RIAT 2018 wishlist

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Berf on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:47 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
138EAW wrote:I think only 4 F-35B are expected in the first wave of arrivals at Marham
So no 3*3 (Guess the Reds will want to do that one) but 2*2 is possible? Well, every aircraft needs to be fully servicable on three consecutive days. Not a common thing to achieve with aircraft types that are just entering service with an air arm.



Ha it won't be a common thing after it has been in service years - it will be the least flown major type of all time
Berf

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Berf on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

Does anyone know of a list of former RAF aircraft that are active on the civil register? Maybe interesting to see what could actually turn up to a 100th celebration....
Berf

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby davidjones533 on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

I would imagine perhaps the Great War Display Team, some of the interwar types such as the Hind, Fury, Nimrod and Gladiator; then Hurricanes, Spitfires, Dakotas and the Lancaster. The CAA have successfully all but killed UK classic jets, but they may be able to get some military registered Meteors and Hunters. Then there’s the types operating overseas such as the Norwegian Vampires. There’s always the JP as well. Helicopters could include the Whirlwind and Gazelle.
User avatar
davidjones533

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby capercaillie on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:27 am

davidjones533 wrote: some of the interwar types such as the Hind, Fury, Nimrod and Gladiator;.


That famous RAF type :whistle: (Disclaimer - yes the RAF utilised a few in a training capacity when they became obsolete in the Fleet Air Arm)
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby davidjones533 on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:47 am

capercaillie wrote:
davidjones533 wrote: some of the interwar types such as the Hind, Fury, Nimrod and Gladiator;.


That famous RAF type :whistle: (Disclaimer - yes the RAF utilised a few in a training capacity when they became obsolete in the Fleet Air Arm)


And there was silly me thinking it was the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Air Force until 1939... :whistle:
User avatar
davidjones533

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Berf on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

With the FAA discussion above I had to have a look at Wiki which revealed this incredible stat in today's terms anyway.

At the end of the war the strength of the Fleet Air Arm was 59 aircraft carriers, 3,700 aircraft, 72,000 officers and men and 56 Naval air stations
Berf

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby CJS on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm

At the end of a world war in which we were fighting for our very survival and to protect the island from invasion in a conflict far far removed from the increasingly remote warfare of today you mean?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby G-CVIX on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:03 am

Martin-Baker Meteors and VPG Vampire please! Bonus for the Norwegian pair too!
User avatar
G-CVIX

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Berf on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 12:12 pm

CJS wrote:At the end of a world war in which we were fighting for our very survival and to protect the island from invasion in a conflict far far removed from the increasingly remote warfare of today you mean?


Yes that's right - whatever spin you want to put on it it's an remarkable stat.
Berf

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Airwolfhound on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 12:44 pm

An AAC Dauphin from the 'Blue Thunder' ( :grin: ) unit would be cool :ninja: :ninja:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby vulcanshammer on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:29 pm

Berf wrote:
CJS wrote:At the end of a world war in which we were fighting for our very survival and to protect the island from invasion in a conflict far far removed from the increasingly remote warfare of today you mean?


Yes that's right - whatever spin you want to put on it it's an remarkable stat.


I assume most of those carriers were the escort carriers on loan from the US Navy though, but yes, still remarkable.

CJS jeez why so aggressive? Berf was only stating some statistics.
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better
User avatar
vulcanshammer

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby CJS on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 6:14 pm

No aggression intended, I was just pointing out the myriad reasons why we would have had such large military assets available at that time - I don't know but I imagine that 5 years later it was quite a bit smaller.

But I'm not sure of its relevance to the RIAT thread anyway??

The trouble with text based messages I suppose, one person can put a totally different tone of voice on it to someone else.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Airshowhammer on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:55 pm

Croatian Mig-21!
User avatar
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby G-CVIX on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

Second run at the A-4?

Maybe one day, a "Draken" owned Mirage F1 and/or Cheetah.
User avatar
G-CVIX

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:38 am

Airwolfhound wrote:An AAC Dauphin from the 'Blue Thunder' ( :grin: ) unit would be cool :ninja: :ninja:

:lmao: :lmao: I think we have a 0.0000365% chance of that
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
User avatar
ColeTheDemolisher

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Danny on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:08 pm

Turkish Stars - long overdue at RIAT!
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"
User avatar
Danny

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:56 pm

Danny wrote:Turkish Stars - long overdue at RIAT!
Marche Vert, Team 60 - longer overdue at RIAT!
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby rdchawk on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:03 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
Danny wrote:Turkish Stars - long overdue at RIAT!
Marche Vert, Team 60 - longer overdue at RIAT!


Don't think Team 60 are still going?
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
User avatar
rdchawk

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm

rdchawk wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:
Danny wrote:Turkish Stars - long overdue at RIAT!
Marche Vert, Team 60 - longer overdue at RIAT!


Don't think Team 60 are still going?
Thought they re-formed last year?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby F-5F on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:15 pm

Would happily sacrifice potential Solo Turk appearance in 2018 for the Turkish Stars. Come on DBH ask them to send the Stars next year please.
F-5F

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Berf on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:17 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
rdchawk wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:
Danny wrote:Turkish Stars - long overdue at RIAT!
Marche Vert, Team 60 - longer overdue at RIAT!


Don't think Team 60 are still going?
Thought they re-formed last year?


They did for a few shows but only in Sweden. 2018 plans unknown right now.
Berf

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby CJS on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

ColeTheDemolisher wrote:
Airwolfhound wrote:An AAC Dauphin from the 'Blue Thunder' ( :grin: ) unit would be cool :ninja: :ninja:

:lmao: :lmao: I think we have a 0.0000365% chance of that


Well two landed on the common outside my school last year. Complete with men, dogs and quite a lot of guns. :-o
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:12 pm

CJS wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:
Airwolfhound wrote:An AAC Dauphin from the 'Blue Thunder' ( :grin: ) unit would be cool :ninja: :ninja:

:lmao: :lmao: I think we have a 0.0000365% chance of that


Well two landed on the common outside my school last year. Complete with men, dogs and quite a lot of guns. :-o
Reds, BBMF Spitfire, AAC Dauphin... How do you manage those visits? Wait, I should have known: DBH.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby CJS on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:16 pm

Shhh... :-P

One of the few benefits of having had a derelict hospital site perfect for counter terrorism training right opposite the school.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Airwolfhound on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:39 pm

CJS wrote:
ColeTheDemolisher wrote:
Airwolfhound wrote:An AAC Dauphin from the 'Blue Thunder' ( :grin: ) unit would be cool :ninja: :ninja:

:lmao: :lmao: I think we have a 0.0000365% chance of that


Well two landed on the common outside my school last year. Complete with men, dogs and quite a lot of guns. :-o


I remember seeing those photos you posted, very cool :clap:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Previous

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Skyflash, vulcanshammer and 7 guests