Re: RIAT 2019

Postby CJS on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 7:16 pm

Wow what a start :-) :-D :-) ;-) :tongue:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Gripenjetphotos on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 8:05 pm

Great effort from both DBH and the Spanish Navy for this one. Oh how I have missed the RAF harrier displays of old. :yahoo:
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

2019 shows:
Old Warden (Season Premiere)
RIAT (Thu, Sat, Mon)
Gripenjetphotos

Postby 3enrique on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:09 pm

I'll wait until they announce some more and not get my hopes up, not seeing RIAT in any of the North America display teams calendars was a big let down.
3enrique

Postby CJS on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:27 pm

3enrique wrote:I'll wait until they announce some more and not get my hopes up, not seeing RIAT in any of the North America display teams calendars was a big let down.

But also not unexpected following stellar support in recent years, especially 2017. And just because none of the display teams have said they are coming doesn't necessarily rule out US flying displays, although it obviously makes it less likely.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Domvickery on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:29 pm

3enrique wrote:I'll wait until they announce some more and not get my hopes up, not seeing RIAT in any of the North America display teams calendars was a big let down.

Good, gives more room for some exciting acts from elsewhere to attend
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Postby Abbo46 on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:35 pm

Also worth nothing that, at this stage last year, we didn't have any of the USAF teams down for RIAT. All added extra dates a little later on.
Abbo46

Postby Tmyers123 on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:42 pm

Abbo46 wrote:Also worth nothing that, at this stage last year, we didn't have any of the USAF teams down for RIAT. All added extra dates a little later on.

Yes, but (unless I’m mistaken) all ACC teams are at shows on the RIAT weekend or due for Oshkosh on the Monday except for the A-10 Demo Team.
Tmyers123

Postby Abbo46 on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

Fair point that, had forgotten.

Don't see what the issue is to be honest, both 2012 & 2014 were bloody fantastic shows.
Abbo46

Postby Tommy on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby 3enrique on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:57 pm

Tmyers123 wrote:
Abbo46 wrote:Also worth nothing that, at this stage last year, we didn't have any of the USAF teams down for RIAT. All added extra dates a little later on.

Yes, but (unless I’m mistaken) all ACC teams are at shows on the RIAT weekend or due for Oshkosh on the Monday except for the A-10 Demo Team.

Correct, and if I recall correctly the A10 team has a show the same week as RIAT. Though not on the weekend I think this makes their appearance quite difficult.
3enrique

Postby jasonT1981 on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 1:13 am

3enrique wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:

Correct, and if I recall correctly the A10 team has a show the same week as RIAT. Though not on the weekend I think this makes their appearance quite difficult.

They did, but there is a gap now as they no longer list the show they were due to appear at RIAT weekend. Nothing now between July 15th and 27th. But we don't know the reasons. So I am not taking it as a sign it is coming until or if DBH announce it.

https://www.acc.af.mil/portals/92/AE/A- ... 143008-010
jasonT1981

Postby harkins on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 9:16 am

I'm pretty relaxed about Fairford this year as I truly believed that last years extended RAF100 show would be the last show of note we'd ever see (you know, less and less types, ,shrinking budgets etc etc) so I signed up at last years show and will just wait and see and hope they somehow manage to get one or two interesting and unexpected participants. So yesterday was a wonderful start, but I still reckon they've got one hell of a task on their hands this year.
harkins

Postby spellow3010 on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 9:58 am

Wow... what a start... :biggrin: :biggrin: :up: :rock: :cool: :clap:

I don't think I've seen a Harrier of any shape or form in the air since RIAT 2010. Muchos gracias por favor San Miguel, uno, dos, tres, cohonnes etc.

Many thanks Spain... and nice work DBH on unleashing this diamond of an announcement nice and early. That might shift a few Friday tickets... Would be interesting to see if it did actually fly on the Friday... but that's the gamble (as Tony Green used to say on Bullseye).

<nice warm feeling as I sit back in my chair with fond memories>
spellow3010

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:26 am

spellow3010 wrote:. Would be interesting to see if it did actually fly on the Friday... but that's the gamble (as Tony Green used to say on Bullseye).

Its explicitly stated on the RIAT website that it is flying all three days.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:26 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Its explicitly stated on the RIAT website that it is flying all three days.

Link?
I've just had a quick look on the website -- News page, confirmed aircraft page, aircraft in the spotlight page....none of those explicitly state anything about what days it'll be flying on
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Adie1980 on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:34 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:Its explicitly stated on the RIAT website that it is flying all three days.

Link?
I've just had a quick look on the website -- News page, confirmed aircraft page, aircraft in the spotlight page....none of those explicitly state anything about what days it'll be flying on

Here you go: https://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/aircr ... -from-this

It's in the latest updates section :smile:
Attending Daks over Normandy (Duxford), Yeovilton Air Day 2019, RIAT 2019 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2019
Adie1980

Postby pbeardmore on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:39 pm

Given the price issue re the Friday tickets, it makes perfect sense to confirm that it will fly on all three days. It's a real crowd pleaser.
Last edited by pbeardmore on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby MiG_Eater on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:41 pm

Is the Queen just going on Friday?
MiG_Eater

Postby RiatMarketing on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 1:16 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
spellow3010 wrote:. Would be interesting to see if it did actually fly on the Friday... but that's the gamble (as Tony Green used to say on Bullseye).

Still TBC - that sentence shouldn't have made it online. Busy day yesterday..
Air Tattoo Marketing Team
RiatMarketing

Postby verreli on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 3:57 pm

RiatMarketing wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:

Still TBC - that sentence shouldn't have made it online. Busy day yesterday..

So, might still be a case of "Look at what you could've won" for the Friday visitors.
verreli

Postby 3enrique on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 1:25 pm

Do you think we can now be expecting weekly Thursday updates?
3enrique

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo