RIAT 2018 discussion

Re: RIAT 2018 discussion

Postby CJS on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 11:49 am

Wissam24 wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:Statics only :sad:

Wrong

Ha! Not just 'quite wrong' either like me Brevet, you were full on 'wrong' :tongue:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Skyflash on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 11:50 am

Wissam24 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:The static park genuinely looks awesome. Would like to see a couple statics to top if off though (Mirages/C5 Galaxy/Skyhawk). Starting to feel as though India are not going to send anything which is a shame, given their links!

Yes, I'm not sure you've quite grasped the nature of those "links" mind.

:lmao: marvellous understatement...
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 11:59 am

CJS wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:Statics only :sad:

Wrong

Ha! Not just 'quite wrong' either like me Brevet, you were full on 'wrong' :tongue:

Meh! It's only a PC-9, so my brain probably ignored it when I was reading the update.
That's my excuse, anyway. :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Airshowhammer on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:03 pm

Wissam24 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:The static park genuinely looks awesome. Would like to see a couple statics to top if off though (Mirages/C5 Galaxy/Skyhawk). Starting to feel as though India are not going to send anything which is a shame, given their links!

Just going to be honest. No, no i haven’t. Brainfart. I was thinking more of their recent exercises together. :grin:
Airshowhammer

Postby capercaillie on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:16 pm

Quite brilliant in these times. Fingers crossed for no cancellations and we now equal 1999 and 2000 in terms of number of nations. Ireland and Japan are always late, usually within the last month, when confirming, so its looking possible a new record will be set. At least the Jordanian has confirmed, shame it wasn't this beast though:
https://militaryaviationreview.com/jordan-takes-delivery-of-first-mi-26-halo :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Skyflash on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:25 pm

capercaillie wrote:Quite brilliant in these times. Fingers crossed for no cancellations and we now equal 1999 and 2000 in terms of number of nations. Ireland and Japan are always late, usually within the last month, when confirming, so its looking possible a new record will be set. At least the Jordanian has confirmed, shame it wasn't this beast though:
https://militaryaviationreview.com/jordan-takes-delivery-of-first-mi-26-halo :grin:

Oooft!

Could it be disassembled and brought over in the Herc? :grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Postby Gripenjetphotos on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:34 pm

Skyflash wrote:
capercaillie wrote:Quite brilliant in these times. Fingers crossed for no cancellations and we now equal 1999 and 2000 in terms of number of nations. Ireland and Japan are always late, usually within the last month, when confirming, so its looking possible a new record will be set. At least the Jordanian has confirmed, shame it wasn't this beast though:

Oooft!

The Mi-26 is larger than the C-130 though (in length). :shock:
Unofficially promoting the SAAB Gripen in Britain!
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/
Gripenjetphotos

Postby capercaillie on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:40 pm

Gripenjetphotos wrote:
Skyflash wrote:

Oooft!

Hence why he said disassembled, as if anyone would think it would go in whole. :roll: :whistle:
capercaillie

Postby Gripenjetphotos on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:51 pm

capercaillie wrote:
Gripenjetphotos wrote:
Skyflash wrote:

Oooft!

Hence why he said disassembled, as if anyone would think it would go in whole. :roll: :whistle:

Would that still be possible though? You'd have to disassemble it a lot in order to even attempt to fit it in.
Unofficially promoting the SAAB Gripen in Britain!
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/
Gripenjetphotos

Postby Ouragan on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:02 pm

More like they'd disassemble the Herk to bring it over in the Mi-26... :dizzy:
Ouragan

Postby capercaillie on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:06 pm

Apparently they're reversible so each one will fit inside the other, an invention by Irish inventors Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick. :up:
capercaillie

Postby st24 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:09 pm

Wissam24 wrote:

But those "links" did lead to the creation of the Indian Armed Forces, and an air force that matches the RAF in structure-ranks, units, uniforms, nomenclature etc, same for Pakistan.

Well if you include Brazil for the KC390 we are up to 31 nations... :dunno:
And with expected spares and supports were up to around 244 aeroplanes...
Last edited by st24 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby CJS on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:09 pm

C'Mon, it would only have to refuel 8 times to fly here. How hard would that be to sort out? Pull your finger out DBH, honestly :roll:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby st24 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:10 pm

capercaillie wrote:Apparently they're reversible so each one will fit inside the other, an invention by Irish inventors Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick. :up:

:grin: I'd heard those names used in a slightly different joke previously!!
st24

Postby capercaillie on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:15 pm

st24 wrote:Well if you include Brazil for the KC390 we are up to 31 nations... :dunno:

You know the rules Mr S, not allowed unless officially handed over, same as those Indian and Canadian Hawks. If it arrives as a full Brazilian, bejewelled with little stars it may be allowed. :biggrin:
capercaillie

Postby boff180 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:18 pm

capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:Well if you include Brazil for the KC390 we are up to 31 nations... :dunno:

You know the rules Mr S, not allowed unless officially handed over, same as those Indian and Canadian Hawks. If it arrives as a full Brazilian, bejewelled with little stars it may be allowed. :biggrin:

Classed that as a Civil ;-)
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:18 pm

CJS wrote:C'Mon, it would only have to refuel 8 times to fly here. How hard would that be to sort out? Pull your finger out DBH, honestly :roll:

Easier than the reds 21 fuel stops going to far East!!!
Kevyboy1979

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:20 pm

st24 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:

But those "links" did lead to the creation of the Indian Armed Forces, and an air force that matches the RAF in structure-ranks, units, uniforms, nomenclature etc, same for Pakistan.

Well if you include Brazil for the KC390 we are up to 31 nations... :dunno:
And with expected spares and supports were up to around 244 aeroplanes...

And yet someone a few days ago said we were at the same number as last year before today's update, knew I was not miscounting when looking at confirmed aircraft.
Kevyboy1979

Postby capercaillie on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:28 pm

st24 wrote:And with expected spares and supports were up to around 244 aeroplanes...

Yep, I'm at 241, but only have one Czech Gripen and no support at the moment, so probably not far apart. Also its before counting Friday's flypast stuff as well, 50+ aircraft, some will be included already such as the BBMF and Reds, but the Hawk and Typhoon formations will certainly be extra. Will be interesting to see if there will be an additional RC-135, Sentinel etc or whether they will peel off and land as the statics.
capercaillie

Postby duffspeed on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:32 pm

Excellent update today. Round of applause for DBH!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
duffspeed

Postby st24 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:40 pm

capercaillie wrote:

Fair enough 'guvnah, I did say "if" and with it being so close to service entry; will be a close shave to include it. :tongue:
capercaillie wrote:
st24 wrote:And with expected spares and supports were up to around 244 aeroplanes...

Yep, I'm at 241, but only have one Czech Gripen and no support at the moment, so probably not far apart. Also its before counting Friday's flypast stuff as well, 50+ aircraft, some will be included already such as the BBMF and Reds, but the Hawk and Typhoon formations will certainly be extra. Will be interesting to see if there will be an additional RC-135, Sentinel etc or whether they will peel off and land as the statics.

I've also thrown in 6 as a representative number for the GWDT - it changes at each show.. As said, with the flypast it'll be a monster.. :up:
st24

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:45 pm

capercaillie wrote:

They won't pull off and land for statics as they will all have to be in place before the airshow opens on Friday as the whole Base will be open on Friday this year unlike others where the Far end is closed to allow the Friday arrivals to park up when they arrive so there most likley will be extra aircraft.
Kevyboy1979

Postby borismorris on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 1:55 pm

Kevyboy1979 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

They won't pull off and land for statics as they will all have to be in place before the airshow opens on Friday as the whole Base will be open on Friday this year unlike others where the Far end is closed to allow the Friday arrivals to park up when they arrive so there most likley will be extra aircraft.

Full stops and commas have cancelled by the looks. :handbag: :clown:
borismorris

Postby Kevyboy1979 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 2:04 pm

borismorris wrote:
Kevyboy1979 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Full stops and commas have cancelled by the looks. :handbag: :clown:

Oh here we go again!!!
Kevyboy1979

Postby MiG_Eater on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 2:08 pm

Perhaps the whole grammar correcting thing could be done by the mods in private? This weekly argument does seem to go round in circles and clearly, pointing out bad grammar mid-thread doesn't seem to help people improve it.

That's my last word on the matter anyway...
MiG_Eater

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo