RIAT Arrivals

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
edhunter

RIAT Arrivals

Post by edhunter »

Can I ask, do RIAT post arrival times on UKAR forum and how accurate are these times please?

MRTT

Re: riat arrivals

Post by MRTT »

RIAT do not publicise arrival times on the internet, you will find out what is coming in if you attend an arrival day.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

ok thanks i thought they or some might have posted the times from the daily flying schedule or what is due in on a particular day

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

edhunter wrote:ok thanks i thought they or some might have posted the times from the daily flying schedule or what is due in on a particular day

They don't publicise all arrival times, they do however do a highlights section on there website.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

ok i noticed on the 2012 thread that someone posted which aircraft were arriving on a particular day is that likely to be contiuned?

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

edhunter wrote:ok i noticed on the 2012 thread that someone posted which aircraft were arriving on a particular day is that likely to be contiuned?

That was after he had arrived at Fairford and had purchased the arrival programme.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

ook thank you

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

edhunter wrote:ook thank you

Anytime, enjoy the show! :smile:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

The best you'll usually get is the arrivals posted not long after they've actually arrived. :biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

edhunter wrote:ok i noticed on the 2012 thread that someone posted which aircraft were arriving on a particular day is that likely to be contiuned?
That was someone that at that time could look into the flightplans in ATC systems as he needed to do that for his profession.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

CJS

Post by CJS »

In the past Andy 'boff180' Evans (UKAR staff member) has provided us with a brilliant live arrivals photo feed, a la viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68240&start=100 :worship:

At least until he gets so frustrated with the mobile / wireless signal :mad: and/or the weather :surrender: that his i-pad exits stage left and he (quite rightly) enjoys the spectacle instead :cool: . Whether or not he's planning something similar this year I obviously don't know but I do know we all appreciated it muchly, especially those of us who cannot be there for the arrivals. :snack:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Is there a possiblity of someone taking photos of the daily flying programme on the wednesday, thursday and friday arrivals and posting them onto the forum please.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Just buy one.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

CJS wrote:until he gets so frustrated with the mobile / wireless signal

Plans are already in place that will hopefully fix this issue this year... needless to say 3 have been dumped for being crap. But for the other part of the plan, that's a UKAR Staff secret... :ninja:

CJS

Post by CJS »

boff180 wrote:

Plans are already in place that will hopefully fix this issue this year... needless to say 3 have been dumped for being crap. But for the other part of the plan, that's a UKAR Staff secret... :ninja:

Live YouTube feed from a circling RAF sentinel?

No wait, each time something exciting arrives a different UKAR member parachutes from the back of the BBMF Dakota which is circling overhead and photographs it for us.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

boff180 wrote:

Pigeon post? :grin:

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

I can't just buy one as i don't arrive for riat until friday

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

edhunter wrote:I can't just buy one as i don't arrive for riat until friday

Buy one for Monday :biggrin:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

edhunter wrote:I can't just buy one as i don't arrive for riat until friday

Then why does it matter? Wherever possible (bearing in mind those involved are taking time out their holiday) information and photos will be posted on UKAR for all to see. The movements sheets are constantly changing documents anyway - due to the nature of aviation - so slot times are not always stuck to.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Lol, yeah, to be fair, it's called the sheet of lies for a reason! :grin:

We know the frustration of being stuck at work for the arrival days, and Andy puts a tremendous amount of work into his live arrivals feed which, trust me, is no easy job at all. Others have tried, many have failed!

Plus, the UKAR account will be live-tweeting all arrivals and any other general observations/musings about all things RIAT during the period, together with staff members and other relevant twitter accounts (such as the v. handy Air Ops account) tweeting their various perspectives/thoughts/grumbles/price of fish etc... And it's all contained in a handy little widget which auto-refreshes, which we'll put up here and make live during the week, which has been done on UKAR for a good number of years, now (definitely 6, maybe 7? The brain fades...)

Loath as I am to say this because it sounds like sales-puff, but in terms of RIAT arrivals, UKAR should have everything you need (bar end of day serial lists/very detailed movement logs, which others do far better than we ever could!).

If, after all of that, you just want a sheet of lies for, I dunno, souvenir's sake, then probably the best course is to ask a friend or someone you will be able to meet with to buy one for you and pay them back when you arrive?

Sometimes, it's nice to re-read those live arrivals feeds. Really takes you (or at least, it does with me) back to the excitement and build up before each show!

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Thanks tommy :smile: :clap:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT Arrivals

Post by Wissam24 »

Remember our reaction last July when the sheet of lies suggested 4x Falcons from Greece?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

I would like to point out that i've not long joined this forum so what happens on here in regards to riat and riat arrivals so please forgive me if i don't know what happened in the past in regards to arrivals

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Re: RIAT arrivals

Post by Harlequin67 »

boff180 wrote:

UKAR Staff secret's........ What Swiss Chinooks last year acting as wireless data connections? I am sure Tommy saw those..... :grin:

I take my hat off to Andy for doing as well as he does with his arrivals threads, I was there part of the frustrating time he had last year, and his efforts to keep going. He knows that many people enjoy his thread of arrivals. When I couldn't make it one year it was nice to see and take enjoyment of seeing such great aircraft attending, envious...yes, but still enjoyed the live arrivals making me feel I was there.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

tu16

Post by tu16 »

I assume the F35s & F22s will arrive ahead of the Wednesday - could somebody make enquiries at the FRIAT Forum?

I appreciate that their arrival plan is probably still a work in progress.