FRIAT 2017 - Pay monthly option

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Mantog

FRIAT 2017 - Pay monthly option

Post by Mantog »

Hi

I'm considering doing FRIAT next year but would prefer to sign up for the payment plan where you can pay it off each month but can't find how I do this. I seem to recall you need to get your application in ASAP to do this. Could some kind soul point me in the right direction please?

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: FRIAT 2017 - Pay monthly option

Post by boff180 »

I would ring DBH and ask for the FRIAT team or Wendy Toms.

If I remember rightly renewal forms were only available at the show and have to be returned by a certain date for monthly payments.

Ta

Andy

Mantog

Post by Mantog »

Thanks Boff I'll email them

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

boff180 wrote:I would ring DBH and ask for the FRIAT team or Wendy Toms.

If I remember rightly renewal forms were only available at the show and have to be returned by a certain date for monthly payments.

Ta

Andy

19th August to pay be standing order instalments on the application form. Doesn't say only for renewals so def worth a phone call.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Bit late , possibly , but it may be of use to others....
I've just received the "Last chance to pay by instalments" E-Mail & I don't do FRIAT , so the option is obviously available to first-timers.
As 'Nwalch' says , forms have to be in by 19 August & the form is available here : http://www.airtattoo.com/assets/pages/00000056/friat%202017%20application%20form%20v2.doc ( when you go to open the file it may come up with a warning about "unknown publisher" )
For non-UK residents , note the following :
If you are an overseas customer and would like to take advantage of this offer, unfortunately we cannot set up a Standing Order with your bank; however, we can take your card number and charge your card at the end of each month (6 payments).
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

ikarus

Post by ikarus »

It's a great idea but the option to pay monthly if your buying FRIAT package :clap: this initiative should really available at any time leading up to the event. The person is guaranteeing to pay the full amount come what may ....

Given that we are talking about someone or a number of people (in my case ) in the same family group committing to pay large sums of money , we should have the option if it is up to 12 , 6 or 3 months before. The loyalty discount has also been mentioned in my recent email from DBH.

Come on :wall: , some of us cannot commit so early to next year at this point , we have work, shifts and employer leave requests to contend with first. RIAT only took place about 4 or 5 weeks ago !!!

Never mind the fact that it's a non refundable amount on pressing the submit to pay button and we don't even know what will be on show at this point ........

The spread of payments should be available from whenever you decide to commit to buy.

harkins

Post by harkins »

Whilst I do agree with the sentiment ikarus, could you not just put the equivalent or even just a little more in a tin each month and then when the time comes that you feel you can or want to buy a FRIAT ticket, you then have a large chunk of the money already saved? Or would this likely be at a notable disadvantage to how high up in the stand you are seated? I've always bought my FRIAT Mach 3 quite late and got a pretty good seat. I always feel that how good your seat is depends more on who ends up in the adjacent seats than what row it is, and that really is pot luck.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Has anyone had a standing order form back yet? I sent my application form in 2 weeks ago and ticked the standing order box so was expecting a form back to put my bank details on (not sure why it's not on the original form to be honest).

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The Standing Order details didn't show up until September/October last year.

They don't collect the money from you (i.e. Direct Debit) , it is up to you to set up the monthly standing order with the details they send you.... you will be given a reference code on your confirmation letter to use as the standing order reference and on what date to send it.

The bank account details on the form I believe are for a single one-off payment.

Andy

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

boff180 wrote:The Standing Order details didn't show up until September/October last year.

They don't collect the money from you (i.e. Direct Debit) , it is up to you to set up the monthly standing order with the details they send you.... you will be given a reference code on your confirmation letter to use as the standing order reference and on what date to send it.

The bank account details on the form I believe are for a single one-off payment.

Andy

Thanks Andy. That makes sense. I was confusing it with Direct Debit.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Just to advise my Standing Order letter has arrived today. So to expect yours any day now if it hasn't arrived already.

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Got mine today as well.

rovers1

Post by rovers1 »

Me too

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

IMHO it says all you need to know about the affordability of the FRIAT package that they are offering the option to spread the payments across the year. I notice there was a long debate about the structure of the offer but no one thought to criticise/ question/ comment on the cost of the product on offer.

I notice that Silverstone was doing a similar thing for the F1. Personally I think its a bit crazy and if something I wanted to do was so expensive I had to save thru the year to be able to afford it (esp' for one day/ weekend a year) I'm not sure I would bother. Each to their own etc.

I also noticed on another thread that the cost of some accommodation anywhere near RIAT was getting so ridiculous and they were having to go so far from the airfield to find affordable accommodation that soon it will reach a point that I will be able to rent the spare rooms/ sofa in my house in Birmingham to FRIATeers!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

???? DBH have for as long as I can remember offered the pay monthly option for FRIAT renewals. It's nothing new.

The accommodation costs are becoming an issue however but its something outside of DBH's control... simple supply and demand mixed in with a big helping of profiteering sadly.

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

speedbird2639 wrote:I also noticed on another thread that the cost of some accommodation anywhere near RIAT was getting so ridiculous and they were having to go so far from the airfield to find affordable accommodation that soon it will reach a point that I will be able to rent the spare rooms/ sofa in my house in Birmingham to FRIATeers!

Funny you should say that, there isn't a bed to be had at a Premier Inn between Cirencester and Brum for the Saturday night next year. :sad:
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time