RIAT Weather Outlook

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT Weather Outlook

Post by aviodromefriend »

Pringles wrote:however I checked 5 minutes ago and it's completely changed! :wall:
All those weather sites only change their forecasts because they want to see it discussed on UKAR. :clown:
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

utopiaplanitia

Post by utopiaplanitia »

BBC Weather app is saying slight chance of light shower at 10.00am on Saturday - then rest of day sunny with some cloud - top temp 19c.

At least it won't be "Betty Swallox" walking around...

:grin:

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Pringles wrote:I know! I assure you that's what it said when I checked before posting, however I checked 5 minutes ago and it's completely changed! :wall:

I was checking Accuweather last week for Yeovilton and every few hours it was different, it would say clear skies and 22c then it would change to mostly cloudy and 17c then it would be back to clear skies and 21c :dizzy:

Seeing as you need to buy tickets in advance its all a bit pointless worrying about what the weather will be like as you will either go and put up with it or throw that money away and stay at home.

Marchodnett

Post by Marchodnett »

Hi guys

Am from South Africa. Your weather is very unpredictable. I want to buy a pay for view ticket from planestv. Which would be the better day sat or sun. Weather wise

Thanks
Marc

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

No one seems to know :dunno: Even the forecasters are changing their minds!
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Mon 23 Jul 2018, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

Marchodnett wrote:Hi guys

Am from South Africa. Your weather is very unpredictable. I want to buy a pay for view ticket from planestv. Which would be the better day sat or sun. Weather wise

Thanks
Marc

The weather app I use (Weatherpro HD - reccommended!) is currently predicting over 10 hrs of sunshine on the Saturday and less than half that on the Sunday. Of course, that could change (and no doubt will) before the weekend! Check the BBC weather site.

utopiaplanitia

Post by utopiaplanitia »

BBC Weather app now reporting clear skies for most of Saturday - maybe a light shower at 10.00am

Top temp is going to be 19c (in the shade).

muscleflex

Post by muscleflex »

I'll be there on Saturday taking my 8yr old boy. I'm hoping for an excellent weather! :)

b1rdman

Post by b1rdman »

Weather looking favourable for the weekend I reckon. Looking at Met Office summary I would say it will go something like this...

Friday - Cloudy but with a few brighter spells, will be quite windy at times. Generally dry but rain probability 5%
Saturday - More sunshine to enjoy but breezy and will feel cool in the shade. Generally dry but rain probability 10%
Sunday - All round, looking like the best day as wind drops and warmth increases plus decent amount of sunny spells. Generally dry but rain probability 10%

Don't forget your jumpers and lightweight rain/wind jackets as they will come in handy.

Enjoy :)

utopiaplanitia

Post by utopiaplanitia »

b1rdman wrote:Weather looking favourable for the weekend I reckon. Looking at Met Office summary I would say it will go something like this...

Friday - Cloudy but with a few brighter spells, will be quite windy at times. Generally dry but rain probability 5%
Saturday - More sunshine to enjoy but breezy and will feel cool in the shade. Generally dry but rain probability 10%
Sunday - All round, looking like the best day as wind drops and warmth increases plus decent amount of sunny spells. Generally dry but rain probability 10%

Don't forget your jumpers and lightweight rain/wind jackets as they will come in handy.

Enjoy :)

Quite like the fact that Saturday won't be "Scorchio".
Means that after doing loads of walking and enjoying the show you won't be sweating like an in-mate on death-row.
:tumbleweed:

countryman

Post by countryman »

Oh doom and gloom.

The Met forecast has now changed to heavy rain all afternoon. Well that's £100 notes down the swanee. Is there any point in going?

What a lousy lousy autumn this has turned out to be. :wall: :wall:

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

countryman wrote:Oh doom and gloom.

The Met forecast has now changed to heavy rain all afternoon. Well that's £100 notes down the swanee. Is there any point in going?

What a lousy lousy autumn this has turned out to be. :wall: :wall:

Mine still has exactly the same weather as it did at 4 this morning. :confused:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

countryman

Post by countryman »

BBC also showing heavy rain.
:sad:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Yep, Sunday looking a little moist :-o
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Ray Purchase

Post by Ray Purchase »

Apparently, Saturday's going to be unusually windy- you can't make it up!
That was the best full English breakfast I've had since Gary Wilmot's wedding.

CJS

Post by CJS »

I must say, positive and optimistic as I usually am, I fear a little for the BoB 75th formation if there's a lot of wind Saturday and a lot of rain Sunday. Let's hope they get them all up today at least, be such a shame if anything happened to prevent this part of the show going ahead.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

I'm relying on AccuWeather being more accurate than the BBC as it apparently was for Yeovilton as for Saturday it should be dry and Sunday:
Periods of clouds and sun with a couple of showers possible; breezy
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

TomB

Post by TomB »

A hasty rearrangement at 0700 this morning to come down this afternoon, to go to Rhymes tomorrow! The weather for Sunday looks pretty wet. I dont know what it does for public feeling, but the unpredictability of the British weather is why I don't buy single day tickets in advance anymore. I really think RIAT should review this policy, but it seems established now.

R4118

Post by R4118 »

Yeah great

Sunday and Monday : rain and rain !!!!

:tongue2: :sad: :wall:
La Ferté-Alias
Old Warden
Tigermeet
Sywell
RIAT
Albert
Duxford
Sanicole

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Seems no matter which day I pick it is always the worst one, really wish they would bring back the Saturday or Sunday ticket :sad:

Oh well either I go and enjoy a look around the static and whatever manages to get up or I throw away the tickets and stay at home.

b1rdman

Post by b1rdman »

Yes bit of a U turn for Sunday as yesterdays forecast had it as the best day. Now the forecast for today has improved with more sunshine on offer and Saturday now looking the pick as a bit warmer with reduced chance of rain (5%) and plenty of sunshine. The breezy conditions remain for today and Saturday but easing for Sunday.

Forecasts will be updated around 11am today as thats when latest weather model runs are released.

countryman

Post by countryman »

Andyperkins wrote:.... I throw away the tickets and stay at home.

+1

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

countryman wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:.... I throw away the tickets and stay at home.

+1

Are you in favor of that option? as I would rather walk about the static in the rain than throw £70+ in the bin.
Last edited by Andyperkins on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

I don't know what weather sites you're all looking at, but Weatherpro HD (dependable subscription app) is showing Sunday as cloudy but very little (if any) rain. If I only went to airshows when the forecast was good then I wouldn't have gone to half the ones I did, and I've never regretted going to one of them. :up: