Postby boff180 on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 10:33 am

Clarify - EU nation.
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Berf on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 5:34 pm

boff180 wrote:Clarify - EU nation.

For now :-)

21 January 2014: the 1st Intergovernmental Conference took place, signaling the formal start of Serbia's EU accession negotiations
Berf

Postby Pringles on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 6:58 pm

Berf wrote:
boff180 wrote:Clarify - EU nation.

For now :-)

21 January 2014: the 1st Intergovernmental Conference took place, signaling the formal start of Serbia's EU accession negotiations

Wouldn't exactly rule us out in a few years' time anyway :wink:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic
Pringles

Postby aviodromefriend on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm

Pringles wrote:Wouldn't exactly rule us out in a few years' time anyway :wink:
If there is no agreement in March '19 the UK will be ejected anyway. The point at which the UK could have opted to be a member for a longer time than that has long gone.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
aviodromefriend

Postby Xray833 on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
Pringles wrote:Wouldn't exactly rule us out in a few years' time anyway :wink:
If there is no agreement in March '19 the UK will be ejected anyway. The point at which the UK could have opted to be a member for a longer time than that has long gone.

Thank goodness for that but is this a political thread ?
Xray833

Postby blackcat on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 9:24 am

Hopefully an Indian Jag would be nice,
Being an ex RAF Type and all that,
blackcat

Postby boff180 on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 8:42 pm

As per FIA thread - don't expect anything Russian. The EU ban on the movement of Russian military equipment across Europe is being upheld by the government.

Andy
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Chrisse on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 10:31 am

Pakistani Super Mushshak demo would be cool :) Wouldn't rule it out as they do the rounds at tradeshows so with FIA...
Chrisse

Postby rdchawk on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 12:36 pm

Does the Russia ban also rule out demo's by companies?? Just thinking when the MIG 29 OVT displayed
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby boff180 on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 12:52 pm

rdchawk wrote:Does the Russia ban also rule out demo's by companies?? Just thinking when the MIG 29 OVT displayed

Yes
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby clearstone on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:05 pm

Chrisse wrote:Pakistani Super Mushshak demo would be cool :) Wouldn't rule it out as they do the rounds at tradeshows so with FIA...

It would be very nice to see the Pakistan Air Force in the flying display.
clearstone

Postby rdchawk on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:22 pm

boff180 wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Does the Russia ban also rule out demo's by companies?? Just thinking when the MIG 29 OVT displayed

Yes

Thank you.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Rossbeef on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:27 pm

I would like to see the C-5 again. It has not felt the same without one after the old days of driving up and seeing the massive tail in the distance. I know you can still see others - KC135's C-17s etc. but it has always been the Galaxy that has stood out for me.
Rossbeef

Postby aviodromefriend on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 9:22 pm

Rossbeef wrote:I would like to see the C-5 again. It has not felt the same without one after the old days of driving up and seeing the massive tail in the distance. I know you can still see others - KC135's C-17s etc. but it has always been the Galaxy that has stood out for me.
Hopefully it is not needed to provide some shelter. How many years ago is it there was wall to wall sunshine for the complete weekend? We are due one, and what better year to have it than in a year with a comparable theme as in the cancelled year...

aviodromefriend

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 4:07 pm

Given that their last ( only ? ) appearance was at the 2008 non-event, assuming they still exist I'd like to see the Indian AF's Sarang helicopter display team back again.
I'd rather watch them than the over-long ( and over-rated, in my opinion ) Apache role demo.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby kinglear27 on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 4:09 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Given that their last ( only ? ) appearance was at the 2008 non-event, assuming they still exist I'd like to see the Indian AF's Sarang helicopter display team back again.
I'd rather watch them than the over-long ( and over-rated, in my opinion ) Apache role demo.

Yes, but to top that it has to be the IAF Jaguar. I wonder what the chances are this year.
kinglear27

Postby Unknown74 on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 8:28 am

Here's an interesting little idea for the RIAT Team, seeing as it's the RAF Centenary why not invite any Country which still has any type of Aircraft which has in the past been operated by the Royal Air Force? My idea coming from reading and seeing pictures of things like the Greek Phantoms from Last Year or just been reading about the Indians or anyone else who still operate Aircaft such as The Jaguar etc.etc.......(Spanish or U.S. Harriers)......
Unknown74

Postby CJS on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 11:06 am

It's not a new suggestion :wink:

Which doesn't mean it's not a good one.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Postby Roughcutter on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 12:25 am

An-22 Cock ? :whistle:
Roughcutter

Postby verreli on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:12 pm

So, given that 617 is returning to the UK in the summer of 2018, what do you think the chance of getting a 9 ship of F35B's in diamond followed by a 9 ship side-by-side hover along the crowd line is? Would make the 100th anniversary highly memorable and after all, this is a wish list; right???
verreli

Postby Airshowhammer on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:53 pm

Had massive ‘RIAT blues’ today and was thinking about them Su-22’s in 2014 in cloudless blue sky! Would love to see them back!
Haven’t seen a B1 fly in 10 nearly 11 years. Has it really been that long. :sad:

And as said above would be cool to see F35’s hovering together. Maybe one F35 and Harrier in hover possibly?
Had a dream couple days ago that that Red Arrows special flypast was them leading with 2 spitfires and 2 Hurricances in Diamond with the Typhoon (GINA) in the middle just behind.
Airshowhammer

Postby boff180 on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

verreli wrote:So, given that 617 is returning to the UK in the summer of 2018, what do you think the chance of getting a 9 ship of F35B's in diamond followed by a 9 ship side-by-side hover along the crowd line is? Would make the 100th anniversary highly memorable and after all, this is a wish list; right???

I don’t think 617 will be bringing 9 aircraft with them in June???
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby 138EAW on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 6:51 pm

I think only 4 F-35B are expected in the first wave of arrivals at Marham
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =40
GR4 =32, GR4A =2, GR4(T) =6
138EAW

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 8:15 pm

138EAW wrote:I think only 4 F-35B are expected in the first wave of arrivals at Marham
So no 3*3 (Guess the Reds will want to do that one) but 2*2 is possible? Well, every aircraft needs to be fully servicable on three consecutive days. Not a common thing to achieve with aircraft types that are just entering service with an air arm.

aviodromefriend

Postby alpha586 on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:24 pm

There are so many aircraft that I would like to see at RIAT this year that have a connection with the RAF but one stands out above all others. It really would be a dream come true if they could crate up and ship over a De Havilland Mosquito from the States. Yes I know it would be better suited to legends in any other year but as it is one of the RAF's most iconic aircraft I think it would fit in perfectly.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!
alpha586

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo