Albrighton Sports Complex - OPEN

Albrighton Sports Complex - OPEN

Postby madmax on Sun 04 Feb 2018, 3:02 am

The home of Albrighton Bowling and Football club will be opening its gates again this year. The club was open for the 2017 airshow and they will be once again be open for 2018.
The gates will also be open on the Saturday for the rehearsals.
It is anticipated that there will be severe traffic restrictions similar to 2017, however utilising the back roads can circumvent this.

The grounds sit outside of the danger zone which affects both the Cricket Ground and David Austin Roses, and was used by the MAA in 2017 as a viewing platform to validate one of the flying displays.

Post Code is WV7 3HR
madmax

Re: Albrighton Sports Complex - OPEN

Postby TYPHOON3 on Sun 04 Feb 2018, 10:47 am

madmax wrote:The home of Albrighton Bowling and Football club will be opening its gates again this year. The club was open for the 2017 airshow and they will be once again be open for 2018.
The gates will also be open on the Saturday for the rehearsals.
It is anticipated that there will be severe traffic restrictions similar to 2017, however utilising the back roads can circumvent this.

The grounds sit outside of the danger zone which affects both the Cricket Ground and David Austin Roses, and was used by the MAA in 2017 as a viewing platform to validate one of the flying displays.

Post Code is WV7 3HR

Good of you to post this info for those that don't want to go in the show but some people on here won't appreciate it.They will see it as encouraging people not to buy tickets for the show.Are you sure it was open last year?I thought all of the naughty fields had been stopped opening.
TYPHOON3

Postby TYPHOON3 on Sun 04 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

It looks like it was open last year,just found an archive advertising the Summer Fair for the 11th June.
TYPHOON3

Postby Ian G on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

I have a feeling that may change as we get closer to the show!
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby TYPHOON3 on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 5:50 pm

Ian G wrote:I have a feeling that may change as we get closer to the show!

Do you mean that it won't open in the end?It was open last year but asked to close in 2016 as far as I know.What makes you think it will be closed again this year?(if that's what you mean by 'change')
TYPHOON3

Postby speedbird2639 on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 7:55 pm

Its as close to the display line as David Austin Roses and probably closer than the cricket club so I don't see how it can be open for people to view the airshow if they have been asked to close. But we shall see...
speedbird2639

Postby Ian G on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 9:39 pm

Exactly as Speedbird says - rules are a bit more stringent than they were last year and I can't see it happening, even if they have advertised that they'll be open. There's a lot of time between now and the show.

Flickr Photostream

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby Flare Path on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 10:08 pm

madmax wrote:The grounds sit outside of the danger zone which affects both the Cricket Ground and David Austin Roses, and was used by the MAA in 2017 as a viewing platform to validate one of the flying displays.

Italian Tornado?

Can't think of many other aircraft (at Cosford 17) that would require someone standing outside the airfield for validation.
Flare Path

Postby Ian G on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:45 pm

They stood in Shifnal to validate the Red Arrows :whistle:

Flickr Photostream

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby Flare Path on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:00 pm

Ian G wrote:They stood in Shifnal to validate the Red Arrows :whistle:

Indeed. Hopefully this year the flying will be much closer to the audience and not somewhere over Cosford Grange or the A464 - really would spoil the centenary to fly in such a draconian fashion, in my opinion.
Flare Path

Postby rdchawk on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:13 pm

Perhaps some from Cosford team can confirm which display axis the Red Arrows will be using IF they are to display at Cosford this year.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Ian G on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

And if we are back to the normal display axes, I can't possibly see how those sites can be open.

Flickr Photostream

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Return to RAF Cosford Air Show