RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Abbo46

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by Abbo46 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
Chris G wrote:Was hoping for the Pat Suisse after Sanicole announced them earlier in the week.

Sanicole announcing something doesn't seem to mean that team's schedule is generally available, or that their participation elsewhere is known. Two years ago Sanicole announced all sorts of stuff out of sequence with everywhere else, including the Red Arrows, which is most unusual. I wouldn't take it to mean the Swiss aren't coming.

Would be very unusual for the Swiss to have only confirmed one half of their participation to RIAT, I'd take that to mean we won't be getting the Patrouille Suisse this year.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Its January...

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

I'm fully aware of that. My point is that, in the past, the Swiss have confirmed their full contingent and that has been released as one update. I'm sure if the Patrouille Suisse were attending RIAT, the team would have been informed and they'd have been confirmed alongside the Hornet.

I'd love to be proved wrong but, it's unlikely the team will attend this year.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Jordanian Falcons announced.

I'm not going this year and i wont succumb to such high class acts being teased in front of me to try and get me to buy tickets. M'eh!
Got to love Russianhardware

CJS

Post by CJS »

Airshowhammer wrote:Its January...

Only just :sweat:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

G67

Post by G67 »

rockfordstone wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:No sign of the ubiquitous (and quite nice) desert Hercules in the update though... maybe later.

isn't it their support plane? so its a given isn't it?

Technically not, as the RJF are a self-supporting team. When the air force Herk is present they can avail of its services, but it's not assigned to the team. They often self-deploy on tours within nothing but their own aircraft.

Remember, the RJF pilots are ex-RJAF but the team isn't part of the air force.
Last edited by G67 on Thu 24 Jan 2019, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

CJS wrote:

Not for much longer.....
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

Brevet Cable wrote:
CJS wrote:

Not for much longer.....

Only a few days...

No JP added to the static park yet (and I've already bought my ticket). Starting to worry...

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

I know many go do something else when they are on but their display is really good, I think (and the new scheme is much prettier than the previous one in my personal view), but even the scepticists would have to admit they bring something different to the table and add to the flavour of any show. The team is also very nice and cool to meet.

Let's never take anything for granted! You'd miss them if they wouldn't be there.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I enjoyed what I saw of them on the Saturday in 2017... They went up and tried in very bad conditions. Didn't see the Sunday one as I was inside the RAF Voyager when they were up.

3enrique

Post by 3enrique »

The f35 demo team updated their schedule and they are now free the weekend of RIAT

Edit: they've now deleted the post with the new schedule from Instagram

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

3enrique wrote:The f35 demo team updated their schedule and they are now free the weekend of RIAT

Edit: they've now deleted the post with the new schedule from Instagram

I’d love to see them, the new display looks quality. Not keeping my hopes up though, they’re still at a show on RIAT weekend according to their site

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Reds now added to the website.

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Reds officially confirmed no surprise.
Thomas

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Which means my first :tumbleweed: MEH!! :tumbleweed: of the year has been re-invoked.
아직도 숨어있다

AMB

Post by AMB »

Brevet Cable wrote:Which means my first :tumbleweed: MEH!! :tumbleweed: of the year has been re-invoked.

Quite agree! It's all very well saying we shouldn't take regular acts for granted, but we are seeing the same acts and actual aircraft year after year after year and paying an increasing amount just for the priviledge. The RJF and the RJAF C-130H are examples. Why can't they suggest the RJAF send a CASA 295 instead of the C-130H, as one has never attended a RIAT yet?

We havn't seen the "Turkish Stars" team here since 2008 (the show that never was) yet they keep sending the " Solo Turk" F-16.
Adrian

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Chris G wrote:Was hoping for the Pat Suisse after Sanicole announced them earlier in the week.

Display dates now out, no appearance in the UK.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

AMB wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:Which means my first :tumbleweed: MEH!! :tumbleweed: of the year has been re-invoked.

Quite agree! It's all very well saying we shouldn't take regular acts for granted, but we are seeing the same acts and actual aircraft year after year after year and paying an increasing amount just for the priviledge. The RJF and the RJAF C-130H are examples. Why can't they suggest the RJAF send a CASA 295 instead of the C-130H, as one has never attended a RIAT yet?

We havn't seen the "Turkish Stars" team here since 2008 (the show that never was) yet they keep sending the " Solo Turk" F-16.

Didn't realise the Jordanian Hercules and Turkish contingents for this year had been announced? :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

AMB

Post by AMB »

capercaillie wrote:
Didn't realise the Jordanian Hercules and Turkish contingents for this year had been announced? :whistle:

It's a foregone conclusion - doesn't take a crystal ball - the Jordanians are on the inventory aren't they? :whistle:
Adrian

CJS

Post by CJS »

Tell me this isn't the annual 'why can't DBH sort us out something more exotic from [insert nation] than what they always send us' argument already?

Just out of interest AMB, when you say
AMB wrote:we are seeing the same acts and actual aircraft year after year
remind me when we last had a Harrier display? We've had 2 stellar updates (one as rare as hen's teeth) and 2 stalwarts who please, in one case, basically everyone and in the other case nearly as many.

Not popping at you per se AMB, just wishing that the same old same old arguments can be given a rest this year, especially from those who have seen it all before.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I didn't know the RJF please everyone...... :whistle: :wink:
아직도 숨어있다

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Brevet Cable wrote:I didn't know the RJF please everyone...... :whistle: :wink:

Oh I think they do, people either watch them or deal with their weak bladders at that point. Everybody happy! :lol:

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

AMB wrote:

Yes we do see the RJF every year...it's nothing to do with King Hussein,followed by his widow and currently his son Prince Feisal being the offiicial Air Tattoo Patron since 1982 I presume ?

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

AMB wrote:

How many Extras can you fit in a Casa?

I for one will never tire of seeing a 16 prop Hercules smoking away, especially when they keep it low & fast on departure day :love:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Domvickery wrote: I for one will never tire of seeing a 16 prop Hercules smoking away, especially when they keep it low & fast on departure day :love:

I'm still excitedly awaiting my first sight of a '16 prop Hercules' :whistle: Although I should be content with all the 4-prop (4 bladed x 4 prop =16 blade ?? ) Herc's I've seen. :wink:
PS:-I used to be pedantic, but I've checked repeatedly & carefully to find it was just mild over-concern! :yahoo: