Kempsford Camping

Re: Kempsford Camping

Postby Burleysway on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 4:10 pm

Got mine on Sunday :tongue2:
Burleysway

Postby Phil Standfield on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm

Just had booking confirmation E-mail. Countdown now on.
Phil Standfield

Postby shaggy101 on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm

Mine to, see you all there :smile:
Dan,
shaggy101

Postby Clive1 on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 12:59 pm

Afternoon all

I lost Therasa under a pile of envelopes a week or so ago. Now and again I hear a muffled cry. Just heard something sounding like "80% sold already".

If we can find her, she's going to send out to 2016 customers on Thursday so do get in quick if you want a pitch.

Cheers

Clive
Clive1

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 1:04 pm

Gonna be sold-out even earlier than last year, then?
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby brionfire on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 4:54 pm

Shame new people don’t get a chance - I would have been ready to book on day one.

Understand you need a system but why not first come first served like everything else?

They might as well not bother advertising it if this happens every year.
brionfire

Postby Big Eric on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 5:07 pm

brionfire wrote:Shame new people don’t get a chance - I would have been ready to book on day one.

Understand you need a system but why not first come first served like everything else?

I disagree.

Kempsford has become a bit like a club whereby you renew your membership every year (an excellent system in my opinion), those that stayed there the year before are given the chance to book again before offering their place to new people.

My son has camped there for 13 consecutive years and he should certainly be given the option of booking again this year before losing his place - shouldn't he?
Big Eric

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm

Big Eric wrote:
brionfire wrote:Shame new people don’t get a chance - I would have been ready to book on day one.

I disagree.

Kempsford has become a bit like a club whereby you renew your membership every year (an excellent system in my opinion), those that stayed there the year before are given the chance to book again before offering their place to new people.

My son has camped there for 13 consecutive years and he should certainly be given the option of booking again this year before losing his place - shouldn't he?

Indeed. Loyalty is a precious commodity these days. Nice to see its still valued here - both ways.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby brionfire on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 5:53 pm

Don’t get me wrong - I applaud the loyalty and the reason we want to book this is because it is obviously so well supported.

Just wish the website made it a bit more obvious that you basically have no chance of booking for a first time - I would have tried elsewhere much earlier!
brionfire

Postby Big Eric on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 6:20 pm

brionfire wrote:Don’t get me wrong - I applaud the loyalty and the reason we want to book this is because it is obviously so well supported.

Just wish the website made it a bit more obvious that you basically have no chance of booking for a first time - I would have tried elsewhere much earlier!

You do have the chance of booking for the first time - just not a very big one, and I'm sure if Clive could double the area of the camp-site then new people would still have the same "problem" every year.
Big Eric

Postby brionfire on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 6:38 pm

Big Eric wrote:You do have the chance of booking for the first time - just not a very big one

Not from what I have been told - sold out the last three years before new people got a chance - so even less chance this year!

I live in hope though! :biggrin:
brionfire

Postby Big Eric on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 6:48 pm

brionfire wrote:
Big Eric wrote:You do have the chance of booking for the first time - just not a very big one

Not from what I have been told - sold out the last three years before new people got a chance - so even less chance this year!

I live in hope though! :biggrin:

I don't see how that could happen, that means that everyone that stayed there in 2017 have booked again for this year. That just doesn't happen, there must have been some that didn't re-book and some "new" peeps have got the chance to stay there this year.

Where's Clive when you need him? :grin:
Big Eric

Postby brionfire on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 6:56 pm

It’s 2017 first - then 2016 - then us! :biggrin:
brionfire

Postby Big Eric on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm

brionfire wrote:It’s 2017 first - then 2016 - then us! :biggrin:

Good luck with getting a pitch, I just love the place. I know it's not cheap, but it's easily the best. :smile:
Big Eric

Postby brionfire on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:04 pm

Big Eric wrote:
brionfire wrote:It’s 2017 first - then 2016 - then us! :biggrin:

Good luck with getting a pitch, I just love the place. I know it's not cheap, but it's easily the best. :smile:

I know - that’s why I am trying to book it! Especially good for FRIAT!
brionfire

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

One of the things they did for a few years which may be useful these days was to offer half-sized pitches.
As it is now, you'll often see a whole 9m x 11m ( or whatever it is ) pitch occupied by a single one-man tent.....and I don't mean one pitched by the usual bunch solely to reserve it for their friends ( the same people who park their cars on vacant pitches for the same reason )

The issue with it selling out so quickly, that's only really happened for the last 2 or 3 years.

As for staying there if you haven't before ( or didn't last year ) there are ways and means.
The most obvious is if you know someone who has managed to book for this year -- get them to add you on to their booking as an extra person(s) & tent ... on a standard pitch I can get a 5m x 3m tent & a large estate car and there's still plenty of room to fit another tent & car.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby brionfire on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:36 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:One of the things they did for a few years which may be useful these days was to offer half-sized pitches.
As it is now, you'll often see a whole 9m x 11m ( or whatever it is ) pitch occupied by a single one-man tent.....and I don't mean one pitched by the usual bunch solely to reserve it for their friends ( the same people who park their cars on vacant pitches for the same reason )

The issue with it selling out so quickly, that's only really happened for the last 2 or 3 years.

As for staying there if you haven't before ( or didn't last year ) there are ways and means.
The most obvious is if you know someone who has managed to book for this year -- get them to add you on to their booking as an extra person(s) & tent ... on a standard pitch I can get a 5m x 3m tent & a large estate car and there's still plenty of room to fit another tent & car.

Thanks - useful info
brionfire

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 8:01 pm

Just thought I'd also mention....
Their policy is one caravan/motorhome per pitch ( no restriction for tents )
There doesn't seem to be any restriction when it comes to having a caravan/motorhome and tent(s) on the same pitch.
Neither is there any apparent restriction on people on the same pitch arriving and/or leaving on different days.
You could get it that one person on a shared pitch will be there from Monday-Monday, another from Wednesday-Sunday and another still just for the Friday-Sunday.

Same with a pitch with a caravan/motorhome.....they could be there Monday-Monday & they'll have someone in a tent on the same pitch just for the Friday-Sunday.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Previous

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo