RIAT 2014 - Participation Thread

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
PeterR

Re: RIAT 2014 - Participation Thread

Post by PeterR »

Now that the updates have started, can we keep ALL participant discussion in this thread please. :up:

Flare Path

Re: RIAT 2014 invited list

Post by Flare Path »

vulcan57 wrote:From the European airshows Facebook page. Seems the Estonians intend to return with their L-39 and An2.

https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanAirsho ... 28024301:0

I hope so, but I will wait until official confirmation.

The L-39 put on a good display last year - definitely benefited the good weather. :grin:

tu16

Post by tu16 »

Great if true.... hopefully they could send AN-2 41 this time. Also happy for the L39 to be static only......

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

tu16 wrote:Great if true.... hopefully they could send AN-2 41 this time. Also happy for the L39 to be static only......

Great addition, and always good to see an L-39, but I tend to agree. A single L-39 is not an enormously thrilling sight over an airfield the size of Fairford. At any rate; i'll be glad if the Estonians turn up! :smile:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Positive noises from DBH. Best of luck to them. The Lithuanian C-27J would be a nice little gem, if it comes off. I also like the news coming from the US, its obviously tentative but its better than an outright "no", and its nice to see the continued willingness to attend...

Nice to see positivity on these threads too. :up:

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Just been having a nosey on the Patrouille Suisse page and their airshow calendar for 2014 and it appears that they have been "pencilled in" for RIAT! Will be good to see their F5 Tiger II aircraft before they are retired!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Tickets just brought, excitement building, I can feel our first participants getting confirmed pronto :yahoo:

antal

Post by antal »

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Apparently the Estonians might come back.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

JJC

Post by JJC »

Waddo55 wrote:Apparently the Estonians might come back.

...as discussed above, on this very thread. :wink:

EDIT: incorrect information removed.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Sorry my bad, forgot to look.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

Expecting Patrouille Suisse to be confirmed today. Anything else is a bonus!

shaggy101

Post by shaggy101 »

We have been informed that a senior delegation from the Royal Thai Air Force will be attending the Air Tattoo in July and that the viability of sending aircraft to the airshow is currently being assessed.
Whilst we traditionally await official confirmation from an air arm about aircraft participation before publicly announcing it with a 'green light' we are confident enough, from the conversations we have had with the Red Arrows and the wider RAF, to confirm that the team will be taking part in RIAT 2014! Detailed discussions are now taking place to make the most of the Red's participation throughout their stay with us including unique aerial set pieces and unrivalled access on the ground. Details, once finalised, will be announced over the coming months.
We have received a communication from Sedat Yalin Ahbab, former SOLOTURK demo pilot with the Turkish F-16 Demo Team who said that having helped establish the team three years ago, it was time to hand over to a 'younger generation'. His successor as SOLOTURK demo pilot is Capt Yusuf Kurt. It would appear that from now on, Sedat will be flying with Turkish Airlines so, for all of you flying off for a holiday in the Bosphorus next summer - hang on to your hats! We thank him and wish him every success in the future.
Tunisia has said operational commitments mean that it will not be in a position to participate in RIAT 2014.

Positive noises from Thailand :smile:
Dan,

JackyRIATWilson

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

Great news regarding the Royal Thai Air Force, plus the Red Arrows are already coming so we knew that was a certainty. Have to admit I got really excited when I started reading the bit about the SOLO TURK demo... only to read it was just a notice of who the new display pilot is and where the old one is going. :sad:

Jack.

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Another nice little update, one positive I can already draw from the team this year in comparison to 2013 is the increased level of detail that is being provided to us which I think is commenable. Sounds rather promising with regards to the Thai Air Force, would be great to see one of their Basler BT-67s or C130s
Last edited by Ledhead27 on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Bigrob

Post by Bigrob »

Sorry for being a bit slow but don't they fly harriers or am I wrong?

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Post by Ledhead27 »

Bigrob wrote:Sorry for being a bit slow but don't they fly harriers or am I wrong?

Afraid not Big Rob, current fighters JAS 39-C/D Gripens, F16A/B Fighting Falcons and the F5 Freedom Fighter

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Bigrob

Post by Bigrob »

Ledheadpilot27 wrote:
Bigrob wrote:Sorry for being a bit slow but don't they fly harriers or am I wrong?

Afraid not Big Rob, current fighters JAS 39-C/D Gripens, F16A/B Fighting Falcons and the F5 Freedom Fighter

Thanks for the info. Let's hope they send f16 s if they come

tmattias

Post by tmattias »

Did they receive their last Gripens get? Otherwise we might hope for a Thai Gripen to come over before heading to Thailand.

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

If DBH are reading - thanks for the detailed updates. This is a great move... although we did already have an inkling that the red arrows would be attending! :whistle:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Given this year's RIAT themes , I'd have thought a Thai F16 would be more appropriate than a Gripen.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

I'll take some Thai :-)

Another positive update.

Andy

alizam

Post by alizam »

JackyRIATWilson wrote:Great news regarding the Royal Thai Air Force, plus the Red Arrows are already coming so we knew that was a certainty. Have to admit I got really excited when I started reading the bit about the SOLO TURK demo... only to read it was just a notice of who the new display pilot is and where the old one is going. :sad:

Jack.

at least that means that they are in contact with them, or trying to get the demo back in 2014 :)

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Good and encouraging news regarding the Thai's. Again I think an F16 would be appropriate. Do the have a display team???
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

They're called the Blue Phoenix using PC-9's.

Andy