Air tattoo schedule

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
jm1g

Air tattoo schedule

Post by jm1g »

Hi all.

I tried to search but couldnt find anything to satisfy my query.

I am travelling from the north of england for the air tattoo with an 8 year old. Due to the 3 hour drive, we are only planning to stay for around 4 hours.

I want to see the F22, F35, osprey, mig29, F18, apache. Is the schedule of the airshow a best til last sort of thing? Is it best to come for the last 4 hours, first 4 hours?? 4 hours is flexible but we arent going to have the whole day. Can anyone suggest what the schedule is likely to be to help me plan the day??

Regards

Andyperkins

Re: Air tattoo schedule

Post by Andyperkins »

jm1g wrote:Hi all.

I tried to search but couldnt find anything to satisfy my query.

I am travelling from the north of england for the air tattoo with an 8 year old. Due to the 3 hour drive, we are only planning to stay for around 4 hours.

I want to see the F22, F35, osprey, mig29, F-18, apache. Is the schedule of the airshow a best til last sort of thing? Is it best to come for the last 4 hours, first 4 hours?? 4 hours is flexible but we arent going to have the whole day. Can anyone suggest what the schedule is likely to be to help me plan the day??

Regards

It differs depending on the day but IMO you would be unlikely to see all those mentioned above in a 4 hour window.
Last edited by Andyperkins on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

It will be very difficult to fit that sort of scheduling in, without knowing the programme. We won't know that until a few days before.

My advice would be not to travel, unless you're committed to doing the whole day - road closures, traffic systems and thousands of visitors will make it almost impossible to do a strict 4 hours - you need to be doing, at least, one day if you're going to visit.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure. But this isn't like other UK shows; turn up a bit later and you'll catch what you want.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Flare Path wrote:It will be very difficult to fit that sort of scheduling in, without knowing the programme. We won't know that until a few days before.

My advice would be not to travel, unless you're committed to doing the whole day - road closures, traffic systems and thousands of visitors will make it almost impossible to do a strict 4 hours - you need to be doing, at least, one day if you're going to visit.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure. But this isn't like other UK shows; turn up a bit later and you'll catch what you want.

I'll support that. You have to play their game. Thinking you can arrive when you want and leave when you want could give you a really miserable experience.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

They're very unlikely to pack their top acts in the same window. If I was at the helm I'd dot the top acts around so there's no "peak". Helps manage traffic/people.