RIAT 2017 wishlist

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
CJS

Re: RIAT 2017 wishlist

Post by CJS »

Airshowhammer wrote:Before chris puts his head through a wall because we were wishing for planes in a different thread what do we think it'll be!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:wink:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Certainly getting some fab support from our friends across the pond, I've got various fingers crossed of having a B2 confirm soon :smile:

Would love to see some more helicopters coming in, how about the Huey and Loach for starters ? And pleeeeeeaaase can a Cobra from anywhere be confirmed, or I'll just have to fork out for a trip to a show in America next year (not keen on European food :grin: ).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Won't see one in Europe for a while after what happened to the Red Bull example.

Although the guys who own the Huey and Loach have a Cobra but I haven't heard anything about that for a while.

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Yeah, saw the Cobra incident on chavbook the other day, very sad :-(

I had heard that a Cobra was going to join the Huey clan, but does seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front. The last I heard they were awaiting paperwork but that was a couple or so years ago at least.

I'm all for fast jets, heavies, etc at RIAT but it would be nice to see some more choppers around other than the usual suspects (not that there is anything wrong with the usual suspects lol).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

I really hope the aircraft that is being spoken about is flying.
I'm bored senseless in hospital so this site will keep me occupied for the time being!

I think Malaysian or Ukrainian Flanker.

What about you guys?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Airwolfhound wrote:I had heard that a Cobra was going to join the Huey clan, but does seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front. The last I heard they were awaiting paperwork but that was a couple or so years ago at least.

Pretty sure it's sat in their hangar near Blackpool!

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Well, if we take the "little gem" as a clue...(i know i know....) then maybe it is a lettuce based clue.. im pretty sure another name for the cos lettuce is Romaine..
So a romanian Mig is my guess/wish!!

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:
Airwolfhound wrote:I had heard that a Cobra was going to join the Huey clan, but does seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front. The last I heard they were awaiting paperwork but that was a couple or so years ago at least.

Pretty sure it's sat in their hangar near Blackpool!

That's what I understand too. It was purchased (delivered?) in 2009 and there has been very little news about it since. Shame really as I believe it would get lots of booking across Europe.

mikek

Post by mikek »

borismorris wrote:Well, if we take the "little gem" as a clue...(i know i know....) then maybe it is a lettuce based clue.. I'm pretty sure another name for the cos lettuce is Romaine..
So a romanian Mig is my guess/wish!!

i agree. definitely gonna be a cos of some type.
Handsomest UKAR member.

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Or you're all reading far too much into the gem part of the tweet and actually it's rare aircraft that has nothing to do with your interpretations. These aren't moley clues that need to be deciphered.

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Which is why I added the word "wish"...capiche?