RIAT 2016 DVD/ Blu-Ray

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Red Dragon

RIAT 2016 DVD/ Blu-Ray

Post by Red Dragon »

Just a query Guys

Has anyone heard of any delays regarding the production or posting out of this years DVD/ Blu-ray? It was stated on the RIAT website as "Delivery will be by the beginning of October 2016."

:dunno:

robertp

Re: RIAT 2016 DVD/ Blu-Ray

Post by robertp »

Planes tv website says it will be released next week.
It's been delayed a couple of times now.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

robertp wrote:Planes tv website says it will be released next week.
It's been delayed a couple of times now.

:up:

G-AMPY

Post by G-AMPY »

Typical PlanesTV... :dizzy:

robertp

Post by robertp »

This message has been deleted by the UKAR Staff Team. The post contained details on how to download the digital copy of the RIAT 2016 DVD including passcode, which has to be purchased from RIAT or Planes TV. The user has been warned.

Please do not post copyrighted information or material on our forums

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I suggest you remove the access information from the above post - you've just given away the vid to all and sundry.

The download is intended for those who've made an advance purchase of the DVD.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Agreed, I've reported the post. Hardly very fair on those who've paid for it (which I haven't by the way).
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Was already on it. :-) Thanks for reporting it though.

RiatMarketing

Post by RiatMarketing »

Thank you for the prompt action.

The codes are unique to each individual customer and once redeemed against a Vimeo account, can't be transferred or used again. Therefore, people risk being denied access to their own codes by posting them online.
Air Tattoo Marketing Team

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

Ordered this for my dad earlier in the week as a crimbo present & was made up to get an email saying sorry about the delay with a code.

Meant I had a very enjoyable few hours the other night watching the content before him. Great customer service from PlanesTV imo & a nice gesture.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

They have been sent out. A friend of mine has received the DVD this morning.

Milguy22

Post by Milguy22 »

Received my blu-ray collectors edition and I'm very impressed. I thought planes TV done a great job. Very comprehensive recount of the event. The extra features were good too. Very happy overall.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Not keen on the wide angle shots of people recording displays on an iPhone, rather than of the actual display itself? (F-22 at certain points)

Also, why has Nessun Dorma been removed from the Frecce finale and replaced with the crappy outtro DVD music? :tumbleweed:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Russ

Post by Russ »

JJC wrote:Also, why has Nessun Dorma been removed from the Frecce finale and replaced with the crappy outtro DVD music? :tumbleweed:

The copyright fee would be my guess?

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

JJC wrote:Not keen on the wide angle shots of people recording displays on an iPhone, rather than of the actual display itself? (F-22 at certain points)

While I hesitate to criticise the folks at PlanesTV, as they usually do a great job, you're right. The frequent cutting back to a wide view adds nothing and gives the impression everything was miles away. Which it wasn't. There's a much greater irritation though - the in cockpit views are cut in at wholly inappropriate times. I wish the guys would get the fact that pilots work really hard to compose display routines to look at their best from the crowd line. I reached the point of trying not to chuck something at the telly during the SoloTurk coverage. This was an innovative routine, and having seen the full display only once over the RIAT week I couldn't wait to see it again. Especially that diagonal approach pulling into flick rolls. This programme shows the jet lining up then cuts to a cockpit view for the manoeuvre. Showing us nothing other than the fact fast jet pilots gurn when pulling G.

Please contain in cockpit shots in the main programme to repositioning moves, or points where they show us something we can't see from elsewhere. We can always get the in cockpit footage on the extras where in makes far more sense as its uncut.

Other than that, there's some great stuff on there.

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Received this bundle of joy for Christmas and watched it last weekend.

Have only watched the 1st disc of the 2 disc Blu-Ray edition, and the one thing which annoyed me were the three obvious dust spots on a lot of the footage. Other than that I quite enjoyed it :smile:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

henk99

Post by henk99 »

I have received the two disc version, but I can't get it to play on my PC. It's the only blu-ray drive I have. The others worked fine, but this one complains about the aacs coding.

I have made a rip of all my blu-rays, so I can watch them from my media player without the need for a blu-ray player near my tv. Does anyone know how to do that with this one? It's strictly a copy for my own use (I'm allowed to do that right?). Using Anydvd, but it won't work.
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2023 | Belgian Airforce Days 2023 | Frysian Flag 2023