Wishlist for 2012

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
JJC

Re: Wishlist for 2012

Post by JJC »

JackyRIATWilson wrote:
Thebuzu wrote:From my source, the RSV Spartan should be displaying at RIAT.....

alizam wrote:

and the source is very reliable :)

And this source is? Seriously guys no-one will believe you if you do not quote a source. I will not have another stealth-esque rant over this.

Okay Jackie, we all know you're trying to play the hardened, cynical enthusiast, but come on and give at break for a while. Perhaps it was word of mouth? :cuppa:

Also, Thebuzu wrote 'should' which does not imply it is confirmed, but what is most likely to be appearing.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

JackyRIATWilson

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

JJC wrote:
JackyRIATWilson wrote:

alizam wrote:

And this source is? Seriously guys no-one will believe you if you do not quote a source. I will not have another stealth-esque rant over this.

Okay Jackie, we all know you're trying to play the hardened, cynical enthusiast, but come on and give at break for a while. Perhaps it was word of mouth? :cuppa:

Also, Thebuzu wrote 'should' which does not imply it is confirmed, but what is most likely to be appearing.

There's no "playing about" about this JJC. If he knows it "should" then WHO told him it should? This "word of mouth" excuse is pointless without actually naming the source. I think a lot of us on here would like to see for ourselves the "source" which has been displayed.

Chopper81

Post by Chopper81 »

Is this not a wish list!!?? Surely he would have put the Spartan on participants if he knew it was there for defo! :lmao: chill out

alizam

Post by alizam »

Chopper81 wrote:Is this not a wish list!!?? Surely he would have put the Spartan on participants if he knew it was there for defo! :lmao: chill out

he asked the pilot and he told him himself he would be there...

alizam

Post by alizam »

alizam wrote:
Chopper81 wrote:Is this not a wish list!!?? Surely he would have put the Spartan on participants if he knew it was there for defo! :lmao: chill out

happy jacky?

JJC

Post by JJC »

JackyRIATWilson wrote:
JJC wrote:
JackyRIATWilson wrote:

alizam wrote:

There's no "playing about" about this JJC. If he knows it "should" then WHO told him it should? This "word of mouth" excuse is pointless without actually naming the source. I think a lot of us on here would like to see for ourselves the "source" which has been displayed.

Well, we already know that the RSV intend to send a flying asset. And with the skylift theme, the C-27J certainly fits. This is a wishlist after all, not the confirmed participants thread, therefore I would suggest this is the most appropriate place for such things. Maybe he just asked the pilot and didn't get a name? Therefore, the C-27J pilot is what we would know the source as. :roll:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

JackyRIATWilson

Yes but when you say "wish list" the last thing you want to do is start saying "It's there I know".

alizam wrote:
alizam wrote:

happy jacky?

Not in writing. Loads of people say "Yeah I'll be there", only to not show up. I'll only be happy when RIAT confirm it themselves. Right now I think you should keep the "confirmed" stuff until it actually is. I know this is a wish list and great that you wish the Spartan to be there, I really want the Super Hornet to be there (and seeing as it is a Farnborough year, there is some hope), but I haven't said "ITS CONFIRMED" when we simply don't know. JJC, it does fit with the skylift theme, but you have to remember that it's the RSV's decision whether they come.

Chopper81 - if he knows it's coming why hasn't he put it on there?

Thebuzu

Post by Thebuzu »

First and foremost, my spartan reply was intended to the person who remarked that we should have an RSV aircraft and I felt that I should post here in order to reply to that person.

Secondly as said, I got the info from the display pilot himself as he is a friend of mine.

Thirdly, I am surprised by the reaction as it seems that if you don't name the source you get flamed. I am sorry but next time I will not post again so that I don't get this kind of 'Thank you'

Ruben

alizam

Post by alizam »

Thebuzu wrote:First and foremost, my spartan reply was intended to the person who remarked that we should have an RSV aircraft and I felt that I should post here in order to reply to that person.

Secondly as said, I got the info from the display pilot himself as he is a friend of mine.

Thirdly, I am surprised by the reaction as it seems that if you don't name the source you get flamed. I am sorry but next time I will not post again so that I don't get this kind of 'Thank you'

Ruben

well said :)

Thebuzu

Post by Thebuzu »

My Wishlist would be:

Hind
Any type of Flanker
Greek F16
Cambrai Mirage 2000
Dassault Rafale
Italian Typhoon
Slovak Mig29
Romanian Mig21

Any one of those and I will be happier than I am...

JackyRIATWilson

Thebuzu wrote:First and foremost, my spartan reply was intended to the person who remarked that we should have an RSV aircraft and I felt that I should post here in order to reply to that person.

Ruben

My argument Ruben, is this. Why didn't you put the display pilot said it in the first place? That information there is grand, just what we need. Not your fault, but other people in the past ruined similar threads. Thank you for specifying, hopefully it will confirm soon.

My reaction was based on similar posts where some users would post incredible aircraft, like a flying B-1B, quoting a "reliable source", then it turns out that source ISN'T reliable and the thread becomes clogged. Feel free to post, just because I questioned it doesn't mean other people aren't wanting to hear it.

Thebuzu

Post by Thebuzu »

Jacky,

I didn't actually post the source immediately is due to the fact that I didn't have to 'go-ahead and post the info I gave you' from the pilot. Furthermore it is not fully confirmed and that is why I put it in this thread.

Also, WE don't know if the RSV has an agreement with their pilots not to mention anything out before it is on the website and I don't want to ruin everything out, as this website is quite popular.
Ruben

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Thebuzu wrote:My Wishlist would be:

Cambrai Mirage 2000

Might be a bit hard EC 1/12 Cambrésis disbanded end of last month :sad:
Gary

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

JackyRIATWilson wrote: Feel free to post, just because I questioned it doesn't mean other people aren't wanting to hear it.

There you are Ruben, you have it on good authority you can carry on posting now. :wink:

It makes sense especially after they were award winners last year, would be nice to see their Typhoon or AMX display this year as well instead of the Tornado, a couple of special AMXs for the static wouldn't go amiss either. :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Thebuzu

Post by Thebuzu »

tomcatforever wrote:
Thebuzu wrote:My Wishlist would be:

Cambrai Mirage 2000

Might be a bit hard EC 1/12 Cambrésis disbanded end of last month :sad:

I actually have to look in the net to see if the special liveried aircraft still wears the special livery. That would be quite nice if it still exists and we would have it at Fairford...

JackyRIATWilson

Thebuzu wrote:Jacky,

I didn't actually post the source immediately is due to the fact that I didn't have to 'go-ahead and post the info I gave you' from the pilot. Furthermore it is not fully confirmed and that is why I put it in this thread.

Also, WE don't know if the RSV has an agreement with their pilots not to mention anything out before it is on the website and I don't want to ruin everything out, as this website is quite popular.

Ruben

OK, in that case, next time, just say "spoke to the pilot of the Spartan and they are interested in RIAT." The RIAT website has started this sort of news on their updates, so it does happen. When people say something is turning up but don't provide the location of the source, it's quite normal for some of us to immediately think "Troll." I'm just trying to block out the fakes from the truth, by providing the info this becomes an acceptable post.

By all means post again, don't let me get in the way, I'm just very critical sometimes. :cuppa:

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Great News if the C-27J Spartan is confirmed for this year, missed it last year due to only doing the Saturday.
Is the Italian Typhoon display performed by the RSV aswell?

christian
Lakes Lightning Collection

Thebuzu

Post by Thebuzu »

chrisward123 wrote:Great News if the C-27J Spartan is confirmed for this year, missed it last year due to only doing the Saturday.
Is the Italian Typhoon display performed by the RSV aswell?

christian

Yes it is.... It's going to Florennes so hopefully it will be in the skies above Fairford.

Oh btw Jacky, I do understand your reasoning and agree with it...

JackyRIATWilson

capercaillie wrote:
JackyRIATWilson wrote: Feel free to post, just because I questioned it doesn't mean other people aren't wanting to hear it.

There you are Ruben, you have it on good authority you can carry on posting now. :wink:

Damn right.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

JackyRIATWilson wrote:OK, in that case, next time, just say "spoke to the pilot of the Spartan and they are interested in RIAT."

Sir, yes, sir! :dunno:

JackyRIATWilson

DeanW wrote:
JackyRIATWilson wrote:OK, in that case, next time, just say "spoke to the pilot of the Spartan and they are interested in RIAT."

Sir, yes, sir! :dunno:

Well would you stop posting if one person said something? I'm saying to him not to let one person i.e. me stop him from posting. Blumming post away regardless.

exocet_uk

Post by exocet_uk »

Damn right.

Chopper81

Post by Chopper81 »

I really hope the Spartans there, but will see it at Rome in June anyway!

I see the solo Turk and Zeus team are both free still riat weekend! Yes Please!!!!

antal

Post by antal »

Back to the topic..... my list for 2012 is............(possible?!?)

Gripen from Sweden and Hungary
F16 from Greece
Mig29 from Poland and/or Slovakia
Mi2000 from UAE
NH90 from Finland
Rafale from France
And really hoping for B1b and B52 (flying) from the USA of course...

JackyRIATWilson

exocet_uk wrote:
Damn right.

It's like talking to Sheldon Cooper and sarcasm...

My wish list includes the 48FW - any updates on them at all? :dunno: