA639 to be brought outside for the Air Show.


I presume the same is true of the V bombers?

Those 3 lined up outside would make a truly amazing, and absolutely unique sight!

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:02 pm

The V Bombers are well and truly hemmed in to the Cold War Exhibition building. They are close together though.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:17 pm

RAF Cosford Air Show wrote:
Mooshie1956 wrote:I'm sill waiting for the news that the Mossie is going to get some fresh air. I think it'll be the only show that is going to be able to have one on display.


We did ask, but unfortunately it is not possible for Mosquito TA639 to be brought outside for the Air Show.



Thanks for the update. A real shame that it can't be pulled out.

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

Just to feed some corn into the rumour mill.. Belgian F-16 anyone?

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 8:04 pm

borismorris wrote:Just to feed some corn into the rumour mill.. Belgian F-16 anyone?


i like your thinking :tongue: :wink:

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 8:45 pm

It does appear that the F16 may be displaying if you look at the comments on the FB page !
It would be a great addition if so ! :rock:

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2018 - [Main Topic]

Tue 06 Mar 2018, 7:32 am

May have been reported before but the museum's Meteor will be outside.
Post a reply