Arrivals 2018

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
IP1960

Re: Arrivals 2018

Post by IP1960 »

G-MKXI Spitfire just flown past me in Worcestershire. Cosford bound I assume?

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Not long landed. Great war display team and gazelles just landed
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

"Gazelle formation" just landed. The Navy Black Shark display team one, and a civvi-blue one, G-ZZLE.

Unclear if this is the Gazelle Display Team or not.

chill51

Post by chill51 »

KIWI 248 757-200 heading to Cosford out of Brize working 127.25
Mike

Uniden UBC 780 XLT
Winradio WR-G31DDC Excalibur
Drake R8A
Diamond D.777
Wellbrook ALA 1530L
AirNav

RinkyDinky

Post by RinkyDinky »

Good day at Cosford today, my third day in a row!!, Displays from the Mig29 (nice to to see this plane in the Midlands for change), F16 (beautiful 'controlled' display), Kiwi 757 (...a number diff displays from them which kept going on and on for yonks), Rafale - displayed at 5.30pm (Amazing, exciting & dynamic display as always from the French Air-force), Chinook almost others. There were some very nice formations one of my faves was the Skyvan, Hurricane & Mig 29 formation. There was some arrivals too including the Hawker Fury. Lovely day and not as busy as it was this time last year, pre-airshow day. Shaping up to be one the best airshows held at Cosford for sometime. :smile:

N48284

Post by N48284 »

Tommy wrote:"Gazelle formation" just landed. The Navy Black Shark display team one, and a civvi-blue one, G-ZZLE.

Unclear if this is the Gazelle Display Team or not.

Yep seems it was, I guess their twitter bio needs changing! :roll:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Flare Path wrote:Single MiG with a punchy arrival.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG7Zn8BHZ3o[/youtube]

:whistle:

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Im thinking about just going on the Saturday next year . Are you allowed onto the airfield like Fairford, or can just view from beyond ? And roughly how busy planes wise does it twnd to be. Thanks

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

This thread gives you a fairly decent impression of how busy the build up is. Its not particularly busy on the Saturday but there will be some arrivals and rehearsals no doubt.
You can't get in, and you aren't very close at the museum. The railway station platform is generally accepted to be the best vantage point.

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Thanks WM. Its a long way off for me but just thinking about making sure i have the weekend off. If i dont go on the Sunday i might just go there Saturday for a day out.
The whole traffic event that is Cosford is putting me off going on the Sunday . Especially as id like to take my family to a show next year, so its never going to be either a very early start or late finish if do so.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

I don't know where you are Mr Benn, but the arrivals day at Yeovilton is a very relaxed affair. It's also not too early a start or a late finish.

If you fancy Cosford then the railway platform is pretty good.

For a show to take family to it would be very hard to beat Old Warden.

Just some thoughts!

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Mr Benn wrote:The whole traffic event that is Cosford is putting me off going on the Sunday . Especially as id like to take my family to a show next year, so its never going to be either a very early start or late finish if do so.

That's a difficult one to resolve for sure - because an airshow brings crowds and traffic by its very nature. Cosford is one of the few shows I take my family to, where we do the Cosford Club. Its perfect. Plenty of space, good facilities, etc. But the gang are clear on the deal with getting there early and not rushing off. They moan rolling out of bed early but are always buzzing on the way home no matter how late it is.

Fairford on Friday would be perfect, other than its a school day, which rather precludes families.

In either case, if your family is anything like mine, they wouldn't appreciate lurking all day on a narrow station platform, which is what Cosford arrivals consists of.