Questions for RIAT 2009

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Eizo

Questions for RIAT 2009

Post by Eizo »

Hi,

as I already wrote in other thread I think of visiting the RIAT in 2009.

First:
Can somebody tell me if I miss much if I only go for Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Friday I expect the trainings, and Saturday/Sunday Airshow. Departures I do not know if I need them, are they good to catch? I doubt all stuff will leave on monday, so I think of saving money... ;) UK is a expensive for visits! :P

Second: TICKETS
Is grandstand worth the money? Which tickets are the best for a visit like Friday to Sunday (is Friday open for "public"? (I do not really count on price difference if I attend an airshow once in perhaps 10 years) But as I am also no rich guy I only want to pay if there is a advantage for it!

Thxs for Infos

As there is no "history" in this forum I cannot search! ;) So please not hints with: Use the search engine! :looser:

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Re: Questions for RIAT 2009

Post by Ben H »

All the stuff will leave on Monday, so it is probably worth it. Your best plan would to be to go for a MACH2 Ticket - it includes Fri-Mon entry to the FRIAT grandstand and Park and View, as well as some other nice little things shown on the RIAT website:

Your passport to the sky!! 250 MEMBERS ONLY - Fri 17 July – Mon 20 July
MACH 2 is for aviologists who want to see the bigger picture. This four day package gives FRIAT members the chance to enjoy the thrilling build up to the Air Tattoo, including rehearsals on the Friday, all the weekend events and exclusive photo opportunities when the aircraft depart on the Monday.

* Four day package (Fri 17 July – Mon 20 July)
* Enclosure access from Friday to Monday
* Middle band seat in elevated grandstand
* Free RIAT 2009 official souvenir programme
* Left luggage facility
* Dedicated parking on Friday and Monday

MACH 2 Package Costs: Adult (16yrs+) £150.00Child (5-15yrs) £75.00

:smile:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Thxs a lot. Is the grandstand far away from the fence/crowdline? I mean I have not fun sitting in a grandstand beeing 200m behind the crowdline, that would need a 500mm + Lense! :grin:

EDIT: Forgot, how much is normal day ticket (1 or 2 days)? I only found the MACH tickets on homepage!

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

I believe last year it was somewhere around £35 per show day and £20 for Park and view on Friday and Monday.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Random wrote:I believe last year it was somewhere around £35 per show day and £20 for Park and view on Friday and Monday.

Thxs, and could you provide me infos about grandstand? Are there any pics around that I can take a look at?

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The public grandstand is set back with roughly 70m (rought guess from looking from friat grandstand) of the public in front of it.

If you want to do multiple days, best bet is FRIAT mach 2; an ok mid-grandstand seat which does not go to ground level (whole thing is elevated 3-4 metres) with the option to sit on the patch of grass (or as this year: the lake) infront of the grandstand.

Andy

razor01

Post by razor01 »

without any doubt MACH 2 is your best value for Fri-Mon - works out cheaper than individual elements

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Monday is better than Friday! :smile:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Jumbojet380 wrote:Monday is better than Friday! :smile:

I will go now from Thursday to Tuesday! :yahoo: Hope the weather will be better than last year! ;)

SHARKY 17

Post by SHARKY 17 »

ChrisR wrote:
Jumbojet380 wrote:Monday is better than Friday! :smile:

I will go now from Thursday to Tuesday! :yahoo: Hope the weather will be better than last year! ;)

So do i mate,So do i :rock:
Spartans,Prepare for glory.