RIAT tickets only available on-line

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Brevet Cable

RIAT tickets only available on-line

Post by Brevet Cable »

For those who don't get the newsletter , you may not be aware of the following from today's :
Please be aware - admission tickets can only be bought online this year and will not be available at any outlets - such as Tourist Information Centres and Barclays Bank.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Re: RIAT tickets only available on-line

Post by CJS »

Only time I ever bought a 'real' ticket was in 2008 when I nipped into Barclays in Bath on the day of the cancelled Saturday show to buy a Sunday ticket as they hadn't at that point called off the Sunday show too.

Turned into a nice donation to RAFCTE :grin:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Always bought mine on-line , even when they still did 'at the gate' sales.
I recall that a number of posters on here over the last few years have asked about availability from outlets , though , so I thought it would be a good idea to post DBH's official statement.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

From today's newsletter , they're anticipating that all the Saturday tickets ( non-FRIAT ) will have sold out by this weekend.
아직도 숨어있다

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Interesting marketing by RIAT recently with emails advising that ticekts will sell out quickly etc etc,

but, they effectively lose money for every ticket sold before the early bird discount, with 2000 ticekts left for saturday, would they not rather sell these next week at the higher price? I can see next year they may tweek the time windows
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

No seating tickets left for Saturday, general admission only. I've had to book for Sunday to get a garden seat ticket.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

CJS

Post by CJS »

Mooshie1956 wrote:No seating tickets left for Saturday, general admission only. I've had to book for Sunday to get a garden seat ticket.

Or take a plastic chair and sit just the other side of the rope from those who paid extra to sit on a plastic chair ;-) :-P
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

pbeardmore wrote:Interesting marketing by RIAT recently with emails advising that ticekts will sell out quickly etc etc,

but, they effectively lose money for every ticket sold before the early bird discount, with 2000 ticekts left for saturday, would they not rather sell these next week at the higher price? I can see next year they may tweek the time windows

The more tickets they sell early the more revenue they have to play with for display items. They can also plan the logistics side of it better because they have more time.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!