bigcrow

Re: Riat 2014 invited list

Post by bigcrow »

RIAT Air Ops wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:
RIAT Air Ops wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:
Royal Netherlands Navy Invited

Well, at the time of the show it will be some seven years since the RNLN had to transfer its flying machines to the Air Force. :sad:

"aviodromefriend" - Seems pretty clear to me:

http://www.defensie.nl/english/navy/materiel/helicopters/nh90/

Cheers, Tom

Sorry to see you take your info from a not updated site since the last three rounds of reorganisations/financial cuts in Dutch defense. The only reason why the aviation part of the RNLN is officially still in existence is that there is no budget to disband it, and as such its flag is not taken in. The NH90s are all operated by the Air Force as part of the DHC, also when they operate from ships.
boff180 wrote:I've definitely got a photo of an NH90 in Dutch Navy colours, they're painted a cream colour.

Andy
There has been only one that has been flying in RNLN colours (N 088), but that one is still not handed over to the Dutch, it's still part of the test flying fleet from the factory. In that cream colour the machines are still trying to reach full capabilities for the Air Force.

Without getting embroiled in an "are they/aren't they" forum discussion I hardly think I can be blamed for what you infer is an out of date official website. Also, when discussing the potential for the NH90 to attend RIAT 2013 the signature box on the said gentleman's email's was as follows:

pilot NH90 / squadron safety officer
Defensie Helikopter Commando
Naval Airstation De Kooy/860 SQN
Netherlands Royal Navy

Hardly a howler in that case is it?

Tom

Does it really matter whether the Dutch Navy have been invited or not, or are still in existence? Lets just be thankful that Tom is doing his up most in getting interesting types & air forces to attend..

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

bigcrow wrote:Does it really matter whether the Dutch Navy have been invited or not, or are still in existence? Lets just be thankful that Tom is doing his up most in getting interesting types & air forces to attend..

Exactly and to be fair, because of political shuffling of military assets across Europe it can be difficult to ascertain who is in charge of what these days. The same can be said of the Swedish Helicopter force, Danish (ex) Army helicopters, the whole Belgian Air Force/Air Component nonsense etc etc.

Danish S-61s and Italian Atlantics in the past were air force aircraft operated by their Navies.

We just need as much quality as we can get this year.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Macc

Post by Macc »

Mad Dan wrote:Just a thought - but rather than criticise Tom for believing something that seems eminently plausible, surely your criticism (if that is what it is...) should be aimed at those responsible for failing to update the web site in the first instance.

I would have thought that the Netherlands government and Ministry of Defence should be able to do better than this...

Not only that but rather than criticise anyone, why not realise it's not a big deal.

Let's try and keep this thread a positive build-up rather than picking out any small errors.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

We should be supporting Tom and the Air Ops team with their positive invitation list, not trying to pick out minor technicalities on who operates a certain aircraft. :wall:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

bigcrow wrote:Does it really matter whether the Dutch Navy have been invited or not, or are still in existence? Lets just be thankful that Tom is doing his up most in getting interesting types & air forces to attend..

The most perfect reply. :up:

Bigrob

Post by Bigrob »

Rule 27 wrote:Tom,
The pilots may be navy, they may have navy squadron markings on them, but they are air force owned. Simple as that. - hardly an issue really.

Does it really matter who owns them? No! Riat air ops are doing a grand job lets get behind them instead of picking holes

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Yes it's all getting very anal, 'I know more than you'... :sleepy: Just be thankful we still have a RIAT that we can all still enjoy, ignore the knockers Tom, roll on July.. :smile:

Seajet

Post by Seajet »

bigcrow wrote:Yes it's all getting very anal, 'I know more than you'... :sleepy: Just be thankful we still have a RIAT that we can all still enjoy, ignore the knockers Tom, roll on July.. :smile:

We'll said mate, willy waving is getting ridiculous. Roll on July!

I had this problem with member NKC-135 a few years back when I was posting info I had to hand working at Brize, and told it was wrong. :sleepy:

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Seajet wrote:
bigcrow wrote:Yes it's all getting very anal, 'I know more than you'... :sleepy: Just be thankful we still have a RIAT that we can all still enjoy, ignore the knockers Tom, roll on July.. :smile:

We'll said mate, willy waving is getting ridiculous. Roll on July!

I had this problem with member NKC-135 a few years back when I was posting info I had to hand working at Brize, and told it was wrong. :sleepy:

Not that you hold a grudge Dunk.. ;)

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Hopefully today will see an update of some sort
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Indeed there was........

A senior delegation from the US Air Force has accepted an invitation to attend the Air Tattoo in July stating that the airshow was an opportunity to 'refresh our professional bonds as airmen'.

We have received a letter from the Lithuanian Air Force stating it is considering sending a C-27J to the Air Tattoo. Whilst not confirmed at this stage, it is a very promising and welcome piece of news.

A delegation from the Air Tattoo visited the French Embassy late last year and reported that a very positive and constructive meeting was held, with the French expressing an intention to support RIAT 2014. The French Air Force will be marking its 80th anniversary this year.

In a letter stating that it was unable to participate in RIAT 2014, the Portuguese Navy took the opportunity to congratulate the Red Arrows on their 50th display season.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Very promising indeed, some positive news
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Brevet Cable wrote:Indeed there was........

A senior delegation from the US Air Force has accepted an invitation to attend the Air Tattoo in July stating that the airshow was an opportunity to 'refresh our professional bonds as airmen'.

Very encouraging news.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Unless you were hoping to see one of the MP's Lynx !! :biggrin:
Surprised that the USAF have committed this early , or has the Sequestration issue been resolved ?? { Last I heard was that they'd done a temporary fudge which was due to expire about March or April this year }
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

A Lithuanian C-27 would be amazing. Let's hope that that one comes to fruition. :smile:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Jamie87

Post by Jamie87 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Unless you were hoping to see one of the MP's Lynx !! :biggrin:
Surprised that the USAF have committed this early , or has the Sequestration issue been resolved ?? ( Last I heard was that they'd done a temporary fudge which was due to expire about March or April this year )

Its probably best not to get our hopes up this early.
Just because they're sending a delegation of personnel unfortunately doesn't mean they will necessarily bring the aircraft with them (well I guess they'd need to bring one)
Cosford, RIAT, Rhyl, Southport

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

Not a bad little crumb of information from RIAT, good to see quite a detailed update and already possible interest. Update detail is already better than last year!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Russ

Post by Russ »

A decent start. :clap:

Would also agree about cautiously welcoming the USAF news, "delegation" to me means people (probably a few big wigs), not planes. I'm sure they would love to return but it's too early.

andrewman

Re: RIAT 2014 invited list

Post by andrewman »

A promising start to be fair, the C-27 will be good if it comes off. Out of interest is there a typical time of year when the French tend to publish there display team and solo display schedules ?
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

I'm not sure about usual but last years the Mirage F1's and Rafale got added rather late, think it was late May or Early June.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The Reds found out their schedule today, so we may start hearing of the special events soon.

Andy

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

PeterR wrote:We should be supporting Tom and the Air Ops team with their positive invitation list, not trying to pick out minor technicalities on who operates a certain aircraft. :wall:

Totally agree mate, these people obviously have a lot of time on their hands.

Looking forward to RIAT '14..
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

boff180 wrote:The Reds found out their schedule today, so we may start hearing of the special events soon.

Andy

Do you have any idea when it will be released to the public
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

From the European airshows Facebook page. Seems the Estonians intend to return with their L-39 and An2.

https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanAirsho ... 28024301:0

carlbotten1971

Post by carlbotten1971 »

A real positive start.Hopefuly the U.S will be there and Lithuanian C-27J hope that one does come off :smile: :smile: :smile: