RIAT 2017 DVD

RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby edhunter on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:36 am

Does anyone know if Planes TV are doing this years dvd again?
If so when can it be pre-ordered?
Can i also make a request to RIAT marketing to ask the people at Planes TV to get more of the static park especially the rare aircraft?
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby CJS on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 11:41 am

edhunter wrote:Does anyone know if Planes TV are doing this years dvd again?
If so when can it be pre-ordered?
Can i also make a request to RIAT marketing to ask the people at Planes TV to get more of the static park especially the rare aircraft?


I would have thought the request would be better off made to Planes TV, or do DBH have control over the content of the DVD?? :dunno:

It can certainly (no wait, I think it can) be pre-ordered at the show, I don't know if it can be sooner (but why would you do that??).
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby aviodromefriend on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:04 pm

CJS wrote:
edhunter wrote:Does anyone know if Planes TV are doing this years dvd again?
If so when can it be pre-ordered?
Can i also make a request to RIAT marketing to ask the people at Planes TV to get more of the static park especially the rare aircraft?


I would have thought the request would be better off made to Planes TV, or do DBH have control over the content of the DVD?? :dunno:

It can certainly (no wait, I think it can) be pre-ordered at the show, I don't know if it can be sooner (but why would you do that??).
I thought DBH did have a final say on the content. IIRC it was given as one of the reasons why the DVD was quite late last year.

I agree about the static question. It's an area in which PlanesTV really has to improve/start, especially in a year like this with such agreat looking static.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Red Dragon on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:33 am

I pre-ordered the Bluray collectors disc at their tent last year and (assuming Planes TV doing this years again) I will be ordering it again on the Sunday :smile:
Rik Mayall (07/03/1958 – 09/06/2014) RIP
Robin Williams (21/08/1951 – 11/08/2014) RIP
User avatar
Red Dragon

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby aviodromefriend on Tue 11 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

DVDs can be pre-ordered already at both PlanesTV's website and airtattoo.com, Blurays only at airtattoo.com. The picture at PlanesTV only shows the standard edition, DBH has both the standard and collectors edition available. Make of that what you want. Not a sign of the "normal" PlanesTV offer for another free DVD if you order RIAT, contrary to FL and Yeovilton (if you are quick enough).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby edhunter on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

Does anyone have any ideas as to when this years dvd is likely to be posted out?
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby speedbird2639 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

edhunter wrote:Does anyone have any ideas as to when this years dvd is likely to be posted out?


Last year it wasn't until early Nov so I wouldn't bother camping behind your letterbox waiting for it - its going to be a while yet.
User avatar
speedbird2639

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 4:26 am

The PlanesTV website has both the standard & 'Collectors' editions available to pre-order, both in either DVD or Blu-Ray.
It also states in the 'details' section for both that the release date is Tuesday 31 October.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 4:29 am

aviodromefriend wrote:Not a sign of the "normal" PlanesTV offer for another free DVD if you order RIAT, contrary to FL and Yeovilton (if you are quick enough).

There was, but the offer's now ended :
Pre-order the DVD or Blu-ray now and we'll send you a FREE copy of our Airshow Action 10 DVD....(snip)....FREE DVD OFFER ENDS MONDAY 31ST JULY
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby edhunter on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 4:58 pm

just looked at planes tv for an update for the dvd and it's now saying November for release so i guess we might be waiting til the new year.
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby rdchawk on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

edhunter wrote:just looked at planes tv for an update for the dvd and it's now saying November for release so i guess we might be waiting til the new year.


Didn't this happen last year, the release date kept moving further and further back.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
User avatar
rdchawk

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Adie1980 on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:33 pm

edhunter wrote:just looked at planes tv for an update for the dvd and it's now saying November for release so i guess we might be waiting til the new year.


It's always ready by Christmas
Attending RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
User avatar
Adie1980

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:13 pm

From today's "Win a copy" E-Mail from DBH :
If you have already ordered the DVD/Blu-ray, it will be dispatched by PlanesTV by the end of November.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby aviodromefriend on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:56 pm

So highly doubtful if I'll receive mine before pakjesavond.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 2:15 pm

Onwaarschijnlijk :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2017 DVD

Postby Paul_Reflex on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:27 pm

I ordered mine at the show and got the collector's edition blu ray in the post today.

It's definitely on a par with last year's production. It reminded me how bad the weather was. My favourite bit so far is the Belgian F-16 full routine from in-cockpit with a narrative of the routine from Gizmo. It's in the special and is well worth checking out.
User avatar
Paul_Reflex


Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GazBOH, ianf and 12 guests