All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Big Eric

Re: Kempsford Camping

Post by Big Eric »

It's looking better than it did in 2008............................ :sad:

shaggy101

Post by shaggy101 »

The_Tr00per wrote:It's going to feel really strange not plodding about in wellies through the mud for a change.

Can you ask the early arrivals at the campsite not to drink all the beer before the weekend please?

No promises :rock:
Dan,

Geezer100

Post by Geezer100 »

no promises here either, tho if you want to buy me a beer, I'll make sure there's one enough left...

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

Geezer100 wrote:no promises here either, tho if you want to buy me a beer, I'll make sure there's one enough left...

I think you owe me a beer mate :up:

Geezer100

Post by Geezer100 »

Burleysway, I'll buy you more than one throughout the week no doubt!

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

The_Tr00per wrote:It's going to feel really strange not plodding about in wellies through the mud for a change.

Can you ask the early arrivals at the campsite not to drink all the beer before the weekend please?

Hmm can't promise anything, since we already started. :lol:

The_Tr00per

Post by The_Tr00per »

Fumbles wrote:

Can you post a list of the ales/beers/ciders on offer this year please? Or a photo of the ale list?

twirl2688

Post by twirl2688 »

The_Tr00per wrote:
Fumbles wrote:

Can you post a list of the ales/beers/ciders on offer this year please? Or a photo of the ale list?

As requested a photo of available beers.

Sorry we drank them all already :lol:
what is the significance of that flag

DannyB

Post by DannyB »

As a first time camper at kempsford can anyone give me an idea what the food is like, I've got a 4 yr old plus a wife do we need to bring food (arriving tomorrow) or are we good to rely on the on site catering?

Plus bar advertises Ale and Cider, for those of us (me) that drink lager, is there any or do I need to provide my own?

Ta for the advice and hope to have a beer with some of you tomorrow evening :-)

Danny

The_Tr00per

Post by The_Tr00per »

DannyB wrote:As a first time camper at kempsford can anyone give me an idea what the food is like, I've got a 4 yr old plus a wife do we need to bring food (arriving tomorrow) or are we good to rely on the on site catering?

Plus bar advertises Ale and Cider, for those of us (me) that drink lager, is there any or do I need to provide my own?

Ta for the advice and hope to have a beer with some of you tomorrow evening :-)

Danny

Hi DannyB
The on-site catering is pretty good, and I am a fussy diner :) They serve breakfast, lunch and evening meals. They have a good choice and relatively not too expensive. There is also a mini on-site shop for basic food stuffs as well.

They're advertising "Ale and Cider" as they always have a beer festival there. As a lager drinker myself they do have a normal bar serving lager, beer, soft drinks etc. I do try some of the more "golden ales", the ones that have the same colour as lager, as they tend not to be a bitter and have a less hoppy taste.

Hope this helps and I hope you have a very enjoyable weekend and you never know we might bump into each other at the bar :rock:

DannyB

Post by DannyB »

Excellent news, just what I wanted to hear.

Many thanks and hopefully share a beer later on :biggrin:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I would post my opinion of a curtain group in the top field , but I'd probably get banned by the Moderators for breeching various Forum rules !! :whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

mushbuster

Post by mushbuster »

Brevet Cable wrote:I would post my opinion of a curtain group in the top field , but I'd probably get banned by the Moderators for breeching various Forum rules !! :whistle:

Brevet, it wasn't this lot was it? I had heard they were very good.
http://www.curtaincalltheatregroup.co.uk/

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

That's crappy 'spell-chuckers' for you......obviously doesn't think certain is a real word !! :wall:
Still , maybe they are curtains , because they could certainly do with hanging !!
아직도 숨어있다

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

I'm in the top field. Close to the bottom with a Cornwall flag, silver Saab. As I type this someone is still listening to dance music. And I feel like once the entertainment stops it wil get worse. Is this the group you refer to?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

By bottom , do you mean near the field entrance or up against the airfield fence ??
If you can see a big white marquee-type tent up towards the portaloos , that's the ones I'm referring to { arrived today , although their friends have been there since Tuesday/Wednesday }
아직도 숨어있다

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Stayed at Kempsford for 6 nights with some mates and would recommend it to anyone. Cracking location, great entertainment, decent food and booze plus fit barmaids too. :up:

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

i too stayed for 6 days and loved every minute of it and yes the barmaids were stunning! only thing letting it down was that sodding Chaterham race thing on base. Saturday Morning they started at 7am and didnt stop all day apparently!! but that wasnt clives fault.

best ciders for me was the Rasperry Twist and that Westons Perry at 7% really had a kick.

My big regret is i didnt see Rod or a few others there but there is always next year for 6 days :yahoo:

Thanks to Ian Dan Trev and Ben for their company and pee taking especially when i locked myself out of the car in Tescos Cirencester! DOH!
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

twirl2688

Post by twirl2688 »

Had another great year at Kempsford. Great to meet up with everyone again.

Scott
what is the significance of that flag

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

The ladies were lovely indeed!

Also had an excellent stay! Only downside for me was the err "comedy". :wink:

Looking forward to next year.

Edit: I also deduced that the dance music came from the Brazilian crew on base. :grin:

Geezer100

Post by Geezer100 »

Thanks Clive for another brilliant year.
I left this morning, it was bucketing it down :sad: taking down your tent in the pouring rain is not fun. There was some good storms last night.
I didn't think much of the comedy act this year - was I the only one?
Well done to the quiz winners - how many years is that now?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I'm looking to do arrivals and departures next year - would you say this is the place to camp?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Depends where you are located & how tolerant you are.
아직도 숨어있다

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Definitely the place to camp! The only mild ball ache is if you want to get a car off the campsite during the show days.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

DeanW wrote:Definitely the place to camp! The only mild ball ache is if you want to get a car off the campsite during the show days.

Doesn't seem likely. I will make sure I keep an eye out for booking then.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016