RIAT 2018 discussion

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Post by aviodromefriend »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:very good lighting conditions for a millisecond. :grin:
Just relieved you rule out the problem of overexposure.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

McG

Post by McG »

Would be good to see this sort of quality at FRIAT

https://twitter.com/airtattoo/status/97 ... 75584?s=21

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Y'know, without wishing to ruffle feathers, I really can't wait for tomorrow's update.

I think we desperately need something to distract us & to actually talk about, rather than a menu none us really care about...

:cuppa:

Jonnym

Post by Jonnym »

Ha! You’re right though.

Never thought i’d see the day when out of a week’s worth of forum, the static JP was probably the highlight! :)

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tommy wrote:I think we desperately need something to distract us & to actually talk about, rather than a menu none us really care about...

Much like previous discussions about the size of the seating in FRIAT, then. :biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Brevet Cable wrote:
Tommy wrote:I think we desperately need something to distract us & to actually talk about, rather than a menu none us really care about...

Much like previous discussions about the size of the seating in FRIAT, then. :biggrin:

Damn straight. S'not like any of this ever makes our reviews or anything. :whistle:

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

No update today ! Source is RIAT Facebook account.

Gonzo230

Post by Gonzo230 »

We will not be announcing an aircraft update today.

RIAT Airshow (@airtattoo)

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

No aircraft announcement today unfortunately.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Shame.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

CJS

Post by CJS »

Saving them up for an Easter mega update perhaps?
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

No update today ! Source is RIAT Facebook account.

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

Adamwilliams132 wrote:No update today ! Source is RIAT Facebook account.

Great, thanks...

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

Maybe in light of recent events, they've pulled today's update out of RESPECT?
While I appreciate that life goes on, and accidents happen all the time...these guys put themselves out to ENTERTAIN us.
And what do we do, when one of that tight knit community fall, and the the airshow update is pulled? Shame..maybe they're holding out for an Eggstravaganza.. Are we really that blasé when it comes to death, and respect?

Berf

Post by Berf »

Isn’t it actually more likely that the RAF will use 1April to make any major announcement on its celebration and revealing the extent of its major celebrations beforehand just dilutes it

harkins

Post by harkins »

Havoc wrote:Maybe in light of recent events, they've pulled today's update out of RESPECT?
While I appreciate that life goes on, and accidents happen all the time...these guys put themselves out to ENTERTAIN us.
And what do we do, when one of that tight knit community fall, and the the airshow update is pulled? Shame..maybe they're holding out for an Eggstravaganza.. Are we really that blasé when it comes to death, and respect?

It's perfectly understandable that they might have made no announcement today in light of Tuesday's tragedy, no complaints from me. However, life does go on and this has perhaps been indicated by Yeovilton announcing a C-130 for static yesterday and today, little over an hour ago, the RAF themselves have announced that there will be a Tutor display this year piloted by Flt Lt Andy Sell (credit to Gary on FC for seeing the team's Facebook post).

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Havoc wrote:Maybe in light of recent events, they've pulled today's update out of RESPECT?

I don't see how it translates to a mark of respect. It'd certainly be ridiculous to suggest it's disrespectful to put out an airshow update as normal (see: Yeovilton, Tutor Display). Should we all be wearing black this week as well?

Honestly, in my opinion, if it is a "mark of respect" it's a fairly glib one (unless the Red Arrows were to be the announcement). Certainly they've not actually indicated it is such, either.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I'm not suggesting at all that we should drag out the mourning suits, Wissam, and if my tone offended I apologise.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Wissam24 wrote:

I don't see how it translates to a mark of respect. It'd certainly be ridiculous to suggest it's disrespectful to put out an airshow update as normal (see: Yeovilton, Tutor Display). Should we all be wearing black this week as well?

Honestly, in my opinion, if it is a "mark of respect" it's a fairly glib one (unless the Red Arrows were to be the announcement). Certainly they've not actually indicated it is such, either.

Certainly not, it had honestly not even occurred to me that might be the reason for no update today. No offence intended from my side either.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

aviodromefriend

Going by his twitter, Tom has been out of the UK this week. Maybe that is the reason?

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

CJS wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:

Certainly not, it had honestly not even occurred to me that might be the reason for no update today. No offence intended from my side either.

Never even occurred to me either, and judging by activity elsewhere within the UK aviation scene over the last 24 hours, almost certainly NOT the reason why there wasn't an update today... more like a coincidence.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

davidjones533 wrote:Perhaps there was just nothing to announce

Just what I was thinking, as simple as that.

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

vulcan57 wrote:
davidjones533 wrote:Perhaps there was just nothing to announce

Just what I was thinking, as simple as that.

Agree - I'm sure if the non-annoucement was out of respect they would have said.

Hopefully means next week's is a bumper update...

aviodromefriend

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RIATAirOps/status/976846174366978048[/tweet]The aircraft that should have been in the update, just weren't found in time to announce them today. (BTW, my inbox is in the 8900s now)