camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby parabola50 on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

They're open for new bookings now.
parabola50

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby agdickie on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:40 pm

Balls, too late for the last post :sad: :grin:

EDIT - Strike my last, god bless the 1815 pick up :up:
Agdickie on Airliners.net
Hey jet pilots! Do a barrell roll!
User avatar
agdickie
UKAR Staff

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Mantog on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

I've never camped at Kempsford before, always ended up at that site where the neighbours have a deliberate 'we hate the airshow' all-night party so I'm looking forward to my 1st stay there this year, just noticed this on their terms and conditions:

Due to the one way system imposed by the show organisers and the police,
we must obey the following restrictions:
Both Saturday 7th July and Sunday 8th July
Traffic cannot leave the site between 5am and 2pm
and
Traffic cannot enter the site between 2pm and 10pm
Please note these times are subject to change and will be confirmed on the
day by the local traffic management team.
Failure to comply with this will jeopardize our future licence applications.


Glad I spotted it, thought I'd share it in case newbies to Kempsford like myself weren't aware! I had planned to turn up late Saturday afternoon!
Mantog

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby parabola50 on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 7:09 am

When do they usually run out of spaces? I haven't been able to book yet and I'm worried that I'll miss out.
parabola50

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby sismore on Fri 06 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

Usauly by the end of April is when its normaly close to full :smile:
User avatar
sismore

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby parabola50 on Thu 03 May 2012, 9:20 am

Does the booking form have to be posted? The form says this

Please complete and return to Air Necessities Ltd, 4 Market Place, Fairford, GL7 4AB. Your
passes will be dispatched in the first week of June. Email: info@airshowcamping.co.uk,


I don't know if the email address is added just for generally contacting them, or if it's because the form can also be emailed. Does anyone know?
parabola50

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby PD31 on Thu 03 May 2012, 6:07 pm

Yes, it needs to be posted.
Cheers

Dave
User avatar
PD31

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Scampi on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

My pass arrived this morning,looking forward to the additions George has made at the F&P :clap:
User avatar
Scampi

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby shaggy101 on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

Scampi wrote:My pass arrived this morning,looking forward to the additions George has made at the F&P :clap:


Same, looks like a good place too stay. Never been before, really looking forward too it now
Dan,

1947 (Birstall) ATC

Nulli Secundus
User avatar
shaggy101

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Scampi on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:58 pm

shaggy101 wrote:Same, looks like a good place too stay. Never been before, really looking forward too it now


Im sure you'll love it,when are you arriving? As you've never been before you may have to get involved with George's "first timers" iniaition event :grin: but it can be tactically avoided!
User avatar
Scampi

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby shaggy101 on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

Scampi wrote:
shaggy101 wrote:Same, looks like a good place too stay. Never been before, really looking forward too it now


Im sure you'll love it,when are you arriving? As you've never been before you may have to get involved with George's "first timers" iniaition event :grin: but it can be tactically avoided!


Originally on Saturday but should be Friday afternoon. Should I be afraid of this "first timers initiation" :smile:
Dan,

1947 (Birstall) ATC

Nulli Secundus
User avatar
shaggy101

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Concorde216 on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

Or you could just give a small white lie and say "I've been before." :wink:

We wont tell anyone :grin:

My pass arrived today, that and the FRIAT pack last week, I just need to get the Cameras out and cleaned, ready for July! :biggrin:
Concorde216

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Scampi on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 8:33 am

shaggy101 wrote:Originally on Saturday but should be Friday afternoon. Should I be afraid of this "first timers initiation" :smile:


Bar will be open by then so good time to arrive,I'm getting there tuesday morning and hopefully finishing my set up just in time for the bar to open up!

The iniaition is just a bit of a laugh really,unless your there till the end...... :whistle:
User avatar
Scampi

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Scampi on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 8:37 am

Concorde216 wrote:Or you could just give a small white lie and say "I've been before." :wink:


One of the many tactics ( :grin: ) I've seen used, also a well timed toilet trip works, and dissapearing in the crowd at the bar to "buy a round" for your mates seems to get you a pass, this also makes sure that said "mates" dont grass you up to george, and I should know, I've done the grassing! :biggrin:
User avatar
Scampi

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby G-CVIX on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:36 am

Tuesday to Monday - Excited!

Has it not sold out yet?
User avatar
G-CVIX

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby shaggy101 on Wed 20 Jun 2012, 5:15 pm

Can i be really cheeky and ask a huge favour. Is anyone going too Kempsford on the friday from the Swindon area that would be able too offer me a lift. I can get there on public transport i believe, but as it works out i will be milling around Swindon for a few hours waiting for the bus too come. Besides I've never been any where Swindon before and will probably end up getting lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Dan,

1947 (Birstall) ATC

Nulli Secundus
User avatar
shaggy101

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Fumbles on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 5:13 am

shaggy101 wrote:Can i be really cheeky and ask a huge favour. Is anyone going too Kempsford on the friday from the Swindon area that would be able too offer me a lift. I can get there on public transport i believe, but as it works out i will be milling around Swindon for a few hours waiting for the bus too come. Besides I've never been any where Swindon before and will probably end up getting lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.


I'll already be at Kempsford by then. But two years ago. We took a cab from the Holiday inn express by the train station in Swindon right to the gates of Kempsford. We were charged £15 We were having a few drinks in town and didn't want to drive. Just make sure if you do take a cab. Ask the driver for a flat rate. Provinding you don't get a lift in by somebody here.
User avatar
Fumbles
UKAR Moderators

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby shaggy101 on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:16 pm

Fumbles wrote:I'll already be at Kempsford by then. But two years ago. We took a cab from the Holiday inn express by the train station in Swindon right to the gates of Kempsford. We were charged £15 We were having a few drinks in town and didn't want to drive. Just make sure if you do take a cab. Ask the driver for a flat rate. Provinding you don't get a lift in by somebody here.


Thanks for the advice, will try & remember too.
Dan,

1947 (Birstall) ATC

Nulli Secundus
User avatar
shaggy101

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Fumbles on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

Well Mrs. Fumbs and I have arrived in the UK. They will let anybody into this country :lol:
Anyways we stayed in Swindon last night for our first night in the UK. Hung over and sleepy from watching the game last night. We drove near fairford this morning on the way to Newquay and I can say even with the rains. The fields. Look and feel rather dry. One week to go! Bring on more sun.
User avatar
Fumbles
UKAR Moderators

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Clive1 on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 3:09 pm

Afternoon
All going well on the site. Pegs are in - fencing going up as we speak.
George googling new initiation rituals, and Therasa has dusted off her shorts.
Ground looking good.
Few spaces left if anyone making last minute decisions.
See you next week.
Clive

www.airshowcamping.co.uk
User avatar
Clive1

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Scampi on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

Thanks for the update Clive
User avatar
Scampi

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby PD31 on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Just arrived. If you're on your way to the campsite, remember to get some wellies.....you're going to need them.


Edit: one of the larger vehicles is currently stuck, and an RAC van was struggling earlier.
Cheers

Dave
User avatar
PD31

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Scampi on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

Do they not have the sheet roadways down this year?
User avatar
Scampi

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby PD31 on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:12 pm

The sheets are being put down in the car parks at the moment. Don't recall us ever having them on the campsite.
Cheers

Dave
User avatar
PD31

Re: camping at Kempsford RIAT 2012

Postby Geezer100 on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:16 pm

am sure they did couple of years ago. but only in places, not all the way.
User avatar
Geezer100

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests