Kempsford Camping

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: Kempsford Camping

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I can explain at least one of the empty pitches as a pair of individuals shoehorned themselves in next to me where there wasn't a pitch. :roll:

MiG_Eater wrote:Much preferred Kempsford this year as over previous years. I preferred the new caterers and found the whole campsite atmosphere to be a bit more 'family friendly' for want of a better term. Previously i've been kept awake by music and rowdy behaviour. I know I probably sound like a spoilsport - and maybe I am - but for me, it was just an all round more enjoyable experience this year.

I'm not sure how it could be much different, as the site sold out to renewals this year, it'd be the same set of campers as the last couple of years. Maybe you were just luckier where you pitched. For what its worth, I don't think I've seen rowdy behaviour at Kempsford for donkey's years.

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

I was also surprised by the number of empty pitches at Kempsford, especially given how early the site "sold out" this year. Generally a pleasant experience (as always) though I too would prefer a return to the old catering arrangements.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:I can explain at least one of the empty pitches as a pair of individuals shoehorned themselves in next to me where there wasn't a pitch. :roll:

You wouldn't have been in one of the pitches which aren't around the edge of the field, by any chance?
I've always felt they should put more marker-stakes up to avoid confusion....In the past I've seen people experience the same problem you had, and the reverse where people are convinced their pitch is actually the whole width between two 'car lanes' because there aren't any stakes dividing the pitches.

For what its worth, I don't think I've seen rowdy behaviour at Kempsford for donkey's years.

Do kids riding around on a petrol-engined scooter count ( that's scooter as in child's scooter, not a moped-type scooter )
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Brevet Cable wrote:You wouldn't have been in one of the pitches which aren't around the edge of the field, by any chance?

Nope, top field against the hedge, one from the corner, base end. They filled the gap between me and the corner pitch. Its no problem for me, I don't spend a great deal of time around the tent when not sleeping, but the the pitches are clearly marked and you do have to wonder how hard can it be..? :grin:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

At the top of the fenceline where the fire point ( and what appeared to be the only drinking water tap ) was?

My usual space....top field, top hedge, 2nd space from where the portaloos were.
Funnily enough, the space right next to the portaloos was one of the vacant ones :lol:
아직도 숨어있다

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

That's indeed where I was Brevet.
Yes, I know who was you now, having walked past you every time I've been to the thunderboxes or showers for the last several years. I'll be sure to say hello next year.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

To be honest, when I first wandered down there to fill my water bottles up I did wonder if that corner was supposed to be a pitch or not....after looking where the nearest marker stakes were I figured it wasn't, although it's not surprising someone did go there given it was alongside the fence.

If I do go next year, feel free to stop by, blag some home-brew, hurl insults or whatever ( and that goes for any others who've worked out who I am ) :lol:
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

A couple of things.....
In the top field :
Toilets -- more people than usual there from the Monday, yet for a couple of days half the portaloos were padlocked closed.
The hottest RIAT week for many years, yet there appeared to be less drinking water standpipes than usual .... I saw plenty of people (who possibly didn't know there was one near the fenceline) going to the shower block area where the standpipe usually is and filling up their water containers from the tap clearly marked as being for elsan use only.
아직도 숨어있다

globemaster50

Post by globemaster50 »

We were in the top field at the top hedge by the fire / water point. Not the one in the very corner squashed in by the fence but next to it with the green tent and blue car. Definitely a pitch with marker pegs either side of us. Not sure why the water kept going off though!