Caravan site

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Caravan site

Post by trebleone »

I've been searching for contact details for the temporary caravan site that is located on the playing fields off Horcott Road, on the left-hand side, a couple of hundred yards after turning off the A417, but so far, I've drawn a blank.
If anyone has used this site or knows anything about it, any information would be much appreciated.

TIA

Havoc

Re: Caravan site

Post by Havoc »

Fairford town youth football club.

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

Thanks, Havoc - do you happen to know if they run the site themselves or do they just rent out their field to another organization to run the camping facility?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Reviews of it :
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=11379

Their website :
http://www.fairfordfccamping.co.uk/index.htm

All brought to thanks to a little-known utility on the internet which goes by the name of Google :whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

Your response might have been useful, Brevet, if it weren't for the fact that your links refer to a completely different campsite at the opposite end of the village - Fairford Town FC is off Cinder Lane at the eastern end of the village, whereas the site I'm enquiring about is on the playing fields off Horcott Road at the western end of the village - AFAIK, there is no connection between the two where camping is concerned (and I've done plenty of googling); so it would seem that your sarcasm is somewhat misplaced :roll:

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I use the campsite at cinder Lane quite often, and walk past the caravan park to the show. They USED to be part of the same team, but now have gone separate ways. It fills up very quickly from Thursday and gives a great view of arrival a/c coming in from the break to land!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

trebleone wrote:so it would seem that your sarcasm is somewhat misplaced :roll:
My apologies. :worship:
Guess I've gotten to be too cynical , due to the number of people who post on here who ask questions which have either been answered / linked to several times already or could easily be answered by a few seconds googling.
I also assumed that FTYFC shared their ground with FTFC.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

Brevet Cable wrote:
trebleone wrote:so it would seem that your sarcasm is somewhat misplaced :roll:
My apologies. :worship:
Guess I've gotten to be too cynical , due to the number of people who post on here who ask questions which have either been answered / linked to several times already or could easily be answered by a few seconds googling.
I also assumed that FTYFC shared their ground with FTFC.

OK, Brevet - you're forgiven :) ..... and I understand the reasons for your cynicism.

Anyhow, back to the question ... I have it in the back of my mind that the site on the Horcott Road playing fields may be run by the Caravan Club, however their website gives very little useful information to non-members and I'm loath to fork out £49 to join if it turns out that I'm wrong and it's nothing to do with them; so if anyone has used this site or knows any more about it, I'd be most grateful for any further info.

jayne_morris

Post by jayne_morris »

trebleone wrote:OK, Brevet - you're forgiven :) ..... and I understand the reasons for your cynicism.

Anyhow, back to the question ... I have it in the back of my mind that the site on the Horcott Road playing fields may be run by the Caravan Club, however their website gives very little useful information to non-members and I'm loath to fork out £49 to join if it turns out that I'm wrong and it's nothing to do with them; so if anyone has used this site or knows any more about it, I'd be most grateful for any further info.

there are normally two temp sites on horcott road for riat

I think the one that you are talking about is the touring caravan club rally on the Fairford Youth Football Club field

https://tourersandtentsownersclub.wordpress.com/

the other rally site the first one as you come on to horcott road is on the colne school playing fields, this rally is run by the the caravan club wiltshire centre

http://www.wiltshirecentre.co.uk/calendar.aspx

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

Many thanks, Jayne - that's exactly the information I've been searching for :smile:

jayne_morris

Post by jayne_morris »

trebleone wrote:Many thanks, Jayne - that's exactly the information I've been searching for :smile:

your welcome

I spoke to the rally organiser on the youth football club last year and he told me it was the tourers and tents owners club rally, like you i had searched the net and could not find any info, i think it was £12.00 a year to join the tourers and tents owners club and then the rally fees on top