2018 Tickets

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
alans895

Re: 2018 Tickets

Post by alans895 »

For sure there are more Mach 3 packages then seats in the top two rows. The only time I did FRIAT (Mach 3) I was in the third or fourth row from the lowest side of the stand.

Certainly wasn't the case when I attended RIAT for my first time in 2016 and purchased a Mach 3 pass. I was second row from the top, and from memory those immediately in front of me were Mach 2.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

I purchased my Mach 3 in 2012 and 2013 relatively late on and was in D. I have renewed at the show since 2014 and have been B, until last year when I was in A for the first time. There are definitely more Mach 3 packages than the top two rows so if you purchased not long before they sold out you will probably be in C or D. All due respect to the above poster but you got lucky.

Due to the nature of how popular the top row is, I actually felt like I was slightly more impeded when taking photos, even though you are able to stand.

CJS

Post by CJS »

I can't risk not seeing what we can throw together for the RAF's birthday, so have just bought a Friday ticket - now to figure out how to legitimately actually be allowed to go!! :grin:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Oh they are only abt 6yo - just given them some colouring in to do and a Famous Five or Big Ears and Noddy to read and leave them with the classroom assistant. Its only one day!

CJS

Post by CJS »

A normal kind of Friday then :-P

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I note Saturday Super Early Bird are 'over 50%' sold, and estimated to be gone before Christmas. Its interesting having an insight into the patterns of ticket sales. Saturday has always been the most popular day, buts seems so to a much higher degree than I expected.

Will Early Bird be gone super early in this new format I wonder?

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

CJS wrote:I can't risk not seeing what we can throw together for the RAF's birthday, so have just bought a Friday ticket - now to figure out how to legitimately actually be allowed to go!! :grin:

Request to governors for a day's unpaid leave; say you have been given the chance to do some airside photography.
It's called well being.
OR
swap your PPA time for a couple of weeks to have a day out of school.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

CJS

Post by CJS »

I went for option two. All good :-)

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

tickets bought, viewing village sorted bring on the good times.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Update on 'Super Earlybird' tickets today :
Saturday Super Earlybird Tickets Selling Out!
If you want to secure your Super Earlybird Air Tattoo tickets for Saturday 14 July 2018 you'll need to act soon as just 1,000 tickets are now remaining!
These will be sold out at some point early next week at the current rate of sale. Once these are sold, Saturday's ticket price will increase to £50 as it enters the Earlybird discount. Friday and Sunday will still remain in the Super Earlybird price range and are currently around 50% sold.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Purchased mine for Friday last week. Just hope I am not dissapointed by the RAF flypast and exhibition? This will be the first time I have not just gone on Monday since about 2006!

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

No doubt we'll mostly have noticed this on other media but super early bird for Saturday are now down to less than 100 available. Its a worthwhile discount, so got yourself straight in if you intend to buy super early birds.

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

Saturday Super Earlybird Sold Out!
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

whateverg

Post by whateverg »

Does anyone know if I were to buy show day tickets now, will I have to pay a separate admin fee if I add park and view tickets at a later date? Thank you!

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

i believe the admin fee is per transaction so my guess would yes an additional fee would be payable. P&V are available on the day so best to wait and see what the weather is doing otherwise you've paid £15/20 to sit in the rain while nothing much happens for extended periods.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Yep, you'll have to pay the admin fee again, same if you add an enclosure ticket at a later date.
아직도 숨어있다

whateverg

Post by whateverg »

speedbird2639 wrote:i believe the admin fee is per transaction so my guess would yes an additional fee would be payable. P&V are available on the day so best to wait and see what the weather is doing otherwise you've paid £15/20 to sit in the rain while nothing much happens for extended periods.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will wait closer to the time then. Haven't done P&V before but IIRC tickets did sell out last year? Would also need to get the bus from Swindon but I guess that ticket can be bought on the day too.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

My advice is if you know you're going, get your tickets. The demand for tickets for the big one next year is way in excess of previous events, understandably, and there isn't massive capacity in P&V. Once the build up starts in the new year its only going to accelerate, in my opinion.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:My advice is if you know you're going, get your tickets. The demand for tickets for the big one next year is way in excess of previous events, understandably, and there isn't massive capacity in P&V. Once the build up starts in the new year its only going to accelerate, in my opinion.

What he said.
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And you should still get the same number of arrivals regardless of the weather.
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

iainpeden wrote:
CJS wrote:I can't risk not seeing what we can throw together for the RAF's birthday, so have just bought a Friday ticket - now to figure out how to legitimately actually be allowed to go!! :grin:

Request to governors for a day's unpaid leave; say you have been given the chance to do some airside photography.
It's called well being.
OR
swap your PPA time for a couple of weeks to have a day out of school.

I appear to have accidentally bought a Saturday ticket too :tongue: :grin:

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Personally Im gutted they've made the Friday into another show day, rather than the 4 hour display they had last year. Reason being I wanted a less busy day to go , and presumably smaller queues all round, as I have to drive from Worcestershire to the show and get Anxious unfortunately.

So im trying to decide the best day for me to go Friday or Saturday ? Saturday means I wont have to book a day off, but will the traffic around the show be quieter on the Friday ?
Id even be tempted to go on Thursday to see arrivals , as I seem to recall some planes do a practice as well ? But its a long way for me to sit for ages where nothing happens.

Ideally Id decide much nearer the time, and just pay the higher ticket price, but are the shows all likely to sell out ?

Thanks for any tips guys.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Given that both days will likely sell out, I'd imagine that if anything the traffic on Saturday would be slightly less as there will be fewer people commuting. Around the base I doubt you'll notice the difference though.

The two days will have a quite different feel to each other this year I think as Friday is the official birthday flypast party type thing day.

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Mr Benn wrote:Id even be tempted to go on Thursday to see arrivals , as I seem to recall some planes do a practice as well ? But its a long way for me to sit for ages where nothing happens.

Thursday is usually a very busy day with arrivals and practice displays anyway. But with 2018 being a bigger show, and no arrivals on Friday, I would fully expect Thursday to be a very busy day. That said, arrivals is no match for an actual show day in terms of the best day to visit.