FRIAT First Timer

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
vulcan57

Re: FRIAT First Timer

Post by vulcan57 »

You're facing north so, for the most part, the sun is behind you.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

The sun is behind you at Fairford. The runway runs pretty much East/West, so the light is with you until the very end of the day.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

alans895

Post by alans895 »

Thank you both for the quick replies.

Regards,

Alan

alans895

Post by alans895 »

Can anyone please tell me if there is normally traffic problems on the Wednesday arrivals day?

I'm staying in a Motel in Lechlade and will be driving to the park and view, and would ultimately like to be within the first few to get through the gates on opening. Would appreciate any suggestions on the time to arrive to achieve this.

Regards,

Alan
(Melbourne, Australia)

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

alans895 wrote:Can anyone please tell me if there is normally traffic problems on the Wednesday arrivals day?

I'm staying in a Motel in Lechlade and will be driving to the park and view, and would ultimately like to be within the first few to get through the gates on opening. Would appreciate any suggestions on the time to arrive to achieve this.

Regards,

Alan
(Melbourne, Australia)

Car Park Gates open officially at 8 however they usually allow cars to park somewhere and for people to queue up outside until gates open.

To be one of the first in you need to be there at Stupid O'clock, I usually arrive as the main car park opens and just about find a pitch on the front row; it's very touch and go (gettit :grin: ) though.

alans895

Post by alans895 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll aim for 6am at location then. It's a long way to go to be standing behind someone trying to get the Money Shots!

Regards,

Alan

kevshore

Post by kevshore »

A question I haven't seen asked. So as a newbie to Friat, I will ask. Are there toilets nearby to the stand, or do you have to use the ones elsewhere..

CJS

Post by CJS »

I believe there are dedicated FRIAT loos located within the area which includes the FRIAT grandstand. I've never been in there ( :ninja: ) but I seem to remember this being asked at some point in the past. They may even have pot plants outside :shock:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

kevshore

Post by kevshore »

:lol: posh!! Thanks for the reply. :up:

kev.

Zarniwoop

Post by Zarniwoop »

Hi,I am looking for a bit of advice on Traffic and arrival times,I am coming to the show on Sunday via the Red route,my plan is to arrive in the vicinity at 07:00/07:30ish.
I do expect to queue but hopefully not toooo much,any advice from regulars would be appreciated.