THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby cristianxb1983 on Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:45 pm

Hi everyone. I will be arriving to Swindon at around 11AM on thursday. Do you think it will be worth it to find my way to Fairford to see if I can catch anything interesting yet to arrive? What would be the best way to get to the threshold of the runway? I dont have park and view ticket. Thanks

Best Regards!!
cristianxb1983

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby aviodromefriend on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 6:28 am

cristianxb1983 wrote:Hi everyone. I will be arriving to Swindon at around 11AM on thursday. Do you think it will be worth it to find my way to Fairford to see if I can catch anything interesting yet to arrive? What would be the best way to get to the threshold of the runway? I dont have park and view ticket. Thanks

Best Regards!!
View at the runway seems to be blocked by extra fences (and maybe banners). There was a tweet about that in the regular thread yesterday. If you go, buy PV tickets on the day, they're not sold out.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby cristianxb1983 on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 9:24 am

Good to know! And what would the best way to reach the park and view? Is there anything cheaper tan taxi?

Thanks again
cristianxb1983

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby coanda on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

You may be able to find someone who is going there from swindon, who is willing to give you a lift for the petrol money. Do the whole social media thing on the UKAR twitter etc and see if theres a friendly type out there.

There are also bus services specially laid on for RIAT. I dont know if they will operate on thursday at all, let alone from swindon. Also worth looking in to.

Hiring a car is probably cheaper than the taxi.
coanda

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby aviodromefriend on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm

coanda wrote: There are also bus services specially laid on for RIAT. I dont know if they will operate on thursday at all, let alone from swindon. Also worth looking in to.
Only Friday, Saturday and Sunday (as has been done to death for years).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby cristianxb1983 on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 5:16 pm

Thanks for the replies. What I will do is rent a car when I arrive into Gatwick first time in the morning and head to the airfield straight away in order not to miss any action. It was way cheaper to rent a car until monday than getting taxis + trains from LGW.
cristianxb1983

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby coanda on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm

:up:
coanda

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby DonaldGrump on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 6:06 pm

cristianxb1983 wrote:Thanks for the replies. What I will do is rent a car when I arrive into Gatwick first time in the morning and head to the airfield straight away in order not to miss any action. It was way cheaper to rent a car until monday than getting taxis + trains from LGW.


It would probably cheaper to charter a helicopter than getting trains and taxis in this country.
DonaldGrump

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Postby mikek on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 8:39 pm

DonaldGrump wrote:
cristianxb1983 wrote:Thanks for the replies. What I will do is rent a car when I arrive into Gatwick first time in the morning and head to the airfield straight away in order not to miss any action. It was way cheaper to rent a car until monday than getting taxis + trains from LGW.


It would probably cheaper to charter a helicopter than getting trains and taxis in this country.


LOL, true dat.
Handsomest UKAR member.
User avatar
mikek


Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SkyDave, Xray833 and 9 guests