2018 Tickets

Re: 2018 Tickets

Postby BrawlerO on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:01 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before but if you renew a Mach3 package from the previous year, is your seat allocation in the grandstand based purely on how low the number on the renewal form was?
Ie can you end up in a lower row than the year before? Or if you renew year after year should you gradually get a bit higher? (assuming not everyone above you renews)
BrawlerO

Postby Paul_Reflex on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm

BrawlerO wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before but if you renew a Mach3 package from the previous year, is your seat allocation in the grandstand based purely on how low the number on the renewal form was?
Ie can you end up in a lower row than the year before? Or if you renew year after year should you gradually get a bit higher? (assuming not everyone above you renews)

I believe that it's just a matter of lower numbered forms having the priority rather than any preference given for the length of membership.
Paul_Reflex

Postby Go4Long on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:54 pm

BrawlerO wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before but if you renew a Mach3 package from the previous year, is your seat allocation in the grandstand based purely on how low the number on the renewal form was?

On the thursday mornings of the show the forms are put out in the FRIAT enclosure. If you line up outside you get a lower numbered form and thusly an earlier pick at your seats. On the forms you list your top choices for where in the grandstand you would like to be located. It's kind of like union vacation allotment that way. If you're form #1 you're guaranteed to get your top pick. If you're form #2 you get your top pick as long as it doesn't conflict with form #1. and so on down the list.

There is no preference given to how many years you have been a member. Although the person that sits at the very top east end of the enclosure has apparently had the same seats for several years now, apparently he just lines up really early every year and then sits there for the whole show bitching about how none of the acts are any good.
Go4Long

Postby BrawlerO on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 12:00 pm

Thanks Paul/Steven, that is useful. I can’t normally make Thursday so I guess I’ll never make the top row.
I’m only bothered as I’m tall and would like to be able stand up every now and then.
BrawlerO

Postby Go4Long on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

BrawlerO wrote:Thanks Paul/Steven, that is useful. I can’t normally make Thursday so I guess I’ll never make the top row.
I’m only bothered as I’m tall and would like to be able stand up every now and then.

The grandstand actually isn't all that bad. I'm 6'4" and don't generally have too big of an issue. If you stand up to stretch between passes nobody is going to say anything to you.
Go4Long

Postby speedbird2639 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 11:37 pm

CJS wrote:Not in my experience. It's just as overpriced at RIAT as anywhere else.

http://www.airtattoo.com/assets/pages/00001872/2018%20trade%20%20exhibitor%20application%20form.pdf When you see the Dick Turpin prices RIAT charge for the trade stallholders (which I'm sure are broadly aligned with the market norm) you can see why they have to charge the customer inflated prices.

If you take your own tuck and drinks and don't buy a infomercial pamphlet sorry programme then you can reduce costs to a sensible level compared to other 'prestige' days out.
speedbird2639

Previous

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo