RIAT 2018 discussion

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 2:28 pm

Does a child under 18 pay to get into RIAT?...Are they at all arrivals days and pay for them?.... No to both......It's like on a bus if a non paying child us taking a seat then they have to give it up to paying passangers.....so from my point of view paying people have more right than non paying or was i just brought up in a different world?
Kevyboy1979

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Paul_Reflex on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 2:49 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:Does a child under 18 pay to get into RIAT?...Are they at all arrivals days and pay for them?.... No to both......It's like on a bus if a non paying child us taking a seat then they have to give it up to paying passangers.....so from my point of view paying people have more right than non paying or was i just brought up in a different world?


It's difficult to say what world you were brought up in with attitudes like that. Inspiring young people is pretty much the raison d'etre for RIAT.

Edited to add, what sort of bus company has a rule where children have to give up their seats for adults?!
User avatar
Paul_Reflex

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby CJS on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 2:52 pm

verreli wrote:
CJS wrote:How do you know I didn't :ninja:


We should all know within the next two weeks. I was curious so I put a freedom of information request into the MoD asking for the supplier and cost of the RAF100 branding. I'll post the answer here if I get a response.

That's a catchy strap line by the way. :wink:


Signature duly changed :grin:

Kevyboy1979 wrote:Does a child under 18 pay to get into RIAT?...Are they at all arrivals days and pay for them?.... No to both......It's like on a bus if a non paying child us taking a seat then they have to give it up to paying passangers.....so from my point of view paying people have more right than non paying or was i just brought up in a different world?


I would say in this case that a paying adult who brings a child has paid for them and the child. Yes, on paper the child goes free, but they can't come without the paying adult can they.

I've been on plenty of buses with my 2 year old and have offered his seat to a fare paying adult when the bus has been full, but not once has that adult taken me up on the offer. Make if that what you will.

Maybe not a different world, just a different generation. :wink:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:05 pm

At the end of the day this can go on for ages as everyone has a right to their point of view and what others see as fine others might not and vice versa.... I'm going to stop with all this talk and get back to the real point of why I came on here which was to discuss the best airshow in the world and what might be there and what might surprise us like the B-2 last year.
Kevyboy1979

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:28 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:I would happily let a child in front if I was asked I just hate these people that presume it's OK for their children to climb over people's stuff just to see something that will be in the sky anyway......out of all the years I have been going to airshows which is over 35 years never yet have a seen a child more than 10 holding a camera so really there is no need for them to be at the front as the ones at the front are mostly taking photos which the kids are not doing

Some of us have been going to airshows for a lot longer than 35 years....some of us as children were taking photos of the aircraft.
Besides, too many posters on aviation forums seem to forget that the majority of people go to airshows to watch the displays, not spend all their time taking photos ( I know, a shocking concept, isn't it )
And to turn your argument on it's head, why should photographers need to be at the front of the crowdline ( some I've seen seem to think it's their god-given right, much like the ones who think everyone should immediately move out of their way when they want to photograph a static )....after all, the aircraft will soon be in the sky.

As to children 'climbing over stuff', you can't blame the child for what is often a failing of the parent(s)...and when it's not a failing, it'll probably be down to the child getting over-excited & forgetting what they've been told about good manners.
Oh, and I've seen plenty of adults acting the same....funnily enough, they've usually been ones who think it's their god-given right to be at the front because they want to take photos - the same ones who'll then rush off somewhere else after the aircraft they want to photograph departs.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:34 pm

CJS wrote:
harkins wrote:Maybe they should put a solid 12 foot fence along the entire display line totally obscuring the view of take off and landings and then there'd be no point being at the front. Everyone would have near as damn it the same view of the displays whether 10 meters or 50 meters back. Problem solved.


Image


Major issues with the scale of this, as well as the mixing of measurement systems. Metres on the bottom and old timey backwards measurements from the past on the side??
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:38 pm

As i already said not interested in this chat anymore just want to talk about the airshow itself and the aircraft which the event is all about.....Oh and I only been going to airshows for 35 plus years as that's my age if u been going longer well good for you as that means u r older than me.
Kevyboy1979

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Big Eric on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:47 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:As i already said not interested in this chat anymore just want to talk about the airshow itself and the aircraft which the event is all about.....Oh and I only been going to airshows for 35 plus years as that's my age if u been going longer well good for you as that means u r older than me.


Oh no ! Not the dreaded "text speak" now. :wall:
Big Eric

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby jingernut on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:48 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:Does a child under 18 pay to get into RIAT?...Are they at all arrivals days and pay for them?.... No to both......It's like on a bus if a non paying child us taking a seat then they have to give it up to paying passangers.....so from my point of view paying people have more right than non paying or was i just brought up in a different world?


Wow.... just wow! :dizzy: :dizzy:
User avatar
jingernut


Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby borismorris on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:03 pm

A few points. Just my opinion..

I've no issue with kids "pushing" in front of me, They're children, They are not towering above me. But if some twerp starts sticking his lens in my face or starts the I'm coming in front of you manoeuvre I remind them that their expensive equipment means nothing to me. So best keep it out of my way matey.

What exactly happens to these marvellous photos anyway. What do you actually do with them?

Children at airshows not as entitled as fee paying adults...do me a lemon, If the adults of yesterday never took you and me to the shows how many of us might not be attending now. The kids today are the us of tomorrow. In many respects they are MORE important to the shows than us.


If you actually believe you and your grands worth of camera are so important that you want to have a dedicated space then pay for it through FRIAT etc.
borismorris

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:05 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:As i already said not interested in this chat anymore just want to talk about the airshow itself and the aircraft which the event is all about.....Oh and I only been going to airshows for 35 plus years as that's my age if u been going longer well good for you as that means u r older than me.

As has already been pointed out, fella, the title of the thread is 'RIAT 2018 discussion', so it's not solely restricted to discussion about aircraft attendance.
The 'how long' issue was raised by yourself, so you obviously felt it's relevant to the debate.

Airshowhammer wrote:State of this thread :dizzy:

Well there haven't been any aircraft attendance announcements released over the past few days, so nothing to discuss on that front. :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby harkins on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:12 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:State of this thread :dizzy:

I blame DBH. They should announce an aircraft a day to keep the thread drift away.
User avatar
harkins

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:16 pm

My parents paid me into every airshow I attended as a child unlike RIAT which was the point I was trying to make......Anyway as I said everyone entitled to their opinion cause as far as I am aware we still live a in a country that has freedom of speach...Until we start discussing the airshow and the updates again which is what this is all about then u can all argue amounst urselfs.
Kevyboy1979

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:20 pm

harkins wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:State of this thread :dizzy:

I blame DBH. They should announce an aircraft a day to keep the thread drift away.


I blame the fact that nobody's started a toilet or weather thread yet. :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Big Eric on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:22 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote: u can all argue amounst urselfs.


:lmao:
Big Eric

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Orayan on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:22 pm

Noob question, but I can't find the answer... What does DBH stand for ? Sorry for being out of subject
:tumbleweed:
User avatar
Orayan

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby rdchawk on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm

Orayan wrote:Noob question, but I can't find the answer... What does DBH stand for ? Sorry for being out of subject
:tumbleweed:


Douglas Bader House - RIAT HQ
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
User avatar
rdchawk

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Rossbeef on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:26 pm

Innit blud yeah blud. I see the Swedish Historic Flight have confirmed for RIAT according to their website :clown:

I had a dream that Morocco confirmed the other day. I assume that is confirmation then.
Rossbeef

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:36 pm

What do the Official RIAT Nutters say?
:lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:40 pm

Rossbeef wrote:Innit blud yeah blud. I see the Swedish Historic Flight have confirmed for RIAT according to their website :clown:

I had a dream that Morocco confirmed the other day. I assume that is confirmation then.


It is on their website but not showing as green at the end of the Web page so until this happens not defo confirmed....Thank god someone back to talking about planes!!!!
Kevyboy1979

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Rossbeef on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:40 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:
Rossbeef wrote:Innit blud yeah blud. I see the Swedish Historic Flight have confirmed for RIAT according to their website :clown:

I had a dream that Morocco confirmed the other day. I assume that is confirmation then.


It is on their website but not showing as green at the end of the Web page so until this happens not defo confirmed....Thank god someone back to talking about planes!!!!


Wooooosh
Rossbeef

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby play it cool on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:41 pm

Rossbeef wrote:I see the Swedish Historic Flight have confirmed for RIAT according to their website :clown:


Apparently DBH have been in discussions with them this year. Whether this amounts to anything, we shall see.
User avatar
play it cool

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby FarnboroJohn on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 5:12 pm

CJS wrote:
harkins wrote:Maybe they should put a solid 12 foot fence along the entire display line totally obscuring the view of take off and landings and then there'd be no point being at the front. Everyone would have near as damn it the same view of the displays whether 10 meters or 50 meters back. Problem solved.


Image


Is this fence going to be strong enough to lean ladders against or will togs be bringing 12' step-ladders?
FarnboroJohn

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 5:54 pm

play it cool wrote:
Rossbeef wrote:I see the Swedish Historic Flight have confirmed for RIAT according to their website :clown:


Apparently DBH have been in discussions with them this year. Whether this amounts to anything, we shall see.


Hopefully they do attend as it's been a long time since I saw them and they would be a great addition to the lineup.
Kevyboy1979

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jetnoise and 9 guests