The airshow build

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
edhunter

The airshow build

Post by edhunter »

Would it be possible for someone on here or doh to provide photos of the airshow build once it commences please?

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: The airshow build

Post by boff180 »

Best bet is riatmarketing I would guess if ground ops agree to it.

If I recall correctly, initial ground ops begin about now.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

One of the many areas I'm interested in is how the aircraft get placed in the static park like which aircraft gets placed in a certain spot.

And how long it takes to get the airfield ready.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

The DVDs often have a feature about this, although probably not as I'm depth as you're looking for.

mavvymoo

Post by mavvymoo »

edhunter wrote:One of the many areas I'm interested in is how the aircraft get placed in the static park like which aircraft gets placed in a certain spot.

And how long it takes to get the airfield ready.

When I worked it back in the day the aircraft generally just taxied to the static park and then when the aircraft for that section arrived the barriers went up.

Surreal memories from the early 90s of offering wingtip guidance to things as diverse as F-16s to C-130s taxiing past stalls being put up come to mind.
Famed for appearing to put my foot in it, read my post with the voice of Stewie Griffin if it offended you first time

Ouragan

Post by Ouragan »

Surreal indeed.

A year or two back at Culdrose I was setting up my sales stall on the day before the air day and was sat in the van having a break when I realised that the Catalina was taxiing my way from the rear. Very interesting looking up and out of the windscreen to see a big white wing with a star and bar block out the sky as it was marshalled to its parking spot. Kudos to the aircraft handlers, but it would have been interesting explaining that one to the van rental firm.