RIAT 2018 wishlist

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby GazBOH on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 5:45 pm

I enjoyed seeing the USAFE flypast this year.

So a similar RAF mixed formation, including Tornado, Typhoon, F35... with special commemorative paint

Also throw in some heavies and the BBMF into the mix :)

A Tornado or Typhoon role demo would be great.
GazBOH

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Ewart on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:11 am

Iranian F-14

and a MiG-28
User avatar
Ewart

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby skidd40 on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 8:07 am

Black Eagles Display Team
Russian Knights Display Team
Sukhoi PAK FA and or T-50
J 20 actually any J'........
User avatar
skidd40

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Skyflash on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

Ewart wrote:Iranian F-14

and a MiG-28


Given that Iran are our new best friends I'd have thought that this is an absolute certainty.

:grin:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby capercaillie on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

spotterwilliam wrote:Massive RAF flyby, and with that i mean atleast 25 aircraft.


Since when has 25 been massive? take the Reds and BBMF out and you only have to find about 5-7 aircraft :lol:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby capercaillie on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:07 am

Ewart wrote:Iranian F-14

and a MiG-28


Looking forward to their mirror pass already honouring the noble Mr Cruise. :smile:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby spotterwilliam on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

capercaillie wrote:
spotterwilliam wrote:Massive RAF flyby, and with that i mean atleast 25 aircraft.


Since when has 25 been massive? take the Reds and BBMF out and you only have to find about 5-7 aircraft :lol:


agree, should have said 'fighter jets' instead. It was 31(tornado's, harriers and typhoons) at the 90th flypast?
spotterwilliam

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby st24 on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:57 am

spotterwilliam wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
spotterwilliam wrote:Massive RAF flyby, and with that i mean atleast 25 aircraft.


Since when has 25 been massive? take the Reds and BBMF out and you only have to find about 5-7 aircraft :lol:


agree, should have said 'fighter jets' instead. It was 31(tornado's, harriers and typhoons) at the 90th flypast?

Yep 31+ 7 Hawks if you want to include those ( + a further 4 with the Sentinel and Nimrod.) part of the 90 aeroplanes taking part. A super effort back then made even more impressive given the shocking wx they had to form up and fly through.. :clap:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:18 pm

kinglear27 wrote:For me:
Meteor NF11
De Havilland Venom
F4 Phantom
Hunter
Jet Provost
Sea Fury
Vampire
RAF Flypast and more cold war jets!


oh Please... :rock: :rock: :biggrin:
Canon 750D & Canon 75-300

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
User avatar
ColeTheDemolisher

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby capercaillie on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:31 pm

kinglear27 wrote:For me:
Meteor NF11
De Havilland Venom
F4 Phantom
Hunter
Jet Provost
Sea Fury
Vampire
RAF Flypast and more cold war jets!


Is that just a random list of names of aircraft you've read on other posts on here? Seriously, at RIAT we are wishing for a Jet Provost, a type that turns up just about every year? I love the ambition. :up:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby aviodromefriend on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm

capercaillie wrote:Is that just a random list of names of aircraft you've read on other posts on here? Seriously, at RIAT we are wishing for a Jet Provost, a type that turns up just about every year? I love the ambition. :up:
The new username of CJS has been cracked.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Tilehurst Bee on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 4:49 pm

Just wondering how friendly we are with Algeria ? I think most of their Aircraft would be on our wish list for next year !
Tilehurst Bee

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby CJS on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:32 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:
capercaillie wrote:Is that just a random list of names of aircraft you've read on other posts on here? Seriously, at RIAT we are wishing for a Jet Provost, a type that turns up just about every year? I love the ambition. :up:


The new username of CJS has been cracked.


:-o rumbled... ;-)

To be fair they're not often in the flying
display though. Strikemaster on the Friday in 2016 - which I realise isn't a J.P. but still...

I don't actually recall ever seeing one in the flying display.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS


Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Roughcutter on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 8:30 pm

North Korean MiG 21s :whistle:
a woman phoned the BBC to say that "a hurricane is on the way" Well if you're listening, don't worry it isn't.
User avatar
Roughcutter

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby matty82 on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 9:01 pm

Flying... :cool:
RAF 100 Flypast ( As in 100 Aircraft involved )
RAF Tucano
RAF Hawk T2
RAF F-35B
USAF CV-22 (Last opportunity?)
USAF F-15C (Last opportunity?)
USAF F-22
Polish Mig-29
Polish Su-22
Croatian Mig-21
Spanish Air Force EF-18
Spanish Navy Harrier
Indian Air force Jaguar ( I know :worship: )
Ukrainian SU-27

Aswell as the usual suspects of course :smile:

You never know.This year turned out to be a great RIAT, and as it will be RAF 100 I'm sure there will be several surprises along the way.....
More of the same next year please :up:
matty82

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby CJS on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:06 pm

Iranian Tomcat please. Flying, obviously. :-)
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby mikek on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 12:43 pm

Roughcutter wrote:North Korean MiG 21s :whistle:


heard they're looking to send something to the U.S., so we can live in hope.
Handsomest UKAR member.
User avatar
mikek

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby JJC on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 4:52 pm

mikek wrote:
Roughcutter wrote:North Korean MiG 21s :whistle:


heard they're looking to send something to the U.S., so we can live in hope.


Not sure how RIAT would feel about an ICBM flypast :grin:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
User avatar
JJC

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 5:36 pm

Well the NORKs got some nice flypasts compliments of the USAF today so it's only fair that they reciprocate.
That said, given the reliability & accuracy of their hardware the only way you're likely to get any of their ICBMs anywhere near Fairford is if they were aiming at Boston ( and that's Mass not Lincs ) :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Adie1980 on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 11:36 am

Is RIAT 2018 going to have a full show day on the Friday next year?
My wish is that it remains a half day, reduced capacity show day....
Attending Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
User avatar
Adie1980

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Skyflash on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

Adie1980 wrote:Is RIAT 2018 going to have a full show day on the Friday next year?
My wish is that it remains a half day, reduced capacity show day....


Already confirmed that Friday is a full show-day next year - this has been known for some time.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
User avatar
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Dan213 on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 9:14 pm

JJC wrote:
mikek wrote:
Roughcutter wrote:North Korean MiG 21s :whistle:


heard they're looking to send something to the U.S., so we can live in hope.


Not sure how RIAT would feel about an ICBM flypast :grin:


People would probably moan about the ticket price if it only happened on one day...
Dan213

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Steve p on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 9:15 pm

Xian jh-7, Xian h-6, Mig-31, Tu-22m3, Tu-95, Su-24, Mil-26, Mil-28. :rock:
Steve p

Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Postby Go4Long on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 5:01 pm

SU-35
PAK-FA/T-50
Mig-29 Thrust Vectoring Demo
Iranian F-14 (yeah yeah)
CF-18
a real F-35 demo (ala paris)
Some Typhoon's that aren't grey on static
User avatar
Go4Long

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alans895, Duffer, Go4Long, Jakub.Zurek, jalfrezi, JJC, sithrity, Tmyers123 and 28 guests