2009 tickets

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
vulcan57

2009 tickets

Post by vulcan57 »

Is'nt it this month that the earlybird tickets for next year go on sale? If so, any insight as to what the prices will be like? This time last year we were in deep debate about the big increases, suspect that that will be nothing to what we should expect for next year.

Liveforriat

Re: 2009 tickets

Post by Liveforriat »

Was thinking exactly the same this morning!!

After all the moaning last year day specific would have completely proved there worth this year if one day was cancelled and one was not!

My prediction

£35 Early Bird

£39 After Feb 28th

£48 On the Day

£42 Non Day Specific

Hope I havent given them ideas, really cant see it hitting the £50 mark !!!
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

Monty

Post by Monty »

Liveforriat wrote:Was thinking exactly the same this morning!!

After all the moaning last year day specific would have completely proved there worth this year if one day was cancelled and one was not!

My prediction

£35 Early Bird

£39 After Feb 28th

£48 On the Day

£42 Non Day Specific

Hope I havent given them ideas, really cant see it hitting the £50 mark !!!

A lthough this is expensive still think it si good value for money, where else can you go to an event for a whole day for under £50, for example my friends are going to the oasis gig at wembley that weekend are spending £50 on tickets for that and its only an afternoon
:smile:
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

I dont believe it. Been to the last 10 RIAT's and I've just given my brother £50 for my Oasis ticket. He said it was in June. What a kerfuffle.

jordan

Post by jordan »

I don't mind paying a little more this year than previous years if it's neccesary for them to recoup some losses and provide a show that's as entertaining as usual.
What was their financial situation like after dealing with all the refunds? Were they insured against cancellation or did RAFCTE have to absorb the losses?

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

They have usually put something up on their web site by now saying when the tickets will go on sale. Hope there are no major problems. :confused:

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

This has occured to me there has been no talk at all of when tickets go on sale. However I have just read the book "Airshow" ,which followed the planning process of RIAT 1998, and in the book the first meetings took place in october of 1997 so with this in mind and it being only early November perhaps it is not too out of the ordinary especially when you consider the fallout that had to be dealt with following the cancellation I would expect there to be slight delays in getting everything sorted especially financially. Another aspect would be that to price tickets they would need to know how much the insurance will be and I expect it is difficult for them to get an insurance premium without proving that they have adequate contingency for unseasonal or as its becoming seasonal summer rains! To protect the grass areas of both the car park and the showground will not be a simple or cheap operation and will require a great deal of planning so perhaps a delay in the normal ticket release dates is to be expected this year. Id rather have to wait untill next year to know if that ensures that the show is both on and on at where it should be and thats Fairford!
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

How long does it usually take for Mach2 tickets to be sold out? Just thinking of to buy one, but 150 pound 8months before... :whistle:

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

Certainly taking their time with ticket prices this year. There is a distinct lack of any announcements come to that.

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

Noticed the official RIAT website has had an overhaul, new RIAT 2009 poster is up sporting a Tiger Typhoon, a Rapael and an F22, now I know these posters mean nothing but we can all live in hope!!

The whole website seems to have been updated a little new photos etc!

Hopefully a few new announcements by the end of the week!

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

My problem has been solved already. :grin:

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

Ticket prices are now up on the website :yahoo:
Previously known as WATFC and any Similarity to any persons alive or dead is purely coincidental

225Mriya

Post by 225Mriya »

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/Airshow_Tickets

Admission Tickets to The Royal International Air Tattoo

•Gain admission to the showground
•Under 16's go FREE when accompanied by an adult
ticket holder
•FREE Car Parking

Earlybird Admission Saturday - £30.95
Earlybird Admission Sunday - £30.95

Earlybird Admission Saturday or Sunday £39.95

All RIAT admission tickets must be brought in advance

Free car parking - but doesn't say where though!! :tumbleweed:
If only the F-35B could loose as much weight.....

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

225Mriya wrote:http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/Airshow_Tickets

Free car parking - but doesn't say where though!! :tumbleweed:

Coming to a field near you soon :whistle: :grin:
Previously known as WATFC and any Similarity to any persons alive or dead is purely coincidental

ramjet

Post by ramjet »

Just read the T's and C's, makes interesting reading :question:
It looks like if the Air Tattoo is cancelled for any reason in 2009 you won't get your money back!
Let's just hope it's nothing like 2008 :grin:

Cheers,
Roger
--- http://www.milairpix.com
--- http://www.fighterphotos.com

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

Only terms and conditions Ican see are those for the 2008 show and a full refund was given anyway! Are there some that I am not seeing?

It does seem like the show is now all ticket with no on the day access. Again another attempt to balance the numbers across the 2 days I suspect.

£31 is a good early bird price in my opinion considering the insurance problems that no doubt came from this year! Going to order my ticket today!!

Need some news on totterdown now so im all set!

banksy

Post by banksy »

Good to see that there is no booking fee on the earlybird tickets this year too.

Can't actually recall if that was the case last year, but that's one fee we can do without when buying tickets!

One question though, the £39.95 tickets - does that mean you can gain entry on either day with the ticket that you buy, or is that day specific too? From the website it looks as though its an open ticket mind but could just do with the confirmation.

Just wondering as £9 extra may not be too bad a price to pay if it all depends on the weather again this year.
Chester FC Fan Engagement Director
Twitter: @banks247

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

The £39 ticket is non day specific so basically you can go saturday or sunday so just like the old ticketing system! These are limited in numbers for obvious reasons! Thinking about it I may purchase one of these as you say its not a great deal more considering what you get out of it! In fro a penny in for a pound!

waiting for a big breaking news now something to the tune of F22 to Revisit RIAT in 2009!

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Not too bad. Still trying to decide whether to FRIAT or not. :whistle:

Graham R

Post by Graham R »

Just ordered my FRIAT Ticket today a first for me this year :yahoo:
Graham
Low flyer
Canon eos 50d,eos 400d
Canon 70-300 usm is
Sigma 150 - 500
Sigma 70-300
Sigma 10-20

Oi Hubble sit down

DrBenR

Post by DrBenR »

Decided not to buy FRIAT ticket for 2009 - hopefully I'll be guarding the FRIAT gate next year as a volunteer. At least that way I should be able to get inside every day in case history repeats itself 2 years in a row (grabs hard hat sharpish!!)

Ben R

PS - for anyone who has volunteered before, what are the arrangements for accommodation? Sure I've seen the FRIAT gentleman who reminds me of Col. Sanders/KFC in Kempsford campsite!

jordan

Post by jordan »

Anybody ordered tickets but still waiting for them? I ordered mine on the 22nd but they didn't turn up in todays post.

I guess they must be taking a couple of well-deserved weeks off over the Christmas and New Year period, so hopefully they'll show up next week along with the Vulcan calendar I ordered.

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

jordan wrote:Anybody ordered tickets but still waiting for them? I ordered mine on the 22nd but they didn't turn up in todays post.

I guess they must be taking a couple of well-deserved weeks off over the Christmas and New Year period, so hopefully they'll show up next week along with the Vulcan calendar I ordered.

I've been to the last three RIAT's and found that the tickets have taken ages, a couple of months IIRC. I ordered mine as soon as they were availiable, but don't expect to recieve them until maybe the end of January at least.

Main thing is don't panic, as I did the first couple of times, they will come.

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

jordan wrote:Anybody ordered tickets but still waiting for them? I ordered mine on the 22nd but they didn't turn up in todays post.

You only receive a letter first, in my case for FRIAT. Tickets will be forwarded week commencing 15th June 2009. Correct me if I am wrong.

jordan

Post by jordan »

Ah that's fair enough. Cheers for the info.