RIAT 2018 discussion

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby G-CVIX on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 8:18 am

That sounds about right to me. Cheers fellas!
G-CVIX

Postby Vigorous Dragon on Sat 09 Sep 2017, 7:40 pm

Anyone had anything from FRIAT yet? I've still not heard anything
Vigorous Dragon

Postby alpha586 on Sat 09 Sep 2017, 11:20 pm

I spoke to the ticket line the other day as there was a problem with my form for FRIAT they said they would be sending letters out in the next week or so. Hope this helps.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
alpha586

Postby vulcan57 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:47 pm

Still waiting here as well. Getting a bit concerned as the payments are suppose to start in October. Thinking I might leave it till the weekend and then contact them early next week if I don't hear anything. I thought they said that they would be sending emails this year?
vulcan57

Postby spellow3010 on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 12:09 pm

Wissam24 wrote:
spellow3010 wrote:And let's hope the arrival isn't a game of 'hide and seek' like the Chinook! :lol:

What do you mean?

Sam,
it's been a while since I was in this thread so delayed response I'm afraid. There was consternation at P&V East as the Canadian Chinook was inbound when instead of arriving from P&V East end, it snuck along the north side of the airfield boundary whilst the U2 was being sorted out on the ground (the faff with the taxi wheels etc) and slipped in at far West instead. I don't think it was 'gettable' by P&V West with upon arrival was it?

So, a tenuous reference to hide and seek :)

Got it in static at least. And as others have said, it did itself justice on departures day. :up:
spellow3010

Postby alans895 on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 2:22 am

Has anybody been charged for FRIAT tickets yet? I keep checking my visa card on a daily basis, but nothing has been deducted as yet.

Regards,

Alan
alans895

Postby aviodromefriend on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 9:48 am

alans895 wrote:Has anybody been charged for FRIAT tickets yet? I keep checking my visa card on a daily basis, but nothing has been deducted as yet.

Regards,

Alan
Two posts above yours is the answer.
vulcan57 wrote:Still waiting here as well. Getting a bit concerned as the payments are suppose to start in October. Thinking I might leave it till the weekend and then contact them early next week if I don't hear anything. I thought they said that they would be sending emails this year?
It is still September :wall:
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
aviodromefriend

Postby alans895 on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:42 am

Thanks for pointing out the obvious aviodromefriend!

Two posts above mine stated:

"Thinking I might leave it till the weekend and then contact them early next week if I don't hear anything. I thought they said that they would be sending emails this year?"

Given that the poster of this statement wrote this early last week (12 Sept) and the weekend has passed, I thought he may have had an update or reply!

Wendy had stated to me that she would be debiting accounts late August / early September.

No need to reply to posts in the manner in which you did! :wall:

Have a great day!
alans895

Postby IP1960 on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 7:59 pm

A posting over on FC a couple of days ago suggested FRIAT letters going out in October. Running a little late this year, suggesting a heavier than usual early batch of applications?
IP1960

Postby boff180 on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:34 pm

IP1960 wrote:A posting over on FC a couple of days ago suggested FRIAT letters going out in October. Running a little late this year, suggesting a heavier than usual early batch of applications?

Possibly or that Scampton has slowed things.

I had a FRIAT e-ticket appear in my inbox confirming my loyalty status Monday, so things are coming through.

Andy
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby IP1960 on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:06 pm

boff180 wrote:Possibly or that Scampton has slowed things.

That is a good point, makes sense.
IP1960

Postby G-CVIX on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

Haven't had an email yet. As the deadline for installments was a month ago, it would be nice to get confirmation that my booking made at the show is all okay! I'm not too worried, as it seems that no-one has heard yet.

Checked my email and it was the 19th that I got an email last year confirming my order/loyalty status, so hopefully soon.

October is very late for confirmation as the first payment is due in October.
G-CVIX

Postby Bigrob on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 10:53 am

Guys spoke to one of the friat team yesterday. There currently going though all the forms and are hoping to send emails by the end of September. Payments will start towards the end of October. Hope this helps
Bigrob

Postby boff180 on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 3:14 pm

Just had my FRIAT instalment details arrive via email
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby sismore on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 5:11 pm

My Payment has been taken today, roll on RIAT 2018 :cool: :rock:
sismore

Postby G-CVIX on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 6:00 pm

boff180 wrote:Just had my FRIAT instalment details arrive via email

Excellent!

Out of interest, what numbered form did you get?
I did mine on Friday AM and I feel like I was somewhere in the early 300s. I'm hoping to get my email tomorrow or possibly Monday now.
G-CVIX

Postby boff180 on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 6:44 pm

Can’t remember exactly but it was mid to high 20’s
boff180
UKAR Staff

Previous

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo