best day to go

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
westhamfan84

best day to go

Post by westhamfan84 »

i can only attend one day this year and this will be my first ever year attending riat so just wanted to know going by recent years what day is best to attend sat or sun? thanks all ben.
Planned Shows for 2022 - Midlands air festival, Cosford, Weston, Southport, Riat, Blackpool, Bournemouth

Monty

Re: best day to go

Post by Monty »

It all depends on weather, normally both days are pretty similar, maybe a couple of things displaying on one day but not the other. For instance in 2007 Saturday was definitely the best day to go because of the weather whereas sunday was overcast. Hard to judge which day is best to go so far in advance, one option you could take would be to buy an either day ticket and go on whichever day has best weather, or see if anything particularly interesting is displaying one day and not the other :smile:
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

I don't think that you could buy "any day" tickets any more? Think that you can only get "day specifc"

also of note - no tickets on the gate this year....

Monty

Post by Monty »

Santiago, yes you can buy anyday tickets they just cost a bit extra and there are less of them :wink:
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Departures :smile:

Vulcanhopefull

Post by Vulcanhopefull »

Monty wrote:Santiago, yes you can buy anyday tickets they just cost a bit extra and there are less of them :wink:

I guess this is the reason i am still waiting for mine then ..i hope they dont sell out before i get my allocation.!!!!
:smile:

Rory76

Post by Rory76 »

westhamfan84 wrote:i can only attend one day this year and this will be my first ever year attending riat so just wanted to know going by recent years what day is best to attend sat or sun? thanks all ben.

Aside from weather, which you can't forecast far enough in advance to use in decision making, it's probably best to wait til nearer the time and judge from any of the day specific aircraft. Opted for Sat last year to catch the A380, and, from memory, went for Sat at my first in '97 as that was the only day the B-2 was gonna be there.

Means you pay a tad more, but probably worth it to ensure you don't miss a personal highlight.
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

trouble is tickets are limited this year and have to be bought before the day so depending on how advanced ticket sales go you may end up not being able to go as tickets may sell out, not too sure how likely a total sell out is though. On the whole I always enjoy the saturday more not too sure why though!
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Vulcanhopefull wrote:I guess this is the reason i am still waiting for mine then ..i hope they dont sell out before i get my allocation.!!!!
:smile:

Just received mine today. For either Saturday or Sunday. :smile: Windbreaks, ladders etc. are banned within 10 metres of the crowd line again as they were to be last year.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP